Awesome As Fuck VS Bullet In A Bible

stich

I know alot of fans will pick BIAB but AAF had a WAY better set list and the artwork was much better and some of the effects were better..but i do like the extras and backstage interviews on BIAB ... but overall the reason i like AAF better is the bonus CD ...the track list and the fact that they put CIGARETTES AND VALENTINES!! on AAF

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like either dvds.. the only good thing about them is the Interviews and extras on BIAB

21st Century Breakdown tour had a lot of amazing shows and they picked up a show with a poor setlist to release on dvd.. though AAF CD is pretty good...

I agree with most people here who say BIAB has the better DVD, but AAF has the better CD. I have more songs on my Mp3 player from AAF than I do from the previous one.

I'd go for BIAB since it was directed better. You can notice the cuts and some of the image flips in AAF like that scene in My generation where the band plays their instruments by their left hand. bad editing.

I reckon (from my outsider, Youtube video-watching perspective, never having been to a show), the 21CB tour was far better in various ways, but I thought the DVD let it down. BIAB did what it should have, very effectively, whereas AAF was killed by the editing. For example, why is Burnout yellow? Randomly watching songs through colour filters etc for no reason really spoiled it imo

I love both! but I love the interviews in BIAB, we get to see Green Day being funny behind the scenes of a concert kind of thing, I love the interviews with the fans!

• 1 year later...

^ Oh god, I'm old.

Bullet in a Bible was just really special, like American Idiot. The only thing I didn't like was that they took out some of the best songs, which were these: Knowledge, She, Maria, Homecoming and We are the Champions.

I believe they cut Jaded as well. The editing is painfully obvious at the end of Brainstew....you think they would have left it in for the sake of being a single.

I'm sure it's on the internet somewhere, but I've always wondered how much live footage Sam managed to edit out.

AAF left me feeling unimpressed after watching - i think i saw it once and never did again (as opposed to always being up for BIAB despite its release 9 years ago)

I prefer BIAB - it's just got more energy. I love AAF, of course (Cigarettes & Valentines alone is amazing), but BIAB just feels stronger.

Bullet in a Bible, by a country mile.

I'm a terrible fan because I haven't seen either DVD.

AAF I can understand (well, I've not seen it either!) but BIAB?! Get it. Watch it. ASAP! In my opinion, it may well be the best thing they've ever put out. (The DVD, that is. The CD is just a bog standard live CD)

BIAB is one of the best concert films ever produced.

However, the one thing I don't like about it is that towards the end of the concert you can hear some auto tuning. I personal like to hear the transition in an artists voice during a concert. There is no singer in the world that can go for 2 1/2+ hours with their voice sounding exactly the same in the beginning and the end.

In AAF there were some songs that he actually sounded pretty shitty on. I think I would have preferred a happy medium.

If I want to feel like I'm experiencing a concert AAF wins

If I want to watch a movie BIAB

To be honest I think both are quite dissapointing. Bullet has that epic take on the world feel, let down by the track list In my opinion, And to be honest I don't like the documentary bits placed in between the songs. Awesome as Fuck has a much better choice of songs but the editing is awful and the mixing is pretty shit.

Bullet in a Bible, by a country mile.

AAF I can understand (well, I've not seen it either!)

I don't think you're qualified to make that statement :P. But even if you don't want to watch it you should watch the first 20 seconds, amuses me anyway :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-XisZ1TfeY

If I want to feel like I'm experiencing a concert AAF wins

Yeah it does give that feeling! I don't really like the ridiculous amount of cutting around etc but there's something about it that gives you a taste of that crazy concert experience. Would've preferred if they hadn't cut so many key songs from the experience (including pretty much all the really fun ones where they do stuff other than just play the song, and even the one they kept, EJN, isn't a good representation of how it was usually performed) but I do enjoy watching it for that aspect.

Yeah it does give that feeling! I don't really like the ridiculous amount of cutting around etc but there's something about it that gives you a taste of that crazy concert experience. Would've preferred if they hadn't cut so many key songs from the experience (including pretty much all the really fun ones where they do stuff other than just play the song, and even the one they kept, EJN, isn't a good representation of how it was usually performed) but I do enjoy watching it for that aspect.

I never said a complete concert setting lol

But it's more so than BIAB as there's no cuts of them talking and such between each song

I never said a complete concert setting lol

But it's more so than BIAB as there's no cuts of them talking and such between each song

Yeah just adding that complaint haha. Definitely, with no long breaks and the way it's shot as well it kind of carries you along like you're really watching a concert.

All that it comes down to iis that BIAB is for mainstream fans, AAF is for hardcore fans. I am very partial to AFF, especially since I was at the concert that 21 Guns was recorded at. I only wish they had included Only of You, which they played that night.

AAF just had a terrible crowd. I understand that that's just how any show goes over there, and they probably wanted a quieter crowd for sound purposes, but it really killed the vibe.
There was nothing really stellar about it.

All that it comes down to iis that BIAB is for mainstream fans, AAF is for hardcore fans. I am very partial to AFF, especially since I was at the concert that 21 Guns was recorded at. I only wish they had included Only of You, which they played that night.

I think the BIAB DVD is way better than the AAF DVD, but the AAF CD is way better than the BIAB CD, and most people who've seen/heard both seem to have that opinion. Only reason BIAB is more "mainstream" is that there's a lot more to the DVD (it's a full on documentary/interview as well as a concert) and Green Day were extremely popular and much better promoted at that time.

I love the fact that I was at the show 21st Century Breakdown was recorded for the AAF CD as well, makes it very enjoyable to listen to :D. But the whole thing is great anyway, the really captured the energy of that tour.

As many have said, I prefer AAF for the music, and BIAB for the film. I love AAF. I listen to it fairly often, and it always puts me in such a good mood. I love its setlist.

I don't even own AAF and I haven't watched and/or listened to BIAB in ages. Usually I'd just rather hear the album versions, and if I wanna hear them live in listen to one of the bootlegs I have of earlier shows. :P

Archived