Billie Joe on the cover of Rolling Stone "The Road Back From Hell"

Sanity Loan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, it does make it sound like he was forced into it. Doesn't matter as long as he's in a good frame of mind and took it seriously.

He may have realised himself too that he really needed rehab, its just we haven't got the full interview to know :)

I'm just refreshing this topic all the time and hoping to see the scans. :lol: It's 1AM, should I go to bed? Nooo.....

Same here!!

OMG. Prescription drug abuse? "How bad was it Adie?" Billie, I just want to give you a hug. This'll be a hell of an interview. That snippet made me really sad. I'm glad he got the help he needs, I guess it's time to say goodbye to party Billie. :cry:

Welcome back billie <3

Quite.

OMG. Prescription drug abuse? "How bad was it Adie?" Billie, I just want to give you a hug. This'll be a hell of an interview. That snippet made me really sad. I'm glad he got the help he needs, I guess it's time to say goodbye to party Billie. :cry:

Not really. You don't need to take drugs to party.

Excited to read this, after so many rumors coming from gossip sites it'll be good to hear it straight from Billie Joe.

I guess he hasn't discussed it because it was more interesting and relevant in the past to talk about speed or whatever. But you listen to a song like Restless Heart Syndrome or See the Light "I've been wasted, pills and alcohol" and JOS lyrics, and this came as absolutely no shock to me, to the point where I didn't even react or notice that Rolling Stone said it.

Yeah Restless Heart Syndrome is all about prescription drugs.

not to mention more recent lyrics

"Beer goggles left in the club,

A pockets full of pills"

Way to get creative with "Road Back From Hell," RS :thumbsdown:

rollingstone-eminem.jpg

I'm looking forward to this but also dreading how sad it will make me. However, I'm confident that Fricke and Billie will want it to end or at least have some lighter elements to it. It can't all be misery in a magazine article :lol:

I predict a lot of crying from you guys after reading this interview , deny it all you want but you will cry .... I will too :(

Prescription drugs can be really fucking addictive. I used to take sleeping pills, it gives you a very intense high and when it stops you want more. I was not addicted but if I had a longer prescription time I could have definitely been.

No I didn't burst into tears the min I saw this :lol: never got an RS issue before but I am not going to rest till I get this one. Finally we get to hear his side of the story :)

Guys. GUYS. It JUST occurred to me that there was more to this covershoot :P I know that was obvious and implied, but there are more pictures and it's just been so long.... :'(

"In an exclusive interview in the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone, Billie Joe Armstrong opens up about his years of alcohol and prescription drug abuse and his road back from his onstage meltdown at the iHeartRadio festival in Las Vegas last September.

"I couldn't predict where I was going to end up at the end of the night," he tells Rolling Stone senior writer David Fricke. "I'd wake up in a strange house on a couch. I wouldn't remember how. It was a complete blackout." He finally confronted his problem after the Vegas radio festival, where the frontman smashed his guitar onstage and shouted, "I'm not fucking Justin Bieber, you motherfuckers." Armstrong's recovery sidetracked promotion of Green Day's album trilogy ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tré!, and the group was forced to postpone tour dates.

"I remember tiny things," Armstrong says of the Vegas incident. "The next morning, I woke up. I asked [my wife] Adrienne, "How bad was it?" She said, "It's bad." I called my manager. He said, "You're getting on a plane, going back to Oakland and going into rehab immediately."

Add to OP

Really looking forward to reading this but dreading it at the same time. I have a feeling it was more serious than I thought. Glad he's on the road to recovery though.

Guys. GUYS. It JUST occurred to me that there was more to this covershoot :P I know that was obvious and implied, but there are more pictures and it's just been so long.... :'(

you've got the scans?!

Prescription drugs can be really fucking addictive, I used to take sleeping pills it gives you a very intense high and when it stops you want more.

Yeah not to mention if it was pain killers... that addiction is the same as herion i was hooked on both at one point and its very hard to kick physically

OMG so many people looking at this thread at the same time. I'm just gonna go to sleep and read the scans tomorrow. I heard the quote 'I thought everyone was in on the joke, but I WAS the joke' and got very impatient to read what that's about. Also I saw a small scan of the cover.

you've got the scans?!

I think she just meant that the cover photo was obviously not the only picture taken that day - there should be others.

I actually correctly guessed that it was a mix of alcohol and pills, but definitely not the details. The most surprising part to me is that it was YEARS and not just months. Very glad he's clean now, and hope that he can stay that way.

And DAMN that cover photo! It's like "lol look I'm 41, fuck the logic", ah so great.

i sometimes forget he is 41 :P

Archived