The 99 Revolutions Tour

JIGD13

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty wack name for the tour, but who cares.

Pretty bummed I won't be attending the first leg of the tour. First time since the Pop Punk Disaster tour I'm missing the first leg, but hopefully they do their usual 2nd leg of the US.

Pumped to see the new setlist and classic times where GDC's post what songs just played, always a good time.

Green Day is back.

It sounds weird in my mouth. You can't say it very fast, kind of have to spell it out.

It's a bit of an odd choice, but it's just a name.

Is this the first time they've had a name for their tour? I don't recall any other tour having a name other than the -designated album- tour.

But really, why does the name even matter like its always gonna be the Trilogy Tour to me and it literally has no outcome on the tour other than what the posters & tickets will look like. Be happy that there's even a tour to name.

It's just a Tour name..why is everyone bitching about it? I hate it, I just hate some parts of the green day fan community. We are the fans of a great band. They play since over 20 years and we're still bitching. We should be happy that they're still together. They made 3 records for us..and the community wines about some unreleased songs. They still make real music and we're flaming them 'cause it's "no punk" anyomore. We should be happy that we're fucking able to listen to these gods of music.

Infact, I don't give a fuck about a Tour name, as long as the tour amazing. That's what we need to care about..the band and the music. Not some stupid names or the genres. Just the fact that we got 3 man who are having fun at rocking the shit out of everybody, should make us proud idiots.

Since I started beeing all day long on this forum, everyone says something bad about the bad we used to love. I know that we can't love everything, but we're not supposed to hate the shit out of them.

I don't mean a special person, I'm just talking about the whole community. Sure, we have a lot of cool people in the fan base, but this "we hate everything what our favourite band does" thing is just too much for me. I tried to ignore it, but this thread just made it even worse so I needed to talk about it.

I don't think anyone will care about this post.

It's just a Tour name..why is everyone bitching about it? I hate it, I just hate some parts of the green day fan community. We are the fans of a great band. They play since over 20 years and we're still bitching. We should be happy that they're still together. They made 3 records for us..and the community wines about some unreleased songs. They still make real music and we're flaming them 'cause it's "no punk" anyomore. We should be happy that we're fucking able to listen to these gods of music.

Infact, I don't give a fuck about a Tour name, as long as the tour amazing. That's what we need to care about..the band and the music. Not some stupid names or the genres. Just the fact that we got 3 man who are having fun at rocking the shit out of everybody, should make us proud idiots.

Since I started beeing all day long on this forum, everyone says something bad about the bad we used to love. I know that we can't love everything, but we're not supposed to hate the shit out of them.

I don't mean a special person, I'm just talking about the whole community. Sure, we have a lot of cool people in the fan base, but this "we hate everything what our favourite band does" thing is just too much for me. I tried to ignore it, but this thread just made it even worse so I needed to talk about it.

i haven't seen a single person on this forum who legitimately hated everything the band does. we all love them and we all love to criticise them. we should be able to.

As opposed to other song titles, it does sound very cool. Can you imagine something like, Makeout Party tour?

i haven't seen a single person on this forum who legitimately hated everything the band does. we all love them and we all love to criticise them. we should be able to.

people criticise when they care. when they go silent it's because they've left

Should have been called the "I got 99 problems but a successful album ain't one" tour.

HA.

It's just irritating that they picked possibly the most out of place song on the Trilogy to represent it. That's pretty much it.

But yeah, I might have unintentionally caused a shitstorm :P

So. Wait a minute. When Matt posted about this tour's title in the main news part of gda about 45 minutes ago or so, he said there would be an idiot club presale at 9 am PST tomorrow. I'm definitely going to this show, but I don't have an idiot club membership and KROQ is also having a presale starting at 10. And I have the password for it and all that. So does this mean that the idiot club presale is gonna have better tickets or something??? Like, should I not go for the KROQ presale and just get an idiot club membership instead? What do y'all think?

4 words: I. Fucking. Don't. Care.

All I want is to see their asses in Spain soon and go to a Green Day concert for the first time.

And if they called it the "Walk Away Tour" these last few pages would be full of nothing but "OMGWTFBBQ They're splitting up!"

So... what is it that you people want?

And if they called it the "Walk Away Tour" these last few pages would be full of nothing but "OMGWTFBBQ They're splitting up!"

So... what is it that you people want?

God that is so true :lol:

I'm really curious about the setlist. They have so many new songs... I wonder if their sets are even longer now or if they throw some songs out of the set... :ermm: And which songs they're gonna throw out.

Eh, what?

99 Revolutions got 0 promotion. Nada. Not one bit. It hasn't even been released as a single. If you're not a Green Day fan, you probably don't even know it exists.

the campaign and ive heard it on espn sportcenter a couple times.

I like the name, it has power :happy: . But i really don´t care the name i just want that they come to México this time!!! :pinch:

the campaign and ive heard it on espn sportcenter a couple times.

if you even bothered to go see that wank stain of a movie let alone stay for the credits

I just realized... Sex=Uno Drugs=Dos Violence=Tre?

Hmm... I think Dos fits "Sex" better than "Drugs. Even though there are lines like "We used to call it speed but now its crystal meth", Dos still has See you Tonight, F*** Time, Makeout Party, and Nightlife.

if you even bothered to go see that wank stain of a movie let alone stay for the credits

No i havent seen it, but i knew the song was on it. Its still some promotion though

SAME. Upset that I assumed there would be more up north and didn't get tickets. Booked to see Muse instead on that day. :(

Hope to God now that everything's looking official that there'll be more dates!

I'm seeing Muse on June 1st too!

It sounds weird in my mouth. You can't say it very fast, kind of have to spell it out.

It's a bit of an odd choice, but it's just a name.

If it's that much of a word jumble, just call it the 99 Revs Tour.

If it's that much of a word jumble, just call it the 99 Revs Tour.

Yeah but then everyone will just think it's a Hells Angels conference or something.

Archived