Song of the Week Calendar. Thanks to everyone who participated

HolidayContradiction

How exactly does this work? Does a person just bring up a song, and it may be put on a list for upcoming songs? Either way, this is pretty cool.

Pretty much. The list of the next three songs so far is in the first post of this thread and those are the ones you guys can apply for at the moment. If any of you have another song you want to see up there and write an OP for, feel free to mention it in this thread and we will try to add it soon. As for the songs that are already up there, you send your application in to me and Ben/Deathstroke and you will be considered along with the other who has applied

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much. The list of the next three songs so far is in the first post of this thread and those are the ones you guys can apply for at the moment. If any of you have another song you want to see up there and write an OP for, feel free to mention it in this thread and we will try to add it soon. As for the songs that are already up there, you send your application in to me and Ben/Deathstroke and you will be considered along with the other who has applied

Okay, thanks! :)

I'd like to write about "Too Much Too Soon."

If you put the words "Little Girl" after "Viva La Gloria" I'll apply for it. :ninja:

East. Jesus. Nowhere.

That is all. :ninja:

Tempted to try for She..

do it up I tried and I got picked you never know all you can do is apply

Tempted to try for She..

Me too :lol:

Great minds think alike :rolleyes:

do it up I tried and I got picked you never know all you can do is apply

And yours was beautiful Jude :wub:

If you put the words "Little Girl" after "Viva La Gloria" I'll apply for it. :ninja:

East. Jesus. Nowhere.

That is all. :ninja:

They will be up there eventually :P

Sent in my application for She! Really hope I get picked!

Can I see a sample application thing?

I always sit to write one and end up getting confused and time passes and I miss the deadline =/

I always sit to write one and end up getting confused and time passes and I miss the deadline =/

I got too excited and wrote the whole thing but on the first page there is an outline you must follow.. from what I understand you must write the frist full paragraph and then point form notes as to what you will be talking about in the second and third paragraphs.

if we provided a sample application, all the applications we get would end up being the same. What you need to do, is write the first paragraph(look at the earlier SOTW's) which should include charts and other kinds of info about the song. The rest of the applications should be a summary of what you plan to write about song meaning according to the guys in GD and what it means to you. if you have any questions outside of that, feel free to post here or shoot a PM to me or Ben

if we provided a sample application, all the applications we get would end up being the same. What you need to do, is write the first paragraph(look at the earlier SOTW's) which should include charts and other kinds of info about the song. The rest of the applications should be a summary of what you plan to write about song meaning according to the guys in GD and what it means to you. if you have any questions outside of that, feel free to post here or shoot a PM to me or Ben

Alright, thanks~

Oh wow, I'm glad I didn't submit my application yet! I actually wrote out the whole thing and was going to send it in! I didn't realize we have to send in an outline first :lol: I think I'll work on the outline tonight :P

Oh wow, I'm glad I didn't submit my application yet! I actually wrote out the whole thing and was going to send it in! I didn't realize we have to send in an outline first :lol: I think I'll work on the outline tonight :P

well if you want you can send in the whole thing, but we just thought it'd be easier to only send in a paragraph and an outline :)

well if you want you can send in the whole thing, but we just thought it'd be easier to only send in a paragraph and an outline :)

I can send in the outline no problem. Makes no sense to make you guys do more work :P

• 2 weeks later...

I am no longer doing the Song of the Week, so you now have to send the application to Ben/Deathstroke and Lone.

Hope you guys still send in applications so that the SOTW can continue. I know I will :)

Because of a lack of entries for Viva La Gloria, we've extended the deadline for entries to June 2nd. Macy's Day Parade is pushed back by a week as well.

Yay, been waiting for Viva La Gloria for ages! I'll be sure to send something before the deadline :)

I sent for iViva La Gloria! to HolidayContradiction I don't know if he sent it to you :lol:

Sweet! Viva la Gloria is one of my all-time favorite Green Day songs! :D

• 1 month later...

So... SOTW on hold? I could do Only of You over the weekend maybe if you guys need it

So... SOTW on hold? I could do Only of You over the weekend maybe if you guys need it

applications are always needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived