Billie Joe on the cover of Rolling Stone "The Road Back From Hell"

Sanity Loan

Pretty sure this was just a mistake from David Frickle or Billie just misspoke. I don't think it was done intentionally from either end at all, because whether or not Adrienne drinks has very little to do with the rest of the article. Billie wouldn't make something like that up, only for his wife to go and correct it. This is Billie we're talking about! C'mon, there's no reason to believe he'd lie, at all. He felt totally comfortable saying in the interview more than once that there were certain things he didn't want to detail. If he didn't want to talk about it, he simply said "I don't want to say". And I don't think Frickle wouldn't intentionally screw with Billie's words, either. It was a tiny little piece of the article that somehow got misconstrued. Don't know why or how, but it happens even to the best writers. Just an honest mistake about something that wasn't even that important to begin with. Its all good.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am that poster :D

HAY GURL HAY I never knew your username (I'm marmar627) :D

As one of the people 'overanalyzing,' I think I've only observed respectful and not-too-invasive analysis and thought going on in this thread so far. Sure, we're harping on at length as 'psychologists,' but we're being rational human beings about it.

I thnk you are very respectful. You haven't been over-analyzing at all; you've been thinking about his quotes, not making them up.

Yeah, everyone is totally overanaylzing this, we all are. We just want to understand, we just want to know he will be okay. :unsure:

So I'm a lazy fuck who isn't going to read 47 pages and a quick google only gave me torrents so would anyone be so nice to post the scans/a link to the scans? :D

So I'm a lazy fuck who isn't going to read 47 pages and a quick google only gave me torrents so would anyone be so nice to post the scans/a link to the scans? :D

They are on page 37. :)

Here's the link to the post: http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/92683-billie-joe-on-the-cover-of-rolling-stone-the-road-back-from-hell/?p=5154738

Finally got a copy (didn't want to read it before that), I still can't fully take in everything he said, he was so honest, as usual, there's so much thoughts in my head...(not as usual :lol::P )
I guess whether we like it or not - it makes sense that he feels that he let us fans down, I mean, I would have felt that way too, probably. I saw all those fans trying to make videos to make him feel better and show him how proud we are, they can do whatever they want, but I think it would be better to not remind him about his addictions and what happened in the past (*ahem* iheart radio jokes *ahem*). I think the best way to show him how proud are we is when he'll be on stage, he should feel the energy from the crowd, see all the fans having fun, excited to see them again, just dancing and singing along, and he's going to get those energies, as always, and I hope that would make him feel better again and give him the passion to go on again.

I went to Walmart and they had none, but Safeway did =D

I finally got my magazine copy today! I first saw it on the magazine shelf in my universities library when I went in there for something, then decided to check a nearby Barnes & Noble to see if they finally had it too. Basket Case came on the radio while I was driving and ended as soon as I got to the Barnes & Noble, then I found it! That song had to be a sign or something. Probably not, but it was a really cool coincidence. And when I got back in the car with my Rolling Stone copy, Def Leppards came on. That 20 minutes or so of hearing Green Day, finding the Billie Joe Rolling Stone, and a band that Green Day likes too made my day! :wub: Too bad I have a chemistry exam tomorrow. :dry:

I got the magazine yesterday and the article inside was great! It's really good to know how Billie Joe is really feeling through though times like this. :)

Has anyone else thought about how all this with Billie Joe will affect Foxboro Hot Tubs? It was mentioned time and time again that the band was fueled by alcohol, so I've been wondering what will happen with that side project. And whatever happened to Rodeo Queens with Jesse Malin? That was another project fueled by drinking (I heard them talk about it in an interview). I was looking forward to hearing more from Rodeo Queens but I'm guessing it was a one song thing.

Has anyone else thought about how all this with Billie Joe will affect Foxboro Hot Tubs? It was mentioned time and time again that the band was fueled by alcohol, so I've been wondering what will happen with that side project. And whatever happened to Rodeo Queens with Jesse Malin? That was another project fueled by drinking (I heard them talk about it in an interview). I was looking forward to hearing more from Rodeo Queens but I'm guessing it was a one song thing.

It's looking like a one-and-done for FBHT. Although I love their sound, it's important to note that The Network was also a one-off side project. It would fit the pattern for them to do a third side project sometime after the next album, perhaps near the end of 2015.

I made my parents read the article! They both liked it and understand and respect Billie even more now. :D

Has anyone else thought about how all this with Billie Joe will affect Foxboro Hot Tubs? It was mentioned time and time again that the band was fueled by alcohol, so I've been wondering what will happen with that side project. And whatever happened to Rodeo Queens with Jesse Malin?
That was another project fueled by drinking (I heard them talk about it in an interview). I was looking forward to hearing more from Rodeo Queens but I'm guessing it was a one song thing.

I don't think this will mean the Foxboro Hot Tubs will go away forever. Remember, its still Green Day, its still Billie's songwriting. They don't have to be completely wasted to create that sound that they have going with FBHT or to put on a good show. Billie will just be the "Cleaned Up Rev". :lol:

I finally got around to reading the article.

Wow. I actually didn't think I could respect the guy anymore than I already do, but I guess I can. I'm really, really, really proud of him for turning his life around. I'm glad he figured out that he had this addiction and that if it went on any longer, it could have costed him his band, his marriage, and even his life.

I've always thought that the lyrics to Green Day's songs were some of the most personal and well-written that I've ever seen. Reading about him writing several of the songs as sort of a self-reflection on his own life is living proof of the beauty of music.

Anyone who hasn't caught the interview should definitely check it out. The guy has had a tough life and struggled with his own demons and the ability for him to overcome them is why he is my hero.

I haven't read this yet, but I did see a copy of it in London Drugs

I ran over to it totally freaking out but then realized I had no money to buy it with :pinch:

• 3 weeks later...

Bit late to the party on this one but, 1 month later.. this magazine is now in stores in the UK! Spotted it in WHSmiths in London. One I shall be adding to my GD collection. £3.95 it was btw. Didn't realise we were 1 month / 2 issues behind in the UK, would have been quicker to import it from the US!

Bit late to the party on this one but, 1 month later.. this magazine is now in stores in the UK! Spotted it in WHSmiths in London. One I shall be adding to my GD collection. £3.95 it was btw. Didn't realise we were 1 month / 2 issues behind in the UK, would have been quicker to import it from the US!

Thanks for that, I'll get it today

It's also in Asda if that's any use to any one! :) I picked it up today and I just dkfbsudbyoei I've already read the article when it first can out on Instagram but I had to own it. So happy right now, I feel like a proud momma.

Picked this up in Smith's yesterday and read the article properly for the first time. It's such an interesting read.

• 5 months later...

Archived