Welcome to Green Day Community
Welcome Green Day fans! Right now you're viewing our site as a guest, which means you don't see or have access to many topics and conversations limited to our registered members. Sign up now to join the largest community of Green Day fans online! After-all, it's free!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Song of the Week Calendar. Thanks to everyone who participated

148 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes! It's back

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm so happy that its back. I missed it so much :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Yay! I loved song of the week! Good to see it back! Maybe I'll be able to do one over spring break. :shifty:

Posted

Yesss :)

Posted

Great to hear it's back!

Posted

Nice !

Posted

Yay! It's back! I love this! :D

Posted

I like this new format! :D

Posted

This makes me happy! Thanks guys :)

Posted

Oh yes! :dance: this is so great and I love that we get to be a part of it! Thanks guys, can't wait!

Posted

i would love love love to write about "she"

Posted

i would love love love to write about "she"

I can't promise it will be up next week, but I'll put it on the list sometime soon

Posted

that's great. I am not in a rush.

Posted

I don't know about you guys, but for SotW, I want every single fucking fact about the song in that post. This is a cool opportunity to learn about every song, one song at a time. The first SotW posts from long ago, they really sucked. They didn't have anything interesting about them, they were missing info, and they just sucked. I'm just worried with different people writing for different songs, that there will be no standard. There could be an older fan that does an excellent post with tons of facts and meaning, or a newer fan that doesn't know their facts, doesn't think deep into the meaning, or just leaves stuff out. Or the other way around. I think it should be just 1-3 people writing posts for every song.

Posted

I don't know about you guys, but for SotW, I want every single fucking fact about the song in that post. This is a cool opportunity to learn about every song, one song at a time. The first SotW posts from long ago, they really sucked. They didn't have anything interesting about them, they were missing info, and they just sucked. I'm just worried with different people writing for different songs, that there will be no standard. There could be an older fan that does an excellent post with tons of facts and meaning, or a newer fan that doesn't know their facts, doesn't think deep into the meaning, or just leaves stuff out. Or the other way around. I think it should be just 1-3 people writing posts for every song.

Well then, when one person posts the OP and you feel like something is missing, you can have the joy of posting anything you feel they may have missed, underneath.

1 person likes this

Posted

You know that is the reason why we ask people to apply. We won't pick people on random, but we will pick someone who seems to know what they are talking about in their application. So if you feel like you have a lot to say about the songs that will be next(Longview or American Eulogy for now), we will love to take your application and if it's great you might get the honor of posting the final OP for the song

Posted

Then apply to write one.

Also, we do screen to make sure people aren't writing "Good Riddance is teh greatest song EVAR kthxbye"...

Posted

Well the standard was pretty well laid out in the opening post and as it has to be submitted to the mods, then I anticipate that any poor reviews should be picked up at that stage. I personally look forward to newer members doing some research and maybe enlightening me on a different interpretation of an older song. I look forward to their fresh ideas. I think GD songs belong to all this community and should not just be limited to 1- 3 people picking them and writing posts for every song.

1 person likes this

Posted

You know that is the reason why we ask people to apply. We won't pick people on random, but we will pick someone who seems to know what they are talking about in their application. So if you feel like you have a lot to say about the songs that will be next(Longview or American Eulogy for now), we will love to take your application and if it's great you might get the honor of posting the final OP for the song

I'll apply, but not for these songs. Thanks for all the replies, everyone else

Posted

I'll apply, but not for these songs. Thanks for all the replies, everyone else

well if you have any songs you want to apply for let us know and we'll add them in the near future :)

Posted

well if you have any songs you want to apply for let us know and we'll add them in the near future :)

Thanks!

(1000 Hours?!?) :lol:

Posted

Oh I like this!!!!!! I will definitely apply to a song at some point :D

Posted

i'd love to write about American Eulogy or longview or any song for that matter

Posted

i'd love to write about American Eulogy or longview or any song for that matter

Awesome. You can send a message to me and Ben where you've written the first paragraph and a live video of the song by Sunday for Longview and the week after that for American Eulogy. Maybe you get to write the whole OP and post it! :)

Thanks!

(1000 Hours?!?) :lol:

Sure, we'll add it soon