Billie Joe on the cover of Rolling Stone "The Road Back From Hell"

Sanity Loan

I thought about that too. Just take the first line "3 AM, I'm drunk again"..well the whole song show exactly that what he described in the interview.

I think I really should start analyzing Billie lyrics Oo Seems like they're showing how he's feeling pretty detailed.

Plenty of references to substance abuse (particularly alcoholism) in Nimrod too -- "All the time/New Year's Resolutions/How soon that we forget...salud!"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this is true, but I don't like people having a wrong image of Billie. People lately think of him as a worthless drug-addicted alcoholic, and he's really so much more than that!

Not many people I've talked to really think of Billie that way, and I'm grateful! You're right about him being so much more than what has showed up in the media. He's my favorite person in the world and my respect for him knows no bounds. This is because he's real. He puts his heart right out there and doesn't bother with covering up with superficial shit like other celebrities do. Sure we don't know everything about him, but what we do know is genuine and that's getting pretty rare nowadays. Besides, almost everything he does proves that he's a truly good person. Yes, he has flaws like anyone else, but he does his best to deal with those flaws and doesn't hide from them. I think that he's actually a pretty good role model. This time for him was more of a triumph than anything else. He tripped over and then came out on top.

Not many people I've talked to really think of Billie that way, and I'm grateful! You're right about him being so much more than what has showed up in the media. He's my favorite person in the world and my respect for him knows no bounds. This is because he's real. He puts his heart right out there and doesn't bother with covering up with superficial shit like other celebrities do. Sure we don't know everything about him, but what we do know is genuine and that's getting pretty rare nowadays. Besides, almost everything he does proves that he's a truly good person. Yes, he has flaws like anyone else, but he does his best to deal with those flaws and doesn't hide from them. I think that he's actually a pretty good role model. This time for him was more of a triumph than anything else. He tripped over and then came out on top.

It's a shame that for many parents, his substance abuse and language invalidates all of the other life lessons that can be learned only from an amazing guy like Billie.

Unfortunately, that's the way it is with most stars. You have die-hard fans, "fans", misinformed people who don't care either way, and a vocal minority (sometimes majority) that hates the individual/group for illogical reasons. I love Bono, and I hate it when people demonize him for moving some of U2's business operations out of Ireland, even though he's a world renowned philanthropist and advocate for racial and economic equality in Africa and elsewhere.

Don't even go there. Just don't.

It's a shame that for many parents, his substance abuse and language invalidates all of the other life lessons that can be learned only from an amazing guy like Billie.

I know! I think he's one of the most influential people on earth. He's done so much for the world.

I think people hate Bono because he's a douchebag not because he stopped doing business in Ireland...

I think people hate Bono because he's a douchebag not because he stopped doing business in Ireland...

He stopped doing business in Ireland because he's a douchebag :P

Trust me, he ain't too popular over here.

I just used it as an example for how people will jump on any scrap of information to declare to the world that they hate the person.

Probably this have been asked before, but are there any scans around? xD

No not yet

I don't own a scanner and if I took photos on my phone it'd the pretty much the same quality as the ones on IG

So is that new picture of Billie in the car IN the Rolling Stone article? And if so, why has no one taken pictures/scans of THAT yet?

I'm sure someone will beat me to it, but if tomorrow no one has scans, I will scan mine (that is, if I can find it tomorrow!)

I just got my magazine! :dance: Shall I scan it for you all?

Yes, Please, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes, Please, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Alright, I haven't used my scanner in forever... but I'll try! Give me a few minutes and I'll try to post them. :D The article was amazing. Very well-written and descriptive intro. with a Q&A after.

Alright, I haven't used my scanner in forever... but I'll try! Give me a few minutes and I'll try to post them. :D The article was amazing. Very well-written and descriptive intro. with a Q&A after.

Please I want to read it tomorrow at my school

I love you :wub::lol: I really want to read this, I've read great reviews of the article

Omg yes please!!!!! :D

It's scanning, slowly but surely! I'll post it probably in 20 minutes or so!

Hi I'm new! :D anyway I was thinking billies been through some hard times and basically a life changing moment, and songwriters usually get songs from within and billie tends to write whenever he's inspired. So I feel that billie must of wrote some really amazing songs the last few months. Anyone think so to?

Hi I'm new! :D anyway I was thinking billies been through some hard times and basically a life changing moment, and songwriters usually get songs from within and billie tends to write whenever he's inspired. So I feel that billie must of wrote some really amazing songs the last few months. Anyone think so to?

The article says he's already started writing songs again. I'm sure it's therapeutic for him.

Hi! Welcome! Duh! :)

Archived