Green Day's comeback

tdlyon

So...when the fuck is this happening? I was almost positive they were gonna perform on the Grammys this Sunday, but that doesn't look like it's happening unless they make a last minute announcement. Billie's done with his treatment, right? I feel bad for saying this, but it's actually starting to piss me off a bit. I just want to see them back in action again.

I guess just discuss news, speculation, or rumors here. Something is better than nothing.

Pretty sure there is already a section for this. :)

I hope the mods keep this open, I think it's a good idea to have a thread for this...

Anyway, I'm thinking they'll start doing stuff end of this month/early march. Hopefully some TV appearances but I'm pretty sure some secret shows will be involved.

I'm very disappointed with the trilogy. However, it's ridiculous that Green Day weren't nominated for any Grammy's. I mean, compared to all of the steaming pile of vomit that people call "music" now a days, the trilogy is like fucking gold.

Wouldn't say it pisses me off, but it is start to concern me, I mean where is Billie? It would be good for us to have some sort of update, he hasn't been seen in a while, makes me wonder if there's more going on

DONT CALL IT A COME BACK, I'VE BEEN HERE FOR YEARS! ROCKIN MY PEERS AND PUTTING SUCKAS IN FEAR! MAKING THE TEARS RUN DOWN LIKE A MONSOON! LISTEN TO THE BASS GO BOOM!

... is LL cool J still cool. no? okay.

Wouldn't say it pisses me off, but it is start to concern me, I mean where is Billie? It would be good for us to have some sort of update, he hasn't been seen in a while, makes me wonder if there's more going on

Totally agree with you. The first time we understand that he needed time for the rehab but since he wrote on his instagram that he was getting better he quite disappear.

I'm getting worried about that. :/

Totally agree with you. The first time we understand that he needed time for the rehab but since he wrote on his instagram that he was getting better he quite disappear.

I'm getting worried about that. :/

Yeah me too, I'm sure it's fine and he's just taking a bit of a break after rehab and before the tour starts, but some info would be good

I don´t like this. ok, yes maybe he said that he was getting better, but that doesn´t mean that he will come back right after, i think that he wants to make hes "comeback" in big, i mean with a show, a concert. I think they´re gonna start the tour in the finals of march so i think he´s waiting for that. Maybe he wants to avoid the press for now, and he´s getting ready till march gets here. so, yes, i think that he´s gonna wait till the first concert happens to make an appearence, and i think it´s ok, and maybe, just maybe, he will "come back" with a "secret show" before the tour starts.

I'm wondering about it too but you just have to put yourself in his shoes. Billie is probably scared about facing the media and all the questions that will be asked. Come on, don't be pissed off it isn't necessary just be patient and don't be selfish! Trust me I am so eager to just see Green Day on their first interview since iheart. To be honest, I doubt you will even see or hear about them till tour but I could be wrong. I was wondering also why Billie hasn't been on IG lately. Instead of thinking positive or negative maybe he is just spending some time with his kids and wife before he goes away to tour??? WOULDN'T THAT BE SHOCKING?!

I'm wondering about it too but you just have to put yourself in his shoes. Billie is probably scared about facing the media and all the questions that will be asked. Come on, don't be pissed off it isn't necessary just be patient and don't be selfish! Trust me I am so eager to just see Green Day on their first interview since iheart. To be honest, I doubt you will even see or hear about them till tour but I could be wrong. I was wondering also why Billie hasn't been on IG lately. Instead of thinking positive or negative maybe he is just spending some time with his kids and wife before he goes away to tour??? WOULDN'T THAT BE SHOCKING?!

Oh, i miss him on IG too, but i don´t think he needs to post everyday

Guys, it has been a mere four months since iHeart. To my understanding, that is NOT a long time in regard to recovering from an addiction. Billie's absence isn't something to be worried about - its something to be happy about, because that means that he is likely focusing on himself and his family rather than fretting over crazy schedules and dealing with the media. His lack of appearances doesn't mean that he isn't as well as he claims - it means that he is probably trying to make sure that he IS as ready as can be for the tour. That's a very positive thing. Honestly, I'd be worried if he was already out and about again. Him taking a break and chilling out before the start of the tour is a good thing.

It's not gonna happen at this point, unless X-kid somehow... somehow.. salvages it

I did like the trilogy, but in my opinion it might not've been good enough for the Grammys. Honestly though, I DID expect to see SOMETHING from them right around now. Makes me wonder what they're planning.

so i was wrong about moving this to a thread that already pertains to this and exists currently!???

so i was wrong about moving this to a thread that already pertains to this and exists currently!???

no mods have been online. If you got a problem, PM a mod or admin, don't say "this thread shouldn't blablabla".

Oh compared to the other grammy nominations for best rock album, the trilogy would have been a no brainer.

But, unfortunately, only UNO was eligible to contend in this years Grammys (eligibility lasted from October 1st, 2011-September 30th, 2012). Many record companies vote for the best of the best, and the top five get the nomination. Clearly Uno was not voted. If you read the first paragraph of this article, it explains it.

So therefore, hopefully with better promotion of at least TRE, there could be a very good chance at nomination for the 56th Grammy awards.

Archived