Video for Billie Joe "We're proud of you"

klauplunk93

Hey guys! I read the interview yesterday as many of you, so I came up with an idea, well, before I say it, I saw a picture in tumblr with a great idea, it said that for the ones that are going to any of the next Green Day shows, they could take a sign that says "I'm fucking proud of you", well I though that since not every Green Day fan around the world is going to those shows, maybe we can make a video which will have pictures of all of us with a sign saying "We are proud of you" (yeah, I don't like the "fucking" part).
So, what do you think?
And btw, I don't know anything about making videos, I'm just having the idea so if someone can do it, it will be awesome!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! I read the interview yesterday as many of you, so I came up with an idea, well, before I say it, I saw a picture in tumblr with a great idea, it said that for the ones that are going to any of the next Green Day shows, they could take a sign that says "I'm fucking proud of you", well I though that since not every Green Day fan around the world is going to those shows, maybe we can make a video which will have pictures of all of us with a sign saying "We are proud of you" (yeah, I don't like the "fucking" part).

So, what do you think?

And btw, I don't know anything about making videos, I'm just having the idea so if someone can do it, it will be awesome!

I think it's a great idea! I could do it but I'm not an iMovie/Final Cul super nerd so I'd be more comfortable if a more skilled person volunteered, I prefer being the "worst case scenario" :P

100% agree. I was going to start something similar, where we pick a day & time where we just send Billie a message each on Instagram, Twitter, anywhere simply saying 'We believe in you'. I think it'd be a great way to show how much we care & know that he can pull through this.

I'm in, for sure. :)

I think this is a bad idea. Billie doesn't want the attention. It was hard enough for him to do the one interview. I think he just wants to move on. It's great you guys are being supportive, and I'm sure he will appreciate it, but it doesn't seem like it's something he wants right now.

I agree with Lauren. It's just excessive. Besides, he's through the worst of it now. My guess is he'd much rather forget about that whole period and move on.

"Billievers"

Oh God what have I done.

:sick:

In all honesty, we have no idea what he wants. He may want to just forget it all and move on, but it's equally likely he might want to keep it in mind in order to stay on track. And whichever one it is, I don't think an outpouring of support from his fans is going to make him feel bad. It's up to you to choose whether to be involved, but I don't think pretending nothing happened is the right thing to do. The man went through a ridiculously hard time and made a concerted effort to get his life back. I don't think it would be a "pity party" to express the fact that, as fans, we support him.

I think this is a bad idea. Billie doesn't want the attention. It was hard enough for him to do the one interview. I think he just wants to move on. It's great you guys are being supportive, and I'm sure he will appreciate it, but it doesn't seem like it's something he wants right now.

Oh yeah, guess I kinda didn't think about that... And he did say he doesn't "want a pity party"

In all honesty, we have no idea what he wants. He may want to just forget it all and move on, but it's equally likely he might want to keep it in mind in order to stay on track. And whichever one it is, I don't think an outpouring of support from his fans is going to make him feel bad. It's up to you to choose whether to be involved, but I don't think pretending nothing happened is the right thing to do. The man went through a ridiculously hard time and made a concerted effort to get his life back. I don't think it would be a "pity party" to express the fact that, as fans, we support him.

That was exactly what I was thinking.

I'm sure he already knows how proud and grateful we all are. I'm sure he wouldn't take it in a bad way whatsoever if you did make a video. But, we have no idea what Billie wants. I'm pretty sure his main concern is just moving on without reminders every two seconds.

I'm not sure about this. I don't want to be a dick and ruin something cool, but as someone already pointed out, he may not appreciate the attention. So if you do go through with this, just try to make it "chill" and not all "we're here for you" etc. Not because that's not nice, but as he said in the interview; "I don't want a pity party."

I'll throw in a smiley for good measure. :runaround:

Please don't.

Billie Joe is fine now, and likely wants to move on, so it's unnecessary really.

Actually it would just be more like a bunch of strangers publicly fueling an old fire that he just made an effort to put out.

Show support by going to the show, have a great time, and be like you'd have been if he hadn't had this set back.

I think the Rolling Stone interview should mark the end of it, not to mention we've already expressed pretty much the same sentiment twice in two separate videos since iHeart.

I just think this kind of thing loses it's value if you overkill it, we're there for him (as much as we can be) when he really needs it. It seems patronising for us to basically become his cheerleaders when he's obviously quite capable of pulling through this on his own and setting it right himself.

I think the messages on Instagram, twitter (that Adrienne receives) etc. are enough, and I'm sure he knows we are all proud of him by now :happy:

This idea just sounds...I dunno awkward and cheesy. Like others here have said, I'm sure the comments on Twitter and what not show that we are happy he's back, but I don't think he needs videos and signs showcasing it.

So, what do you think?

/disagree - I'm in agreement with the folks who have been real close to recovering alcoholics; the consensus is that they don't want to be reminded about their recovery. If we wanted to spin this into a strength, I would suggest a sign like "Still Awesome As Fuck!!" might be better -- shows support while looking to the best of the band's past and what will be best in its future, and doesn't focus on Billie's recovery status at all.

I'm pretty sure he best thing for Billie at this point is to just leave him alone about this. He needs to move on from it and so do we. I don't think it would be a good idea to push this issue anymore than it already has been. What he needs is to forget about it, and a video reminding him of isn't going to help with that. Now if it was a video for Green Day in general saying we missed them and we're glad to see them back, that's a whole different story.

I'm pretty sure he best thing for Billie at this point is to just leave him alone about this. He needs to move on from it and so do we. I don't think it would be a good idea to push this issue anymore than it already has been. What he needs is to forget about it, and a video reminding him of isn't going to help with that. Now if it was a video for Green Day in general saying we missed them and we're glad to see them back, that's a whole different story.

...which is exactly why I suggested the "STILL Awesome As Fuck!!" sign. That's the "I missed you all", not the "three cheers for Billie!" spotlight that he wants to *not* have to deal with.

I think the messages on Instagram, twitter (that Adrienne receives) etc. are enough, and I'm sure he knows we are all proud of him by now :happy:

I agree. It's a nice sentiment but I don't think it's necessary. Addiction is a sensitive issue and without knowing how he'd feel about it or what he wants and needs I think it'd be inappropriate to go as far as holding up signs at shows, however well intentioned it was.

Do people really think Billie is gonna watch the video an go " Oh god, hundreds of my fans are saying they're happy for me, christ my day is ruined"

Archived