The 99 Revolutions Tour

JIGD13

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99 revolutions tour is cool. Other song names would sound good with it E.G Carpe Diem tour, Let yourself GO Tour, The forgotten tour??

But other names would sound shit xD e.g The Amanda tour, The Little boy named train tour, Baby eyes tour :D

They should've called it the Nightlife Tour...

troll-face.png

That would be amazing just so we could watch all the fans shitting their pants in anger.

Eh, what?

99 Revolutions got 0 promotion. Nada. Not one bit. It hasn't even been released as a single. If you're not a Green Day fan, you probably don't even know it exists.

99 Revolutions was on ESPN and X-Games a lot and transitioned NFL games to commercial a lot. Other than that, and The Campaign, nothing else really.

99 Revolutions was on ESPN and X-Games a lot and transitioned NFL games to commercial a lot. Other than that, and The Campaign, nothing else really.

It was even more promoted than ¡Tré!

Since when does being in a shitty forgettable movie count as big promotion? If thats the case, Nice Guys Finish Last and JAR should be two of Green Day's biggest songs.

Calm down, man. My goodness. People are going to have a different opinion that yourself. Accept it. Don't blow off other's opinions just because you don't agree with them.

No, I do like that name too...also the Sex Drugs and Violence tour seems to fit the themes of the album...and it just sounds cool.

I just realized... Sex=Uno Drugs=Dos Violence=Tre?

I just realized... Sex=Uno Drugs=Dos Violence=Tre?

I don't see Tre as violent, just depressing, like shit I fucked up

'hey mom can i go to the sex drugs and violence tour this summer'

Calm down, man. My goodness. People are going to have a different opinion that yourself. Accept it. Don't blow off other's opinions just because you don't agree with them.

where did he even seem uncalm oh my god. he's just disagreeing (and he's irish so)

Eh, where did I get uncalm? Does casual use of swear words instantly mean that I've lost my shit?

He didn't offer an opinion, he stated something, and I refuted it. If responding to a post is enough to gain a warning from a mod, maybe I should keep my opinions out of GD Chat.

'hey mom can i go to the sex drugs and violence tour this summer'

where did he even seem uncalm oh my god. he's just disagreeing (and he's irish so)

Thank you Maddy, glad to see someone is sensible around here :)

I don't get it why they changed the name, esecially when it is written UDT tour on tickets :mellow: But this is Green Day and they have changed many things lately.

if they add more dates to this 99 revolutions tour, im fine with it :D

Maybe 99? :whistle No just kidding :D but I'm totally happy with "99 Revolutions Tour"

I don't get why they're naming the tour after the one political song on the Trilogy.

Ironically, it probably would have made more sense to call it The Oh Love tour, or even The Sex Drugs & Violence tour :ermm:

Well they're probably taking the idea that "music can change the world". So maybe a tour can be revolutionary if it's awesome enough. The names you've suggested are awful in my opinion.

Nobody will not see a tour because the "name of the tour is stupid" - it's a name of a tour with no reflection on the songs played, venues, dates etc. Just a name people! :)

Well, they're not 30 Seconds To Mars, so I doubt that.

or Angels & Airwaves

Nobody will not see a tour because the "name of the tour is stupid" - it's a name of a tour with no reflection on the songs played, venues, dates etc. Just a name people! :)

Actually.. the 99 Revolutions tour is kind of a reflection of a song being played. They're not gonna not play that song on the tour named after it.

Well they're probably taking the idea that "music can change the world". So maybe a tour can be revolutionary if it's awesome enough. The names you've suggested are awful in my opinion.

Shouldn't the name of the tour reflect the albums that the tour is supporting though? Uno, Dos and Tre aren't about being revolutionary, the whole point of them was to get away from "political" songs and make some fun, dirty rock and roll songs instead. Naming the tour after a song that reflects the overall themes of the albums seems better than naming it after the one and only political song on them (giving the false impression that they haven't moved on from American Idiot and 21st CB at all) to me.

Doesn't really matter what it's called as far as going to it is concerned. But it's just a bit lame that they're not brave enough to promote Green Day for what they really are at the moment instead of going the safe route of pretending it's still the American Idiot era. I hope the tour name will be an isolated example of this.

Archived