Video for Billie Joe "We're proud of you"

klauplunk93

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not gonna be "great job not being wasted for a 5 months billie!" but more like welcoming him back. i dont think theres any harm in that

As Billie himself said, he's not fucking Justin Bieber, and we are fans of a punk group not a manufactured popstar who would probably love this kind of thing.

As Billie himself said, he's not fucking Justin Bieber, and we are fans of a punk group not a manufactured popstar who would probably love this kind of thing.

this is just... kinda dumb.

this is just... kinda dumb.

Not really, i'm probably not getting my point across properlly which is fair enough but at the end of the day Green Day are a rock and roll band, the drugs and drink are part of the package, at 21 i'd find it patronising if i had this directed me, isn't Billie 40 now? I gotta feeling he's done much worse in his younger years (insomniac era?) yet got through times like that most likely with support from friends and family, stuff like this is personnal stuff even if it's known to us, i get the idea is positive but i stand by that it seems pretty patronising and fan boyish.

completely ridiculous. he just said he doesnt want this shit. he never wants to talk about it again. you can let him know you're proud by going to shows and buying gd records. not another pathetic attempt to get the band to notice you. so stfu and quit being attention whores. no one cares. respect the mans wishes and let it be.

completely ridiculous. he just said he doesnt want this shit. he never wants to talk about it again. you can let him know you're proud by going to shows and buying gd records. not another pathetic attempt to get the band to notice you. so stfu and quit being attention whores. no one cares. respect the mans wishes and let it be.

As much as I agree with you you didn't need to be such a dick about it

Everyone has their own way of showing they care about someone....

Some send a card... most cards end up recycled or in a land fill somewhere.

Showing up and cheering... the smiles... those are memories....

Memories that can not be stolen.

"We're proud of you" ?

He's not our child that got an A on a math test.

Instagram and Twitter love is fine enough.

I'm not particularly for the idea either, but this was just rude...you don't know the OP's intentions behind the idea so that's unfair to say something like that

I think it's a good idea but I also think that it's not a good idea. I think this fan base needs to be happy and put the rehab news to bed. I understand you want Billie to know how proud of him you are as do we all but i'm pretty sure by Adrienne tweet on twitter, that he he has seen the awesome feed back.

It wouldn't hurt to do it I guess tho :P

Why are people being such assholes holy fuck.

It's a nice idea, but as others have said, it's best to just let it be. The best thing we can do to show support for Billie is to go to Green Day shows and have the best fucking time of our lives, just like we always do. Just like nothing ever happened.

I´m not agree with the hole thing about the video, but come on people, if some of the guys here wants to do it, let them do it!!! It´s a decision by them not by us, and the most important, if you´re not going to participate, why are you bitchin about it!!! If they wanna pissed Billie Joe, it´s they´re problem (and i really don´t think he´s going to see it, but whatever)

Pissed lol

Hmm. How about everyone who is going to one of the shows on tour learns THE WHOLE TRILOGY and just screams as loud as they can with Billie. I'm sure he would be surprised to be able to let the crowd sing back. That would make him real happy. :)

Hmm. How about everyone who is going to one of the shows on tour learns THE WHOLE TRILOGY and just screams as loud as they can with Billie. I'm sure he would be surprised to be able to let the crowd sing back. That would make him real happy. :)

Done. :D

Not really, i'm probably not getting my point across properlly which is fair enough but at the end of the day Green Day are a rock and roll band, the drugs and drink are part of the package, at 21 i'd find it patronising if i had this directed me, isn't Billie 40 now? I gotta feeling he's done much worse in his younger years (insomniac era?) yet got through times like that most likely with support from friends and family, stuff like this is personnal stuff even if it's known to us, i get the idea is positive but i stand by that it seems pretty patronising and fan boyish.

oh okay i understand much better now! and im pretty sure i agree with you

...which is exactly why I suggested the "STILL Awesome As Fuck!!" sign. That's the "I missed you all", not the "three cheers for Billie!" spotlight that he wants to *not* have to deal with.

Oh, yeah. I guess you did! :lol: Sorry. I didn't see your post. I've been very oblivious lately... :S

MyGV2.gif

I don't think he wants that. He has enough support from the band, friends and family. A video like that sounds... I don't know, I just don't like the idea.

I don't think you guys should remind him for that shit he'd gone through. He just want to put out great shows, and that's it. It's right that we don't know if he'd like it or not - and that's exactly why you guys shouldn't do things like that. I think he just wants to forget it. "It happens. The rest is history."

I think this falls under the category of if you want to do it, then do it; if you don't, then don't. :confused:

Archived