Will there be another x-kid video?

Charlie Boston

I hope there will be another! I'd love to see the Green Day boys in another music video!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truth is:

People pass, music stays forever.

That said, I don't think they'll make another X-KID video. This one is speaking for itself.

there wasn't a contest these days where a fan would be chosen to participate for their next music video?

Yes, but it wasn't said clearly it would be an eX-KID video. :ermm:

i said it before and i'm saying it again.. in Green day's YOu tube Official Channel, we can read Official Music Video for any Green Day Video ( who is supposed to be single) exxcept for X-Kid...

It's imposible for it to have been "out long ago" due to the obvious circumstances.

There is certainly still a chance for one, in my mind. Remember that Tilly's contest? It could be for that video, but it just has been pushed back. The band promotion hasn't even started for this album yet, and won't until March. So I think there is still a possibility for anything.

I remember the tillys contest. Do you know how many times I've signed up for that fucking contest? :(

Has anybody even heard this song on the radio? :/ makes me sad because I keep requesting it but the radio station won't play it. I wonder if its popular on any stations. Also its not topping the charts >:( I understand it nearly just came out but its behind some songs it most certainly should not be

I can't seem to find the charts anywhere. Anyone have a link or just tell me what position its at on each chart that its listed on

I can't seem to find the charts anywhere. Anyone have a link or just tell me what position its at on each chart that its listed on

There you go mate ;)

So far X-Kid is at number 30 on the US Mainstream Rock Tracks and 48 on US Rock Songs. That's all for now I guess. It's slowly rising, but the lack of promotion won't make it a no. 1

Thanks LazyPhil for posting that. I didn't know that site until now.

It's now 18th on the Rock charts, 26th on Active Rock, and 41st on Alternative. Step by step...

It's now 18th on the Rock charts, 26th on Active Rock, and 41st on Alternative. Step by step...

That's encouraging seen as the promotion has hardly really started again, there was probably a bit of a surge in interest with the news of Billie's Rolling Stone interview I guess. Gosh I really can't wait to see these guys back on TV and playing live...not long to go!

I haven't heard it on the radio yet :( They do play Let Yourself Go/Oh Love quite often though

they should release a new video............this is one of the biggest chance green day has got to return to mainstream and top the charts . x kid is a good song and has a lot of potential. i hope green day market it well and it gains airplay :shy: .

I don't really listen to the radio, but can someone explain to me exactly how the charts work. What are they indicative of, is it solely airplay or is there some other criteria involved? Also if something is say number twenty on the rock charts what does that mean as far as how often it gets played? Thanks to anyone who can help!

How often does it update?

I have absolutely no idea whatosever

• 3 weeks later...

I would really love so much a REAL video for X-Kid. I mean with the cassette thing I was like WTF in my brain IS THAT FREAKING IT? but I do understand that I couldn't expect too much because at that time Billie was in treatment and all that.

Also I don't understand how come people say it's too late now to promote the albums, singles and videos. Didn't Last of the American Girls video and single were released ALMOST one year later after the release of 21 CB?

Same with American Idiot. If I'm not mistaken was released in the same month than Uno which is September (September 2004 / September 2012) , and next year in March they released Holiday single and Video. Wake Me Up When September Ends was in June and finally Jesus of Suburbia ONE YEAR LATER than American Idiot being released in October 2005.

So no. It's not definitely that very late like some people say. It's not like 2 years have passed. There's still plenty of time to promote , make videos and other stuff.

i swear the X-Kid video was just a show of the contempt Warner seems to have for promoting the trilogy. really, one of the worst jobs for a major band. just a cassette? for the WHOLE THING?

Archived