Billie Joe on the cover of Rolling Stone "The Road Back From Hell"

Sanity Loan

This is probably going to be one of the best interviews i'll ever read. I don't care much for RS physical copies but i NEED this.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to see this.

Billie fucking Joe survived hell and is gonna come back stronger than ever.

I haven't posted here since a while back, but when I saw the cover of RS and some quotes going around on tumblr, I had to come here. The blurbs are giving me the chills, but at least from the picture on the cover seems he's looking healthy and good :)

Some great news finally. :D
This is actually making my day. I can't wait to read that interview it's been 5 months since this happens and finally we're going to know what really happened and Billie Joe version. And the picture. :wub:

It's an incredible piece. Very in-depth. He wasn't afraid to ask Billie Joe very specific questions about how much he used, how much he drank.

It's an incredible piece. Very in-depth. He wasn't afraid to ask Billie Joe very specific questions about how much he used, how much he drank.

I'm assuming you're waiting for the go-ahead from RS to post the scans... any idea when that'll be. it's getting kinda late here.

I think anyone who is surprised by the fact he says this has gone on for years (the alcohol side of things at least) is a bit ignorant to just how often we've seen this guy truly wasted. All the excess at FHT shows, all the times we've heard drunken stories; that is addiction. It's not hard to believe it's been going on for years at all - it just seemed that during AI and 21CB he was able to control it and he wasn't going on stage (at GD shows anyway) drunk or even tipsy. I knew something had changed when he got wasted at that secret show in Texas.

Whatever the situation, i'm just glad he's hopefully back on track and getting healthy.

GD's manager tried to get Billie to go to rehab and cancel everything a week earlier. Billie agreed to go after they finished promo for Uno. But the morning after Vegas and iHeart, their manager called him up and told him he was going to rehab right away. Mike agreed with it. Billie said he barely remembered Vegas. He woke up that morning and asked Adrienne "How bad was it?" She replied "Pretty bad."

I'm worried about us posting it just yet, because I think Rolling Stone will get after us since it's not out yet. Hang tight while we figure it out.

GD's manager tried to get Billie to go to rehab and cancel everything a week earlier. Billie agreed to go after they finished promo for Uno. But the morning after Vegas and iHeart, their manager called him up and told him he was going to rehab right away. Mike agreed with it. Billie said he barely remembered Vegas. He woke up that morning and asked Adrienne "How bad was it?" She replied "Pretty bad."

upload it to http://ctrlv.in/

The situation was actually worst that I thought. I wouldn't have believe he remember barely nothing. :/

I'm worried about us posting it just yet, because I think Rolling Stone will get after us since it's not out yet. Hang tight while we figure it out.

How you guys can have the scans if it isn't out yet?

How you guys can have the scans if it isn't out yet?

subscribers can (sometimes) get it early

Post it somewhere else for us to read.

These little snippets of the interview are making me even more anxious to read the whole thing!! :runaround:

Hell of a lot of stuff on tumblr about this - dunno if it's already been posted.

tumblr_miuop3X1pP1qe6uwyo1_500.jpg

and

I thought everyone was in on the joke, but I WAS the joke.” -BJA

Apparently @chinnaderm from twitter has 'read the article and he says he actually teared up a few times.'

Edit: wait what am I allowed to post this idk????

Anyway, I think the article will be really heartbreaking to read. I know everyone on this forum, me included, has wanted to know the whole story from day one.

Don’t get me wrong I’m really happy that we get to finally know the whole story - I feel so connected to Billie, from the start I wanted to know what was wrong and how I could help. I mean I couldn’t help…

But anyway I know that when I get to read this article it’s going to be really hard, but I sorta feel like we’re invading his privacy a little? I sincerely hope that Billie consented fully to have his thoughts published - I’m sure he did. I think all along everyone has been saying that ‘even the strongest people have their flaws’, or something along those lines. Billie is my hero, he’s my inspiration, and substance abuse does not change my
opinion of him.

If anything, it makes me look up to him even more, since he has taken responsibility and gotten through these trying times. I’m so happy that he has supportive friends and family to help him.

Archived