What did Green Day inspire you to do?

RagexLovex94

Green Day has inspired me so much...to play guitar, be upfront on how I am politically even though it is drastically different then the views of my family and friends, and they inspired me to be more open about my being bi sexual (like 90% lesbo!) I came out to most of my family and my friends because of them! I was curious on what all Green Day might have inspired others to do?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Day inspired me to be me, to not care what others think. Before I got into them I was painfully shy & a total push-over, but after listening to their music, finding out about the guys & getting to know their personalities, I realised that I didn't wanna be the same person anymore, I wanted to stand up for myself & not take shit from people who aren't of value to my life.

I've grown a hell of a lot thanks to them & I can't than them enough. :)

Well, I'm a writer and I actually want to make a career out of it, but it's really hard. A lot of people in my family don't really support it or they make fun of it saying I'll be poor forever and sometimes I feel like I should give up and do something stable. But whenever I watch or hear Green Day I just remember how they made it and I feel like a lot of their songs have the message of don't let anyone stand in the way of what you want; stand up for what yo believe in. Because of them I keep going in my writing career even though it is hard.

Well, I'm a writer and I actually want to make a career out of it, but it's really hard. A lot of people in my family don't really support it or they make fun of it saying I'll be poor forever and sometimes I feel like I should give up and do something stable. But whenever I watch or hear Green Day I just remember how they made it and I feel like a lot of their songs have the message of don't let anyone stand in the way of what you want; stand up for what yo believe in. Because of them I keep going in my writing career even though it is hard.

I'm a writer too! I think you should keep on writing! You will be miserable if you don't. My dad could have made it in music but he let his parents talk him out of it! You have to do what you love!

i have a bad habit of saying "y'know"

LOL!!! Me too!

Green Day inspired me to be me, to not care what others think. Before I got into them I was painfully shy & a total push-over, but after listening to their music, finding out about the guys & getting to know their personalities, I realised that I didn't wanna be the same person anymore, I wanted to stand up for myself & not take shit from people who aren't of value to my life.

I've grown a hell of a lot thanks to them & I can't than them enough. :)

Yeah! I've noticed I'm not shy anymore since listening to them and just say what needs to be said!

Add me to the list of writers they have inspired! Listening to their music and admiring their lyrics inspire me so much. Their music always puts me in a creative mood. :)

Their whole attitude inspires me. When I was in middle school they instilled in me to be an individual instead of a follower, and I've carried that with me. Giving an adolescent the encouragement that its okay to be yourself is the greatest thing you can do for a kid.

Add me to the list of writers they have inspired! Listening to their music and admiring their lyrics inspire me so much. Their music always puts me in a creative mood. :)

Their whole attitude inspires me. When I was in middle school they instilled in me to be an individual instead of a follower, and I've carried that with me. Giving an adolescent the encouragement that its okay to be yourself is the greatest thing you can do for a kid.

Agreed!

I'm a writer too! I think you should keep on writing! You will be miserable if you don't. My dad could have made it in music but he let his parents talk him out of it! You have to do what you love!

LOL!!! Me too!

Yeah! I've noticed I'm not shy anymore since listening to them and just say what needs to be said!

Thanks for the kind words :happy: Luckily, the people who are important in my life like my mom and my mate believe in me...it's just stupid distant family. And you're right writing makes me happy. Sure, I won't be super rich anytime soon, but that doesn't matter to me. All I ask for is that I make a living with it, so I can live day to day without worrying about bills. And don't worry, I will keep writing! ;)

Thanks for the kind words :happy: Luckily, the people who are important in my life like my mom and my mate believe in me...it's just stupid distant family. And you're right writing makes me happy. Sure, I won't be super rich anytime soon, but that doesn't matter to me. All I ask for is that I make a living with it, so I can live day to day without worrying about bills. And don't worry, I will keep writing! ;)

My dad is trying now with his writing that he had given up on when he was like 20 and now he has two published books!!! And I am editing mine and my brothers book to be published! You just gotta try...it could go nowhere, but it also could end up being a killer career for you!

Also, like a lot of people here I feel that Green Day has helped me on the road to becoming who I am now. They taught to not back down for my beliefs, to be vocal about them, and don't let shit get in the way. And messages like that really help because since I look different...some would describe it as Goth :dry: I always get teased even to this day, but with Green Day I just think whatever; I'm not gonna let the teasing convince me I need to change just to fit in.

My dad is trying now with his writing that he had given up on when he was like 20 and now he has two published books!!! And I am editing mine and my brothers book to be published! You just gotta try...it could go nowhere, but it also could end up being a killer career for you!

Good luck with the book! But I agree, you just have to try, which is what I do now. Sure, it's a lot of rejection but I knew what I was in for when I made the choice to be a writer. And it's better to try than to sit and wonder and complain about how you're not doing what you love.

Good luck with the book! But I agree, you just have to try, which is what I do now. Sure, it's a lot of rejection but I knew what I was in for when I made the choice to be a writer. And it's better to try than to sit and wonder and complain about how you're not doing what you love.

Yeah! My brother has it in his mind me and him are gonna be famous writers...It would be nice, but I just have fun writing what is in my heart to write, GD also inspired me to start writing songs! Which is the best way for me to express how I feel alot!

To be apathetic about everything and not give a fuck about what anyone else thinks or says about me.

Like most people said when I was younger I was trying to fit with everyone else and couldn't so I started actually understanding the lyrics of the songs and they teached me to not try anymore.I am who I am and that's totally great.

Green Day inspired me to learn English.

I'm Finnish. When I got into their music I was so young I couldn't speak English properly. I thought Green Day's music was absolutely amazing but I didn't understand most lyrics. I really wanted to know what they were saying in their songs and interviews, so I had to start studying really hard.

I translated Green Day lyrics, I watched interviews and I read music magazines even though I could hardly understand anything. I did my English homework carefully. I even spent hours reading the dictionary. You should see one of my dictionaries. Its covers came off and it's all worn out.

Needless to say, I got really good English grades in school. People started to call me 'the walking dictionary'. :P

I'm really thankful for Green Day. Knowing English makes life drastically better.

They inspired me to speak up and say whatever I damn well please.

Also, Billie Joe inspired me to play e-guitar.

To not be a mindless zombie who follows the crowd and to stand for what i believe in

Archived