Will there be another x-kid video?

Charlie Boston

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tre has already been released. So what's there left after all? Maybe something for dvd.

BOBD, Holiday, WMUWSE and JOS were all released after American Idiot (album as well as single) came out, as are most singles any band releases.

I don't get why people keep saying the band won't do any more promotion just because the album has been released. In the UK, after AI debuted at number one then started falling down the chart, following the release of BOBD 3-4 months later it reclaimed the top spot so it's not like releasing singles is pointless just because the album is out. I'm not saying X-Kid going to propel Tre to the top of the charts but a successful single helps album sales whenever it's released.

As for another video, there was that competition with Tilly's for the filming of Green Day's next music video so I'm hoping that's for X-Kid (my favourite song from Tre). Plus the video with the cassette tape is the only 'Music Video' on Green Day's Youtube page that doesn't have the word 'official' in the title so I'm hoping we'll get something else.

TBH I wouldn't mind something in the vain of that preview we got using footage from Cuatro before the release of Tre but with new bits added in. It perfectly captures that nostalgic summery-feel I get when listening to the song (music-wise anyway, I know the lyrics aren't at all summery!)

Compared to Stray Heart or Oh Love. I mean you cant really say its worse than Oh Love, because the Oh Love video was terrible and had absolutely no point to the song. I want to be a director/video editor when I'm older, so the reason I like the video is because it was very well made. I can understand the reason you dont like it because of the concept thats being portrayed. They really tried to show punk as people think it is and that to me isnt what I look at when I listen to the song. But video editing wise, it is very well. Does that make sense?

Opinion.

The song already entered the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart this week at number 40. Next week it will most probably enter the Alternative and Rock songs charts too.

These charts are displayed here every week. This week''s at the bottom of this page http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=alternative&action=display&thread=94623&page=25

I edited Wikipedia with this "notification", but someone needs to develop X-Kid's page more.

The song already entered the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart this week at number 40. Next week it will most probably enter the Alternative and Rock songs charts too.

These charts are displayed here every week. This week''s at the bottom of this page http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=alternative&action=display&thread=94623&page=25

I edited Wikipedia with this "notification", but someone needs to develop X-Kid's page more.

But x kid doesn't come out until tomorrow right? so how can it be charting already? I'm confused

It slowly gains airplay on the radio. These are not sales, as these charts are only the accumulated number of radio plays in US. The Billboard Hot 100 is the sales chart. Usually singles slowly rise in the charts even before the official release, because the label sends promo copies to the DJs. (This is my opinion, I might be wrong though).

I'm sure there will be at least one more video.

It would be silly not to take this huge opportunity to at least try to promote the third album in the trilogy.

If this single/video won't take off, then I think it might be possible it will be the final one they will be releasing for the trilogy.

But I got my fingers crossed for an X-Kid video. The song is awesome.

Opinion.

As I also respect yours.

Also to everyone else, my girlfriend just called me and told me she was listening to X-Kid on the radio. And I know it was cause she put her phone up to the speakers!!!!!!!!

As I also respect yours.

Also to everyone else, my girlfriend just called me and told me she was listening to X-Kid on the radio. And I know it was cause she put her phone up to the speakers!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!! Oh my gosh!!! I though it released on the 22nd?!? This song is gonna blow up

Well, I thought it wasnt released till the 13th, but then I checked online and I read it is supposed to release tomorrow, the 12th. Guess my radio station here gave us it early!!!

Yes!!!! Oh my gosh!!! I though it released on the 22nd?!? This song is gonna blow up

Well, I thought it wasnt released till the 13th, but then I checked online and I read it is supposed to release tomorrow, the 12th. Guess my radio station here gave us it early!!!

So happy!!!!:D

Man, schedules these days O_O nothing is ever at the right time I guess. Here is to hoping this song takes off *chases cat with vacuum*

I'm so very hopeful for this song. It deserves to be a hit but this whole trilogy seems doomed :( Here's hoping X-Kid succeeds where the rest of it hasn't.

You can always look at this link to see what radio stations are playing Green Day in the USA, and I see two recently played X-Kid :)

http://www.yes.com/#Green_Day

Uhm..is the single already released? I mean like a official release.

I really fucking hope the play the shit out of X-Kid, 'cause that's what the song and the band deserves.

Man, it makes me kinda sad that some Green Day Fans are like "omg wtf is this shitty trilogy thing, I thought gd is a good band"..nah but enough off-topic stuff.

It's so annoying there's no word from the band regarding anything. They should do some interviews, play some promo shows or make some promotional appearances before the tour starts. This way the whole trilogy won't be just forgotten. It feels like even the band stopped promoting the whole thing. Also, an X-Kid video should be released these days, it would help.

Doubt it. They'll just run the cassette tape on mtv and it'll win a ton of awards for best video lol.

Isn't X-Kid going to have a digital download release? How come it's not in iTunes yet?

You can buy it on itunes just buy it off tre

Not ALL singles are for sale some are just radio release singles

You can buy it on itunes just buy it off tre

Not ALL singles are for sale some are just radio release singles

But it said it'd be released as a Promo-Single and Digital Download like Oh Love, Kill the DJ and Let Yourself Go

But it said it'd be released as a Promo-Single and Digital Download like Oh Love, Kill the DJ and Let Yourself Go

Ahhh guess itunes is behind or Reprise was lying or is slow as hell to submit it to itunes

Ahhh guess itunes is behind or Reprise was lying or is slow as hell to submit it to itunes

I wouldn't doubt it, remember when Stray Heart was released an pulled off the stores?

Archived