Billie Joe on the cover of Rolling Stone "The Road Back From Hell"

Sanity Loan

Issue 1178, March 14, 2013

Written By David Fricke

If you have it, can you scan it please? :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Prescription drug abuse" Wat? Didn't see that coming...

We're just all glad you're better Billie

same reaction

Interesting to know that it was his manager that told him to go to rehab. Does "my manager" mean Pat?

same reaction

I can't tell if these are sarcastic or not, because his lyrics are pretty forthcoming with both pill and alcohol imagery.

I'm fucking glad that everything is ok now. And Billie, oh, you want to share this thing with us, I fucking love you man.

I feel kinda bad for wanting to know more since it's Billie's personal problems...

Is it wrong that I want to know?

"48 members, 44 guests, 3 anonymous users"

Holy crap thats a lot ^

​ Anyways, this is amazing news, never would've guessed it was prescription drugs.

God bless you Billie Joe.

Interesting to know that it was his manager that told him to go to rehab. Does "my manager" mean Pat?

That's the line that stuck out for me too. I thought there were rumors of an intervention by family and friends.

I found it interesting that he said he was told "You're getting on a plane, going back to Oakland and going into rehab immediately"

It all sounds like he didn't have much say in it. Then again this is just a snippet from the interview and it really raises more questions than it answers, which is what its supposed to do I guess.

I can't tell if these are sarcastic or not, because his lyrics are pretty forthcoming with both pill and alcohol imagery.

No, being serious. Songs aside, he's had a documented history of alcohol abuse. But, nothing I remember from his past about prescription drug abuse (someone with a better memory correct me if I'm wrong).

that little bit that was on the rolling stone website made me really sad! I just wanna go give Billie a hug now. pretty sure I'll get all emotional after reading the whole article..... :cry:

How strange could these houses have been that he ended up at... they weren't any of OUR houses!

He ended up at Justin Bieber's house, but Patrick Carney swooped in to save the day. It's all good. :happy:

no not sarcastic. I did see it coming but i really glad he's doing better. In a way i'm glad no one said anything until now. This interview looks like its gonna be a dozy, so imagine getting this information before we knew he was going to be okay? talk about stressful

Just read the summary thing.

"How bad was it?" ?!

It was bad, but not THAT bad.

I am glad Billie got the help he needed, but the fact that his manager told him that made it seem like what he did was the worst thing in the world. He goes on a "rant" at nearly every concert. I guess the difference is those are usually scripted, where this was alcohol-inspired.

Glad to see Billie's doing better and opening up about it, even though it's none of our business.

I'm just refreshing this topic all the time and hoping to see the scans. :lol: It's 1AM, should I go to bed? Nooo.....

tumblr_miu1z4JrEc1rqdorwo1_250.gif

I'm so excited!! :runaround::dance::runaround:

the world is spinning round and round out of control again :P cause GREEN DAY ARE BACK!

That's the line that stuck out for me too. I thought there were rumors of an intervention by family and friends.

I found it interesting that he said he was told "You're getting on a plane, going back to Oakland and going into rehab immediately"

It all sounds like he didn't have much say in it. Then again this is just a snippet from the interview and it really raises more questions than it answers, which is what its supposed to do I guess.

True, it does make it sound like he was forced into it. Doesn't matter as long as he's in a good frame of mind and took it seriously.

No, being serious. Songs aside, he's had a documented history of alcohol abuse. But, nothing I remember from his past about prescription drug abuse (someone with a better memory correct me if I'm wrong).

I guess he hasn't discussed it because it was more interesting and relevant in the past to talk about speed or whatever. But you listen to a song like Restless Heart Syndrome or See the Light "I've been wasted, pills and alcohol" and JOS lyrics, and this came as absolutely no shock to me, to the point where I didn't even react or notice that Rolling Stone said it.

There's a short part of the interview up on rollingstone.com. I don't know if this was about that part just letting people know

Sounds very interesting. Will be good to hear his side of the story.

A funny thing to say because Billie's side of the story is, in fact, the only real side of this story. It's a shame we the fans and media have our own versions that can never be squelched.

A funny thing to say because Billie's side of the story is, in fact, the only real side of this story. It's a shame we the fans and media have our own versions that can never be squelched.

And also, it will be good to damper all these "OMG HE WAS DYING/I FELT LIKE DYING BECAUSE BILLY JO..." type things...

I feel great and sad at the same time. It's great that Billie and the band is back, and it's definitely great to see that Billie wants to share this with the fans and other people. But it's sad to think and read about how hard it really was for him. I'm sure this time when the band was on a little hiatus and Billie was seeking substance abuse, has inspired him to write great new songs about his life. This interview will be an important part of Green Day history.

Archived