Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Modest Mouse

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 719 rep

After searching for an MM thread I didn't come up with any results so, here is a thread for those who love Modest Mouse!

For those who haven't heard of this band, Modest Mouse is from Issaquah, Washington and was formed in 1993. Their genre, according to Wikipedia, is indie rock/folk and experimental rock. They have released 5 studio albums. I believe their most known albums are Good News For People Who Love Bad News and We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank, the former being one of my favorite albums along with The Moon & Antarctica :D

They're a great band. You should listen to them. Yes.

Eva

Eva
  • A Void That Thinks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,263 rep

I had never listened until Modest Mouse until last night when I hung out with my friend Damon. We stayed up until four in the morning listening to music. He only showed me one or two of his songs but they sounded really cool! I have it written down to listen to more of their material sometime. 

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • I'm a fake doctor. Don't trust me.

• 15,372 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 9,540 rep
I used to like them for that one song about the food that needed pleasing.

HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade
  • And now for something completely different...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined Feb 15, 2013
  • 2,795 rep

They're a great band. You should listen to them. Yes.

I think it's funny that you're the one who started this thread since you have Pikachu, the electric *mouse* Pokemon, for your profile pic

inthehallwaynow

inthehallwaynow
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,730 posts
  • Joined Sep 22, 2012
  • 4,966 rep

modest mouse is fucking fantastic 

• Sofouska likes this

RevDrFunk

RevDrFunk
  • Grandmaster Tactician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,008 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 1,515 rep

Back when it came out, I listened to "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank" like it was going out of style....and I still pretty much love the album, along with a smattering of songs here and there....like Satellite Skin and Paper Thin Walls.  I love Isaac Brock's vocal style...it's not very technical, but he puts a nice gruff edge on things.

may10

may10
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined Jan 03, 2013
  • 66 rep

My friend likes them so much he got the hot air balloon in  We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank album tattooed on his bicep :P

Malleus

Malleus
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,957 posts
  • Joined Jan 30, 2010
  • 1,506 rep

I've only ever listened to Good News for People Who Love Bad News and The Lonesome Crowded West, but those two albums are fucking awesome.

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,229 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 719 rep

I think it's funny that you're the one who started this thread since you have Pikachu, the electric *mouse* Pokemon, for your profile pic

:lol: coincidence

I've only ever listened to Good News for People Who Love Bad News and The Lonesome Crowded West, but those two albums are fucking awesome.

Both are really really good, indeed!

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,229 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 719 rep

While thinking of Ocean Breathes Salty during class for a while, I thought of my favorite lyric "You missed when time and life shook hands and said goodbye" and remembered the cover of The Moon & Antarctica (for those who don't know that's it):

Spoiler

And taking certain things that I read under consideration, such as the moon and antarctica being used for symbolizing the last pure things, and all the hidden philosophical messages throughout this album, I thought that this hands could symbolize time and life, and since we don't know if they're greeting or saying goodybye, they could either symbolize birth or death. 

I was rather mind blown :P What do you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users