Will there be another x-kid video?

Charlie Boston

Today I was at Walmart and there was a radio close, and I heard they played X-Kid, I was like OMG the first time I see a radio playing this song!!!!

Hope it does get a decent video.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that there will be an other video

I'm sure that the video would be awesome :wub:

Maybe they want to add some live performance of the song into the video which they couldn't add until the recent shows as it hadn't been played live prior to these last few shows. There was that competition with Tillys to be in Green Day's next music video so I assume they must have filmed something or at least intended to.

Maybe they're just waiting until the release of Cuatro to get maximum promotion? Or maybe they've just scrapped it all together...

I'm still clinging onto the fact that the X-Kid video on their youtube page is the only music video that doesn't say (Official Music Video) in the title :P

Unfortunately, I believe promotion for the trilogy is over, save for concert appearances. I was in heaven right before Uno came out. It was as if Green Day was appearing on every TV Show, playing in commercials, football games, secret shows, video games, you name it. Uno, Dos and Tre were going to be the biggest thing they've ever done. and then BLAM. rehab and they vanish. The video for Stray Heart got my hopes up, but then....nothing. Hopefully the tour will help album sells, but as far as music videos and tv appearances, the ball was dropped. and now, it seems a little too late. I'm not being un-sensitive about Biliie's situation. He needed help and I'm so happy he got it. But no one can argue that it didn't kill the trilogy.

I like the current video and I am sick of videos showing footage from concerts getting used.

X-Kid is still moving up the Active Rock chart as it just cracked the top 20. It's moving down in the Alternative and Rock charts, so it's done there. So I'd say there is no chance for a video for it, unless it's live.

It's about time for 99 Revolutions or 8th Ave Serenade.

File this under "Grain of Salt"...

My friend just texted me, saying Wanna hear some super secret Green Day news?

Apparently, a very good friend of hers is being considered to "shoot the next Green Day video." She doesn't know what song, and since I'm not sure I'm allowed to, I won't mention the friend's name. But I thought you guys would be interested in knowing that there WILL be at least one more proper music video for the trilogy.

I'm posting here because it didn't seem worthy of a new thread. Maybe it'll be X-Kid, maybe it'll be 99 Revolutions....or something else entirely.

File this under "Grain of Salt"...

My friend just texted me, saying Wanna hear some super secret Green Day news?

Apparently, a very good friend of hers is being considered to "shoot the next Green Day video." She doesn't know what song, and since I'm not sure I'm allowed to, I won't mention the friend's name. But I thought you guys would be interested in knowing that there WILL be at least one more proper music video for the trilogy.

I'm posting here because it didn't seem worthy of a new thread. Maybe it'll be X-Kid, maybe it'll be 99 Revolutions....or something else entirely.

Bumping this up. I just talked to my friend again- the video is apparently going to be for X-Kid. She says it's going to be shot once the band reaches LA (April 18) on the tour.

So I guess we have that announcement to look forward to in a little more than a week?

Bumping this up. I just talked to my friend again- the video is apparently going to be for X-Kid. She says it's going to be shot once the band reaches LA (April 18) on the tour.

So I guess we have that announcement to look forward to in a little more than a week?

That's really interesting. Glad to have someone in the know on here! Thanks for sharing

:runaround:

I just read this on twitter

Green Day Rumors @GreenDayRumors 19m

We’re getting word that the band will record a proper music video for “X-Kid” later this month once the tour reaches LA

so they probably read it here

:runaround:

I just read this on twitter

Green Day Rumors ‏@GreenDayRumors 19m

We’re getting word that the band will record a proper music video for “X-Kid” later this month once the tour reaches LA

so they probably read it here

Haha "getting word." My friend is an uber Green Day fan (although not a GDC'er) so she could have mentioned it to them too?

A proper music video for X-Kid would be wonderful. I do really hope it's true!

So, if this is the X-Kid video, I wonder what it'll be about. And wasn't there that Tilly's contest to be in the next video?

So, if this is the X-Kid video, I wonder what it'll be about. And wasn't there that Tilly's contest to be in the next video?

Yeah there was but it was canceled and probably shelved.

Oh that contest wasn't for the Stray Heart video?

What are the chances that these are just bad rumors with no truth behind them? I think I proper video would get it to be more popularized so I'm really excited

• 2 weeks later...

Any more news on this?

I think if it actually gets fully promoted x-kid could be the trilogy's 21 guns. Green Day needs the promotion at the moment!

I think they should make a real X-Kid video, or maybe for DRB. But I don't understand why they haven't made a 99 Revolutions video? I mean, it's the name of the World Tour.. They haven't been promoted enough for these albums. Everything has been changed since they came out. Postponing concerts, changing names on tour and DVD.

This is great news. To be honest, I loved the video they used for the song in Cuatro, but an official video will be great. Even if it's just a live video; Green Day do great official live videos.

It's also nice to see that promotion for the trilogy hasn't been completely abandoned.

Archived