Song of the Week Calendar. Thanks to everyone who participated

HolidayContradiction

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could someone at least tell my if my Only of You application wasn't good enough? What's up with that?

I see that Abir posted the OP for Rusty James. So...I wonder if they're just late or if we can get a new song to write about. :confused:

letterbomb or PMbomb Lone and Ben telling them to start working with it again. it's their responsibility and as far as I know it's lack of entries for the different songs that is the issue now. (usually only one or no entires for each song so it's difficult to get it going. It is terribly sad to see it die out cause I think quite a few enjoyed it, but I guess that's just life.

letterbomb or PMbomb Lone and Ben telling them to start working with it again. it's their responsibility and as far as I know it's lack of entries for the different songs that is the issue now. (usually only one or no entires for each song so it's difficult to get it going. It is terribly sad to see it die out cause I think quite a few enjoyed it, but I guess that's just life.

I think it's important to keep Song of the Week going because it's important to be talking about the music. I don't think it even needs to be dependent on having a written-up entry to start it off - just pick a song, post a video with no comment, and let people loose on it.

I think it's important to keep Song of the Week going because it's important to be talking about the music. I don't think it even needs to be dependent on having a written-up entry to start it off - just pick a song, post a video with no comment, and let people loose on it.

I think that's a good idea if there are no entries for a song and it actually might encourage people to give it a shot.

I think that's a good idea if there are no entries for a song and it actually might encourage people to give it a shot.

kinda like everyone applying for whatever song they want, as long as it haven't been a SOTW yet this time around, and the ones in charge just pick who gets to post it each week. Sounds pretty good actually. :)

kinda like everyone applying for whatever song they want, as long as it haven't been a SOTW yet this time around, and the ones in charge just pick who gets to post it each week. Sounds pretty good actually. :)

Yeah! I think it would work pretty well! I feel like more people would give it a shot if they were just discussing the song in a topic thread or something. Then if the mods like what they say, they can do a more in depth OP or something.

I am back at helping run this and this time around we want a fresh SOTW up every week, preferably written by one of our community members(whether you're a mod or not doesn't matter). We will not do any changes yet, and are therefore asking for applications for Only of You and Restless Heart Syndrome. If you have already sent an application for any of those, we will consider them along with the others that we get.

If any of you have ideas for how we can improve the SOTW's in a way that will make more people apply and what needs to be so that you're gonna apply, let us know!

Could someone at least tell my if my Only of You application wasn't good enough? What's up with that?

yes it is good enough and will be considered along with the rest of the Only of You applications we get by this Sunday

As we are in the midst of figuring out how to continue with Song of the Week, we are wanting to try out something a little bit different. This time, instead of choosing a specific song that you guys are to apply for, we ask for applications for any song off of an album. We are starting with Nimrod so if you have something to say about any of the songs(except Scattered that's already been featured here) on the album, now is your time! Don't get frustrated if your application doesn't get chosen the first time, because if we like it we might ask you to post it later.

Here is your pick of songs:

• Nice Guys Finish Last
  • Hitchin' a Ride
  • The Grouch
  • Redundant
  • All The Time
  • Worry Rock
  • Platypus (I Hate You)
  • Uptight
  • Last Ride In
  • Jinx
  • Haushinka
  • Walking Alone
  • Reject
  • Take Back
  • King for a Day
  • Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
  • Prosthetic Head

I love this idea. My only problem there are so many great songs to choose from I don't know what to pick! :P

I love this idea. My only problem there are so many great songs to choose from I don't know what to pick! :P

oh if you have the time, there's no one stopping you from writing for them all :P You might wanna s

Who do we send applications in to?

You can send it to me and add Lone and Deathstroke/Ben to the conversation

tart off with whichever song inspires you most though

oh if you have the time, there's no one stopping you from writing for them all :P You might wanna s

:lol: I'll see what I can do this weekend ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to those of you who have kept this alive by sending in applications! As a reward that we've managed to keep it, we want to let you apply to two of the most popular songs and they are

- Minority: we all want to be the minority, right?

- Wake Me Up When September Ends: it is getting close to September, so what song would be better to start it off with?

and please don't be afraid to send in your application cause it's the only way you have a chance at posting the OP! If you don't send one in, we won't chose your application :P

I think you should add the nimrod bsides to the list

if you wanna write an OP for one of the B-side songs, feel free to send us an application :) not sure why I didn't think if adding them before..

You guys still taking applications for Nimrod? even thought it's the night before...

If you want to write for it, feel free to send an application!

the All By Myself SOTW messed with me, it was super funny, and I love the song, but I thought last week was the Nimrod songs? I was looking forward to that! lol, the only reason I didn't write one for it, was because I missed the due date for them. So is there going to be one for it, or did you guys just decide to skip it or something?

the All By Myself SOTW messed with me, it was super funny, and I love the song, but I thought last week was the Nimrod songs? I was looking forward to that! lol, the only reason I didn't write one for it, was because I missed the due date for them. So is there going to be one for it, or did you guys just decide to skip it or something?

Sorry about that! It messed me up too as I've been gone from the internet for about a week while moving and none of us remembered to pick a writer for the Nimrod. If you get the application in to us by the end of the day, we'll do the Nimrod this weekend and put Minority back a couple of weeks. Wake Me Up When September Ends will still be at next week as it's the beginning of September

Archived