Awesome As Fuck VS Bullet In A Bible

stich

I was thinking about these two DVDs while I was watching one after the others;
I speak to me as I said "Wow! I like the old stuff on AAF" and I said again "Great, but the backstage, interview from BIAB is awesome"

so what's your favorite DVDs?

Also explain why to avoid list thread.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to say BIAB because while the old songs were cool in AAF, I felt that Milton Keynes was much better venue to watch them perform than the arena in Japan

Both are great but if i just want to see a live show, i prefer watching aaf.

The backstage stuff is great for fans but not if you just want to hear and "see" the music

For DVD, I prefer Bullet in a Bible. The outdoor setting feels far less claustrophobic than the indoor setting for Awesome as Fuck, and its setlist has more of my favorite songs (though I wish they had kept "Homecoming" in instead of leaving it on the cutting room floor.

I really can't decide for those same reasons. I think the mix on BIAB was fantastic and raw, fitting for that albums tour, and it had fantastic backstage interviews to boot! BUT! AAF had possibly a better setlist with a much more interesting stage set (lighting etc) but it lacked the lovely interviews and, having been held inside, lacked the awe inspiring volume of BIAB.

I guess I'll go with Bullet.

definitely bullet. i feel it's more interesting to watch backstage and what they do before,during and after the Milton Keynes show.

I like Bullet In A Bible better, there's more backstage stuff and they didn't even play King For A Day in Awesome As Fuck. I like both of them, though.

Concert wise I'd have to go for AAF, but BIAB had all of this extra stuff in it, behind the scenes, gags, interviews and Tony singing American Idiot too early.

I prefer BIAB. Just wish they showed the entire concert.

I hope we get a live thing for the trilogy at some point... or even a Foxboro Hot Tubs live DVD.

AAF the interviews and bts in BIAB just throws it off to me that should been like a seperate thing or least have the option of watching the show seperately

I think I'm going to pick Awesome as Fuck. I love the live performances in Bullet in a Bible but the interviews and backstage footage being placed between songs interrupts the flow of the concert to me. I wish they had put all the extra backstage and interview videos at the end of the DVD. That way it'd still be available to watch but it wouldn't interfere with the show.

Plus, I usually enjoy Green Day's older material more than their newer stuff so I like that I get to see some of those songs played live in Awesome as Fuck.

Bullet In A Bible- I love the behind the scenes stuff, and the overall concert is fantastic. AAF is great too because it has alot more of the older stuff, but I overall prefer BIAB.

I prefer Bullet In A Bible, not only for that amazing performance (it was the first time I saw them playing live) but also for all the extra material like the interviews, etc. It's fun, it's magic... I love it.

I prefer Bullet in a Bible because I like the interviews between the songs. I didn't what is a Green Day concert before watching Bullet in Bible. :)

I used to prefer AAF because it was new you know and it had the songs off of 21st CB but now I think BIAB was better because of the rare footage and because I loved when Tre sang the "roll a joint" song :D

That's a really hard question...I'll go with AAF. It feels like a real show

(have never been to one though, but still it makes me feel like I'm there for real!)

Those cuts into backstage in BIAB aren't my favorites, and it really annoys me

that when there are clips of Tre doing crazy stuff, they play quite a long bit of

Basket Case, and immediately after it, the song starts again.

I love both but it seems like on BIAB the connection with the crowd was on a deeper level, it's amazing, and I love the behind the scenes parts, I could listen to them talk for hours without getting bored
And stuff like the "roll the joint" song :D

I prefer AAF, I love its setlist with plenty of old songs, there are no interviews after every song end. BIAB is a good documentary live DVD but the setlist is simply meh. Songs like Jaded, She, Maria, knowledge and homecoming were not included, what a boomer!! On the other hand, AAF has songs like My generation, burnout, when I come around, Geek stink breath, welcome to paradise and she!!

I think Bullet in a Bible is my favorite. I really love Awesome As Fuck too, but BIAB seems to be way more involved with the band personally and I like that about it. I also like the filming style better than AAF. Sam Bayer is a great visual director and I think he should film more of Green Day's live concerts. His music filming just has some special element that no one else seems to be able to capture.

Bullet in a Bible, even though the set-list was nothing special (a live concert is not just about what songs they play), it really showed what the band was all about. I love the interview bits, the energy captured ... Well, the production was obviously better.

As a live audio, I would say AAF! But to watch, BIAB.

I love those shows but i would have to say that i prefer Bullet In A Bible. But, there aren't many Green Day live shows on dvd, that's why i would really like that Green Day released old shows on dvd with bonus and rare footage on it.

Imagine this, the title of this dvd's :

Green Day Live Performances 1994

Green Day Live Performances 1995

Green Day Live Performances 1996

Green Day Live Performances 1997

Green Day Live Performances 1998

Every dvd containing each shows of the year including very rare footage of the band. Which means rare clips, rare interviews, rare footage, backstage footage.

Wow ! That would be soo fucking awesome !

Archived