American Edit

DookieLukie

never heard about it but I'm gonna give it a try on youtube.
Edit : I need to admit Novacaine Rhapsody is perfect but I don't know about the other ones.

we've had this debate a million times. Yes, some songs resemble other songs and vis a vi. Some people call it stealing, but can you really imagine Billie sitting on youtube, finding cool riffs and turn them into his own just to be a greedy asshole?

I can't.

It wasn't made purely to show that AI used common riffs. It was more of an exercise in creativity than anything else. I actually liked it quite a bit.

This is open? There's another thread (or there was) for this. Personally, I have this in my iTunes and play Dr Who Holiday, Novacaine Rhapsody, and the Homecoming one all the time. It's fun to switch things up

I liked that at one point, when Warner tried to get them taken down, they had a quote from me on their site saying that I thought it was awesome or something like that.

I don't like it because it's mixed with pop music. maybe separately, i could like both, but remix? no, thank you ;)

I really have no clue whats happening when listening to this..?

Yeah, this wasn't made to show how similar Green Days songs were to other songs. Mashups are a common genre of music, this guy just decided to mashup a whole album.

I've heard about this album, but I've never listened to it. Sounds interesting, though. :)

Any thoughts? Yes! I think this is complete rubbish. Awful drum loops and beats that does not even fit the chord changes. Some samples that are not even pitched the right way.

It's ok, could've been a lot worse :') I liked Dr Who on Holiday the most and the Novocaine Rhapsody was pretty awesome too (Queen :wub: ). Was good to finally hear this tho :)

Archived