Will there be another x-kid video?

Charlie Boston

I think if it actually gets fully promoted x-kid could be the trilogy's 21 guns. Green Day needs the promotion at the moment!

I agree, and the video could be the best thing ever too! For some reason, in my head, the video for X-kid should be similar to the 21st CBD video.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new video makes complete sense.So far they have had only two proper videos-Kill The DJ and Oh Love.I'm not counting those non-singles video and the stray heart(as there is no band in the stray heart video).All albums since dookie have had atleast 4 videos shot.So there is a possibility that they may even make two videos-one for xkid and the other for 99 revolutions

Any more news on this?

Unfortunately, no. I have a mutual friend with someone who was being considered for the directorial position on the video. My friend hasn't mentioned anything to me since that last update, so I'm guessing the guy she knows was not chosen.

One possibility is that this information wasn't ever supposed to be public at all. There's a chance they wanted to do the video shoot quietly, then make an announcement once it near-ready for release.

I hope the radio silence is implication of things getting done behind the scenes, and not the other way around.

I forgot where the article came from (Nylon maybe??) but i remember the writer talking about how Billie was a marketing genious using the Xs as a symbol of the trilogy and writing X-kid as it relates to a large population (generation x) and looks bad ass.. Anyways I hope that that enthusiasm from the writer actually emerges into reality!

The song as a whole is great. It has the over-arching theme of many of Green Day's "hits" of not wanting to grow up and the challenges of having to grow older ( I think it will speak to a lot of people).

I'm just hoping there is a new video soon of any of their songs. It doesn't have to be X-Kid.

I just dont understand why dont they start promoting their albums right from the begining. Tre-X-kid, Brutal love and 99 revoltuions. Uno is done, Dos-Stray heart is the only song that worths promotion. The trilogy wasnt that crazy but it deserves more attention

A new video makes complete sense.So far they have had only two proper videos-Kill The DJ and Oh Love.I'm not counting those non-singles video and the stray heart(as there is no band in the stray heart video).All albums since dookie have had atleast 4 videos shot.So there is a possibility that they may even make two videos-one for xkid and the other for 99 revolutions

Stray Heart is a proper video. Just because the band's in it doesn't mean it isn't. It had a multi-day shoot and everything. Lots of bands have videos where they don't appear.

Also, it would definitely make sense for them to do some TV/music video promotion right now. The American leg of the tour ends tomorrow, then they have almost a month off, going to Europe on May 24. Definitely plenty of time to make the talk show rounds, etc.

If rehab and all of the time off didn't happen, we would have a video by now. I think the band and the label want to make a video, but it's just a matter of when they have the time I do it.

Is anyone actually hearing x-kid on the radio? I haven't heard it so I kinda thought it flopped as a single but then again the radio stations around here are really lame

Is anyone actually hearing x-kid on the radio? I haven't heard it so I kinda thought it flopped as a single but then again the radio stations around here are really lame

I've never heard it on my radio station but I checked their website and it was in the top five singles of March so it's doing good where I live :)

Haven't heard it once on Irish radio, maybe I'm just really unlucky :(

Then again, most radio stations here have the same crappy taste playing the same boring pop/Rnb songs over and over again.... :mad:

I've never heard it on my radio station but I checked their website and it was in the top five singles of March so it's doing good where I live :)

I checked also on KLAQ radio , and yes it was top 5. OMG that's awesome. I'm from El Paso too. However, I really want to listen it myself. for sure I'll go crazy about whenever I listed to it, but lately they only play a lot of other Green Day songs.

I checked also on KLAQ radio , and yes it was top 5. OMG that's awesome. I'm from El Paso too. However, I really want to listen it myself. for sure I'll go crazy about whenever I listed to it, but lately they only play a lot of other Green Day songs.

i rarely hear any Green Day songs on the Q and I've only herd Oh Love like four times. But that awesome that you live here too! :) Were you at the concert?

I think for the video, they'll either shoot it during the tour hiatus in May or not at all. I could be wrong, but it seems like after that the only promo options would be TV appearances or releasing 99 Revs as a single.

i rarely hear any Green Day songs on the Q and I've only herd Oh Love like four times. But that awesome that you live here too! :) Were you at the concert?

Of course! I loved it.

I was at the LA show tonight and I didn't see any cameras or anything during X-Kid, so just for the record that probably rules out the possibility of a video consisting of footage from this particular show. Just puttin' that out there.

Hopefully they release X-Kid officially and do some promotional, then release 99 Revolutions as a mid-summer single.

After seeing Mike's new tattoo. Does it give you any hopes that they make a video for this such of great song?

I kinda hope so. It would be so nice if they make a good video for a nice song.

I hope they make one while in europe! they have all that time before they do another show!

The way they are deaing with it, it makes me wonder if xkid is a single at all.

1.No digital download

2.No video

3.No artwork

Or maybe it's just for occasional airplay

The way they are deaing with it, it makes me wonder if xkid is a single at all.

1.No digital download

2.No video

3.No artwork

Or maybe it's just for occasional airplay

It's a radio single

Archived