The 99 Revolutions Tour

JIGD13

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why they're naming the tour after the one political song on the Trilogy.

Ironically, it probably would have made more sense to call it The Oh Love tour, or even The Sex Drugs & Violence tour :ermm:

I don't get why they're naming the tour after the one political song on the Trilogy.

Ironically, it probably would have made more sense to call it the Oh Love tour, or even The Sex Drugs & Violence tour :ermm:

Yeah that name doesn't make much sense but it sounds cool

Yeah that name doesn't make much sense but it sounds cool

Well, if you're a fan who knows anything about the trilogy, it seems a dumb choice. The trilogy was meant to be a step away from the overblown pretentiousness of their "political" phase. Then they go and name the tour after the only political song off the 3 albums?

Sounds to me like Warner see Green Day as most easily being marketed as a "political" band.

I agree that it it doesn't make much sense, but it does sound cool. :P 99 Revolutions is an energetic live song as well so it fits in that respect.

And 99 Revolutions was also a song that got a big promotion on live shows, TV, Movies so I think it's right choise and I think it's also the first tour that hasn't the name of the album they're promoting as name

And 99 Revolutions was also a song that got a big promotion on live shows, TV, Movies so I think it's right choise and I think it's also the first tour that hasn't the name of the album they're promoting as name

Eh, what?

99 Revolutions got 0 promotion. Nada. Not one bit. It hasn't even been released as a single. If you're not a Green Day fan, you probably don't even know it exists.

Well, if you're a fan who knows anything about the trilogy, it seems a dumb choice. The trilogy was meant to be a step away from the overblown pretentiousness of their "political" phase. Then they go and name the tour after the only political song off the 3 albums?

Sounds to me like Warner see Green Day as most easily being marketed as a "political" band.

I concur. It's lame. Plus the whole 99% thing is seen as pretty old now so it's not even a particularly good way of marketing them as a "political" band. Not only does the name not reflect the albums well at all, it sounds out of date. Booo!

Eh, what?

99 Revolutions got 0 promotion. Nada. Not one bit. It hasn't even been released as a single. If you're not a Green Day fan, you probably don't even know it exists.

The Campaign?

They should've called it the Nightlife Tour...

troll-face.png

Or they should call it the Red Lights Flashing Tour since that seems to be a theme in the albums... or the X-Tour.

The Campaign?

Since when does being in a shitty forgettable movie count as big promotion? If thats the case, Nice Guys Finish Last and JAR should be two of Green Day's biggest songs.

The X-tour sounds pretty cool

I know I'm blowing my own trumpet here, but The Sex Drugs & Violence tour would have been a fuckin' bitchin' name for a tour.

No, I do like that name too...also the Sex Drugs and Violence tour seems to fit the themes of the album...and it just sounds cool.

Well, whatever the tour is called, it better come to Seattle or I'm gonna be soooo pissed! :angry If you cancel your shows, Green Day, you need to reschedule them for another date when you're able to. Not completely scrap them! All those fans in those cities were so excited to see you again!

Honestly, I don't really care what they name their tour at all. That doesn't change the fact that they will be amazing to see live again.

Stay The Night Tour, Let Yourself Go Tour, Loss of Control Tour, Wild One Tour, Makeout Party Tour, Wow! That's Loud Tour. If were talking about cool names

Stay The Night Tour, Let Yourself Go Tour, Loss of Control Tour, Wild One Tour, Makeout Party Tour, Wow! That's Loud Tour. If were talking about cool names

LYG Tour is the only decent one out of the lot.

I couldnt give a shit what its called I just need them to get their asses to Ireland pronto

LYG Tour is the only decent one out of the lot.

Bit harsh. They're all better than the one Green Day picked.

Archived