The 99 Revolutions Tour

JIGD13

99 to 1!

I like the name. It has a great ring to it. I thought they usually just named the tour of the album that came out. I have a newspaper ad. that says uno dos tre tour.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The X tour could of been really badass.

But then it's just a tour and I doubt people will pay much attention to the name of the tour, they're just excited for a green day tour.

Idk I just hope I get good tickets tomorrow.

The X tour could of been really badass.

But then it's just a tour and I doubt people will pay much attention to the name of the tour, they're just excited for a green day tour.

Idk I just hope I get good tickets tomorrow.

Good Luck and yes a name doesn't make a show

It seems to me like the Record company might benefit from putting their full support behind promoting "99 Revolutions" as a single ASAP, like tomorrow. Given the speech Obama gave today on the urgency regarding the economy, and the focus on the idea of taxing the 1%, it seems like a perfect opportunity for Green Day to capitalize on the current political climate in America.

I'm not too sure about that idea. X-Kid was just released as a single, and they need to let that song ride for a while. I guess they could play 99 on SNL or something else, but it seems better to wait until the Occupy Wall Street movement picks up again in Spring to release it as a single and promote it. It's only been about 5 months since !Uno! - there's plenty of time for more Green Day.

Hi there! Has anyone experienced getting tickets through the Idiot Club? I'm freaking out about tomorrow and was just wondering if it will be sold out on the spot...

And I like the name of the tour too...

I just want latin americn dates.

Fucking Yes, no dates for Latin America yet hope they will be available soon

I think the Sex Drugs & Violence tour would have been cool, but I can imagine it wouldn't help people with strict parents, who had a hard time convincing their parents to go to the initial tour. Personally, 99 Revolutions sounds kind of cool, 99 Revolutions is about change in the system, and in Green Day's case, the Trilogy showed a lot of change, or revolutions, to themselves, and the era . Did I just get all deep there...? Well shit... but nonetheless, it's still Green Day and really idgaf what they name the tour, as long as theyre coming to my city.

I think the Sex Drugs & Violence tour would have been cool, but I can imagine it wouldn't help people with strict parents, who had a hard time convincing their parents to go to the initial tour. Personally, 99 Revolutions sounds kind of cool, 99 Revolutions is about change in the system, and in Green Day's case, the Trilogy showed a lot of change, or revolutions, to themselves, and the era . Did I just get all deep there...? Well shit... but nonetheless, it's still Green Day and really idgaf what they name the tour, as long as theyre coming to my city.

You made me cry

Or maybe they're showing the revolutionary journey of the great Billie Joe from rehab. ;)

You made me cry

In a good or bad way? :P

Hi there! Has anyone experienced getting tickets through the Idiot Club? I'm freaking out about tomorrow and was just wondering if it will be sold out on the spot...

And I like the name of the tour too...

not quite the right topic there xD but they sell out really quick.keep a world clock out so that you know the exact second to refresh the page

Good point! I wonder if they'll open with it?

I would prefer them opening with Nuclear Family/Stop When The Red Lights Flash and ending it with 99 revolutions.It would be good to end the concert with a fast paced song for a change :)

I would prefer them opening with Nuclear Family/Stop When The Red Lights Flash and ending it with 99 revolutions.It would be good to end the concert with a fast paced song for a change :)

In that case...

Opener: Drama Queen

Closer: Macy's Day Parade

Well, if you're a fan who knows anything about the trilogy, it seems a dumb choice. The trilogy was meant to be a step away from the overblown pretentiousness of their "political" phase. Then they go and name the tour after the only political song off the 3 albums?

Sounds to me like Warner see Green Day as most easily being marketed as a "political" band.

To be honest, it's what the guys do best -- politically-rooted concept arena rock that merges classic rock'n'roll vibes with an in-your-face punk attitude. That's Green Day being true to themselves, so props to Warner for finally recognizing THAT at least. That being said, 99 Revs, as great as it plays live, isn't a branding hook that's going to grab attention for the tour. I agree with someone else's post in the GDA comments that calling it the "Wow! That's Loud Tour" would have been a little piece of awesomeness. And yeah, they'd better put THAT one on the setlist or someone's gonna be pissed. :P

If it came down to only having the option of choosing a song name from the trilogy for the tour, I would've personally preferred the "Dirty, Rotten, Bastards Tour" or the "Brutal Love Tour".

The former being the best option out of all of the song names, I'd say

Though 99 Revolutions isn't really a favorite of mine, I think it is a good name for the tour. It fits the band really well. And it is far more exciting than just "Trilogy Tour," haha.

To be perfectly honest, they could name the tour anything and it wouldn't make a difference to me. I just want to go see them on tour; I don't see why the name of the tour matters so much as to get upset over it!

In that case...

Opener: Drama Queen

Closer: Macy's Day Parade

what?

This is a cool name. 'Nuff said.

It can't get cooler than this xD

Archived