Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Drinks (Non-Alcoholic)

• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,283 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,161 rep

Having fruit trees makes a huge difference, my grandpa has 5 grapefruit trees, the trees aren't very big, but each one produces hundreds of grapefruit every harvest season. Just at the last week of their "fruit bearing" season, after all the low hanging stuff was gone, we picked all the high stuff and got about 10 pitchers of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. I swear to god, don't judge grapefruit juice until you've had this real stuff. Store bought red grapefruit juice is horribly sour, but the stuff we squeezed is sweet with a tart fruitiness. Pure heaven :D

I don't think we have the weather for citrus trees in the UK :lol:
We're better for growing apples.

Virtue

Virtue
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Joined Oct 25, 2012
  • 92 rep

Unrelated,

but Milk.

I don't know why some people don't like it,I've been drinking it out of the womb,and have never went a week without it (As one could guess,My bones are healthy)

It's become such an addiction that it would feel like a hole has opened up in my life without it.

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,778 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,573 rep

Unrelated,

but Milk.

I don't know why some people don't like it,I've been drinking it out of the womb,and have never went a week without it (As one could guess,My bones are healthy)

It's become such an addiction that it would feel like a hole has opened up in my life without it.

Soy milk. <3 I've grown such a love for it. All the yummy, none of the cruelty!

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal

• 15,157 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,023 rep

I can't drink any milk unless it's normal, full fat. Everything else is just gross

November's Storms

November's Storms
  • Welcome to Paradise

• 10,778 posts
  • Joined Feb 09, 2010
  • 4,573 rep

I can't drink any milk unless it's normal, full fat. Everything else is just gross

Initially I thought that too, between about 15 and 18 years old I loved full fat cows milk, the creamier the better. I had 2 friends that were vegan and always invited me to stay over, they'd always make me dinner and breakfast and I had to drink soy milk. Initially I did it just to be polite and I didn't love it that much but over time I grew to really enjoy it. That, combined with what I've learned about how they treat milking cows has swung my opinion the other way completely.

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal

• 15,157 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 5,023 rep

Initially I thought that too, between about 15 and 18 years old I loved full fat cows milk, the creamier the better. I had 2 friends that were vegan and always invited me to stay over, they'd always make me dinner and breakfast and I had to drink soy milk. Initially I did it just to be polite and I didn't love it that much but over time I grew to really enjoy it. That, combined with what I've learned about how they treat milking cows has swung my opinion the other way completely.

I've tried a few different kinds of milk. Almond milk, rice milk, lite milk. I had lite for like a year when I lived with my Nan and I never got used to it. I can stand it if it's in coffee or cereal, something to mask the taste. But if I'm just drinking milk it's gotta be full fat

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Unsuspicious Individual

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,232 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 3,140 rep

I despise milk. It just tastes like a fucked version of water to me. My parents used to make me drink it when I was younger for calcium, and I responded by finding that there's more calcium in chocolate milk than regular milk.... I mean it's fine in baking or whatever, but I prefer cereal dry. Milk is also strange to me because humans are the only organisms that drink the milk of other organisms, and we're also the only organism that drinks it past infancy.

• Comrade likes this

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,830 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,891 rep
Milk is the only thing to drink with curry if you don't want your mouth on fire for the whole curry eating process :lol:
Almond milk is okay, and chocolate soya milk is nice :) going to try and cut down on how much cows milk I consume.
  • Dirntbag likes this

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,176 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 6,048 rep

I've really got into almond milk recently. I love it. The unsweetened stuff, it's great for shakes. Gives a slightly nutty flavour too. 

Stacie Anne

Stacie Anne
  • 13,512 posts
  • Joined Jun 21, 2006
  • 7,817 rep

Milk is the only thing to drink with curry if you don't want your mouth on fire for the whole curry eating process :lol:
Almond milk is okay, and chocolate soya milk is nice :) going to try and cut down on how much cows milk I consume.

oh lord no, a good madras and a glass of water for me :P the only time i need milk is when i have vindaloo, that shit is just a bit too much for me to handle without! i tried soya milk, for about 6 months. i just really couldn't get accustomed to it. even though dairy gives me one hell of a bad stomach i just can't switch to the fake stuff.

Morrissey.

Morrissey.
  • Lonely Starbucks Lover

• 17,667 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 18,933 rep

My sister made me a Nutella milkshake the other day. Absolute genius.

beejeezee

beejeezee
  • Billie Joe's Bitch

• 12,643 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2010
  • 4,861 rep

That, combined with what I've learned about how they treat milking cows has swung my opinion the other way completely.

There's a shit ton of dairy farms where I live and it makes me sad how the cows are living.

Pat1308

Pat1308
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Joined Mar 12, 2014
  • 427 rep

I love ginger ale and root beer. Now root beer is very rare stuff in Japan - you won't find it in stores or markets. Really, the only place where rootbeer can be found in plenty is Okinawa - and that's like, friggin miles away from the mainland. My root beer supply comes from a certain vending machine somewhere in Tokyo - which is perhaps one of the few places in the mainland that sells it. (At least, it's the only place where I can buy Dad's Root Beer along with A&W and Dr. Pepper - the last one of which isn't so rare).

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• 14,017 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,764 rep
Currently on a Dr. Pepper kick.

And I've switched from strawberry Ensure to vanilla, gotta change it up once in a while.

Ste.A

Ste.A
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined Jun 22, 2010
  • 23 rep

Currently on a Dr. Pepper kick.

I didn't try Dr pepper until i was about 18/19 haha because i didn't think id like, now i love it.

Although i do really like dandelion and burdock but i rarely have it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users