Awesome As Fuck VS Bullet In A Bible

stich

I like Bullet In A Bible better, there's more backstage stuff and they didn't even play King For A Day in Awesome As Fuck. I like both of them, though.

Yeah, without King for a Day I feel like something's missing! :lol:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullet. It's more..intense and personal, even if the setlist is all too typical. Awesome as Fuck bores me.

I prefer BIAB. Just wish they showed the entire concert.

I hope we get a live thing for the trilogy at some point... or even a Foxboro Hot Tubs live DVD.

e24617.gife24617.gif

I like Milton Keynes a lot more than the arena in Japan for a concert setting. Backstage stuff in BIAB gets a little old after the first time though, so AAF wins there. I'd give the nod to BIAB just because I think the music is a little bit better. Love Hitchin a Ride, Longview, and Minority on that. 3 or 4 seconds into Minority when they show the view of Billie, Mike, and Jason from the right of the stage, that's one of my favorite screenshots of Green Day.

'Bullet in a Bible' every single time, It was my first Green Day and 1st rock concert i went to, and to be honest if i hadn't gone to that and 'Bullet in a Bible' then i'm not sure i would have been a big Green Day fan at that point, American Idiot played a big part and that was the album that got me into Green Day, but having that show so close to me and being their was really incredible! Both that show and DVD really really really got me into Green Day, it just blew my mind how insane it was! But AAF is awesome too and i still love it! :D

Bullet in a Bible. It's not that I didn't like the AAF performance, but put up back to back with BIAB, it just seems that Bullet had way more energy.

I prefer Awesome As Fuck because this dvd has more old songs of Green Day like Burnout, She, When I Come Around, Geek Stink Breath and Welcome To Paradise.

BIAB has so much raw emotion and is also a very emotional experience. Documentary Green Day's biggest show to date, it blow away the small arena in AAF. AAF shows a good concert, but BIAB has so much emotion in it and it shows how truly great performers Green Day is. Each song has a memorable performance.

The only think that don't like me of AAF is the Japanese public, this public is very quiet. The public english that appears in Bullet In A Bible is much better.

BIAB was so fantastically directed and really captured the energy that comes with a Green Day concert. You can tell watching it that something very special had taken place.

As for AAF, the thing Billie Joe says at the start cracks me up every time.

Awesome as fuck- I like the variety of the album and dvd, whereas BIAB is just the typical 2005 show. They're just playing American Idiot. Awesome as fuck is pretty much better, although when we're talking about the CDs, I like that BIAB is one show, I don't like that AaF is a bunch of different shows

I prefer BIAB. When It came out I watched it everyday and only watched AAF couple of times. I guess it was because I was such a fangirl during the AI era but when I became older I mellowed down quite a bit.

But I think 21CB tour was better than AI tour.

I've yet to buy aaf DVD so I can't compare DVD wise, so biab wins on that account, all the behind the scenes banter, so many quotes :wub:

Music wise aaf wins hands down! I love the setlist. Idk billies voice sounds strange in biab?? Plus if you miss the setlist staples from aaf just listen to biab! I do like biab version of good riddance though :3

I would say I prefer the production value of BIAB. It just looks better to me. I feel like more time was spent editing that dvd than AAF. I do know that they recorded all of the performances from the 21CB tour so I understand why it's production could be a little less than recording one show like they did for BIAB.

I like the track listing more on AAF

However, the fact i was at the BIAB show, just pushes it over the edge because of nostalgia factors. Plus it was when the American Idiot songs sounded raw and the band were still getting used to playing them live.

I like BIAB better. I like the interviews/backstage footage more than AAF (which contain some off Green Day's greatest quotes in my opinion). To be honest, I was a bit disappointed by AAF when I first watched it. It's of course nice to see footage of Green Day live, but I guess I had my expectations set high after seeing Bullet in a Bible.

Definitely I would choose BIAB. Cmon, guys. BIAB was recorded in England, where the motherfuckers scream until they run out of voice, or die. The japanese guys don't sing even a little - you can check it out in the original concerts recorded from the public in the AAF show. They DO NOT SING.

Bullet In A Bible, by far, i think that show it´s what good rock and roll it´s all about

Bullet. It's more..intense and personal, even if the setlist is all too typical. Awesome as Fuck bores me.

You took the words out of my mouth on this one! :P

Archived