Will there be another x-kid video?

Charlie Boston

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing is pointing towards it. They got the music up on youtube and the single out for sale a while ago, if there was gonna be a proper video, it would have been out long ago.

For questions like this, post in this thread, don't make new ones.

It's imposible for it to have been "out long ago" due to the obvious circumstances.

There is certainly still a chance for one, in my mind. Remember that Tilly's contest? It could be for that video, but it just has been pushed back. The band promotion hasn't even started for this album yet, and won't until March. So I think there is still a possibility for anything.

I definitely agree with Matt, the odds of us getting a video for it are in our favor. Has the single even been officially released yet? In my experience the song is released as a single a few weeks before the video is. At least, as far as I've noticed.

I think there is going to have to be. They would truly be unwise it they did not. The song is very marketable. Radio friendly, mid to slow tempo, reflective. It's pretty much the standard big rock single these days. Not to mention, the obvious will be on the song's personality in conduction of "the redemption" of Armstrong. Any body think that or is just me? Not to mention though the song is awesome as well!

I think there is going to have to be. They would truly be unwise it they did not. The song is very marketable. Radio friendly, mid to slow tempo, reflective. It's pretty much the standard big rock single these days. Not to mention, the obvious will be on the song's personality in conduction of "the redemption" of Armstrong. Any body think that or is just me? Not to mention though the song is awesome as well!

It wouldn't be the first time the GD's promoters make what we all deem an "unwise" decision in regards to song releases.

Unfortunately I doubt there will be one, simple because we haven't heard anything at all about a video. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think there's going to be anything much else in the way of promotion for the trilogy.

I don't think so, it seems too late now. And it also seems like Green Day's return will be from the tour and just that. Besides, I don't see the point of doing the video of the cassette tape, and then thinking of doing another one, that has more possibilities of being like the Stray Heart video, and I wouldn't like to see another of those :S

Well, the single doesnt get released till what, the 13th? So I would guess they want to promote ¡Tré! still. I certainly hope they create a video for it, only because it has potential to be a good one. Nothing cheesy like Stray Heart. Something that goes deeper. Kind of like a shorter Jesus of Suburbia video.

Well, the single doesnt get released till what, the 13th? So I would guess they want to promote ¡Tré! still. I certainly hope they create a video for it, only because it has potential to be a good one. Nothing cheesy like Stray Heart. Something that goes deeper. Kind of like a shorter Jesus of Suburbia video.

In my opinion, the video for JOS is the worst the band has ever released.

I like the history in the JOS video has but it sucks that is shows the whole punk community as a bunch of posers who just try to look punk.

Anyway I believe they will make a video for a Tre song.Maybe X-Kid or 99 Revolutions or Missing You deserve one.

I am saddened & in agreement with the rational & realistic logic being exercised by you all..... Sigh.... Oh my fizzling hopes.

Is the single even out yet?? I though it came out the 12th?

Exactly. It's very possible that a video will be announced/released once the song is released. It confuses me that so many say "it's too late, I doubt it" when the song isn't even out yet! It also reminds of the same discussion in a different thread about promotion for the trilogy. Do people think that sales don't matter after the charts are released, that the album is removed from the shelves? XD I'd be willing to bet we are going to get at least one more music video from this trilogy. I can't be sure if it's X-Kid or not, but that seems ideal.

I love that video...

Well maybe the casette video was just a way of trying to somehow promote the trilogy while the band couldn't.

The casette is related to the song's aspect of nostalgy, but I think there can be a great video (with plot) for this song if they use the same director they took for Stray Heart. Hands crossed for that!

Is it still being released as a single on the 12th (or whatever date it was) because I haven't heard anything about it in a while?

I don't think there will be and if they do release another one, it'll probably be a live performance of the song or something. That seems to be the main style for the videos from the Trilogy and I think it's kind of lame. I can only handle so many performance vids.

I sure as hell hope so, X-Kid is a great song with a really catchy beat that has the potential for popular radio play, it deserves a video to do it justice.

Compared to Stray Heart or Oh Love. I mean you cant really say its worse than Oh Love, because the Oh Love video was terrible and had absolutely no point to the song. I want to be a director/video editor when I'm older, so the reason I like the video is because it was very well made. I can understand the reason you dont like it because of the concept thats being portrayed. They really tried to show punk as people think it is and that to me isnt what I look at when I listen to the song. But video editing wise, it is very well. Does that make sense?

Compared to Stray Heart or Oh Love. I mean you cant really say its worse than Oh Love, because the Oh Love video was terrible and had absolutely no point to the song. I want to be a director/video editor when I'm older, so the reason I like the video is because it was very well made. I can understand the reason you dont like it because of the concept thats being portrayed. They really tried to show punk as people think it is and that to me isnt what I look at when I listen to the song. But video editing wise, it is very well. Does that make sense?

Well the Oh Love video isn't bad at all if you watch the full uncensored version. The edited one is just that, very edited. The whole atmosphere is lost without them nips! (XD) No but seriously, the full video is much better. I enjoyed Stray Hearts quite a bit as well.

Archived