Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Most Important Musicians and Why

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

ThibautDookie

ThibautDookie
  • Die hard fan of rare interviews and rare pics of Green Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,639 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2012
  • 7,404 rep

I would have to say Kurt Cobain. He inspired a lot of person and his music will stay in history.

• kaylubd likes this

Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider
  • Who-ligan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts
  • Joined Jun 13, 2010
  • 535 rep

Wut. Guy is an absolute fucking moron.

I agree with JackBauer.Ted Nugent is moron and racist.Racism is not cool.Obviously is the culture of idiots like him.

Why? Because you guys don't believe in this politics? Yeah that's a good reason.

And why is he racist? I never heard him say anything racist. Give my proof. 

Besides it's my personal opinion. I didn't question anyone's choices.

frunsi

frunsi
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Joined Feb 06, 2012
  • 349 rep

derrick plourde. probably the best and most influential drummer in punk rock. has had a huge influence on me.

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap

• Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Joined Apr 11, 2009
  • 632 rep

Why? Because you guys don't believe in this politics? Yeah that's a good reason.

And why is he racist? I never heard him say anything racist. Give my proof. 

Besides it's my personal opinion. I didn't question anyone's choices.

His "politics" fit right in line with the hardcore GOP. Do I hate all Republicans? No. Do I hate all people who follow the hardcore GOP opinions? Pretty much yeah. It takes a special kind of complete moron to follow and promote that way of backward thinking. Their racist agenda against Obama is utterly shameful, their gun obsession crass and backward, their idiotic news channel of cretins like Hannity, Megyn Kelly and O'Reilly. Ted Nugent is a poster boy for all of these ideas. Also he's a fucking NRA board member. You want definitive proof someone is a complete moron worthy of no respect? They're an NRA board member.

• Jimmy McNulty, Céadóg and Basic Radio like this

Nemo.

Nemo.
  • All but conform, still wandering on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,070 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 1,831 rep

Tuomas Holopainen. This guy rocks. He composes awesome music and the lyrics he writes are beautiful, sad and very poetic.

StPaul

StPaul
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined Aug 16, 2012
  • 5 rep

All though a lot of people don't really know him I would say Gary Numan is someone who has done lots for music.. He was at the start and pretty much started off electronic music, synth pop, new wave. A few other world class muscians have stated he was a big influence on them. Trent Reznor said he was one of his main influences, Dave Grohl another one, Marlyin Manson...

Will deffinatly say give Numan a listen, he has a huge variety of music.

Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider
  • Who-ligan

• 2,092 posts
  • Joined Jun 13, 2010
  • 535 rep

His "politics" fit right in line with the hardcore GOP. Do I hate all Republicans? No. Do I hate all people who follow the hardcore GOP opinions? Pretty much yeah. It takes a special kind of complete moron to follow and promote that way of backward thinking. Their racist agenda against Obama is utterly shameful, their gun obsession crass and backward, their idiotic news channel of cretins like Hannity, Megyn Kelly and O'Reilly. Ted Nugent is a poster boy for all of these ideas. Also he's a fucking NRA board member. You want definitive proof someone is a complete moron worthy of no respect? They're an NRA board member.

Of course you pull the race card. Yeah because all people that don't like Obama are racist. If you are talking about the majority of Republicans, you're wrong. And if you are then I guess according to you that makes me racist. And so what if Ted likes guns? So do I. I don't believe that law passed on the guns. And just because you don't agree with Republicans doesn't make them morons. So I guess you hate me. That's ok. I'm used to it.

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,808 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,643 rep

The "Ted Nugent is racist" conversation is so froggin' relevant to this thread that it hurts.

• Basic Radio likes this

Guest_The Beatles Are Shite_*

Guest_The Beatles Are Shite_*
  • Joined --
  • 0 rep

The Beatles, because they ruined music.

A song for the lovers

A song for the lovers
  • shut up, Merlin

• 22,294 posts
  • Joined Jul 11, 2007
  • 4,992 rep

Go home, you're drunk
  • Tubbie Head and Basic Radio like this

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,429 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 2,876 rep

Beethoven

• A song for the lovers likes this

musso_kn

musso_kn
  • Just alright

• 3,928 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2012
  • 2,583 rep

Wrong fansite, troll.

Dirty Rotten Bastard

Dirty Rotten Bastard
  • Pizza God

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2012
  • 2,982 rep

Billie Joe-I can't really describe that one just everything...
Paul Westerberg is wonderful. His lyrics are incredible. 

• Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Joined Apr 11, 2009
  • 632 rep

Matt Berninger - vocalist for The National.

First of all, he's got this scratchy, deep voice that I love. Similar to why I love Julian Casablancas. Their range is poor by conventional singer standards, yet they have great voices in my opinion. His lyrics are some of the best I've ever heard. He has a dark sense of humour and self-deprecating style that is in tune with my own personality, and he has this unbelievable skill to write lyrics that are really abstract yet really intimate. Most National songs are about mundane subjects, there are no larger than life characters, they're all about relationships, with other people and his own inner monologue. It's like he's looking at things from his life through a completely different lens than the rest of us. It's just a talent that I find incredible. I think if I could narrow down to one thing what I like about any band, it's their ability to find their own voice. So many bands go through the motions leeching off the back of ideas from others (think every pop-punk band after Green Day), it is something special when you hear someone who is unique.

Minigun

Minigun
  • Alone + Easy Target

• 3,249 posts
  • Joined Nov 04, 2011
  • 1,256 rep

Billie Joe Armstrong - Not so much recently, but him and GD are the reason I decided to be a musician. If it wasn't for them, I'm not sure I'd be playing music, my music at least wouldn't quite be the same. One of the things that really influenced me was some of his early songwriting, where his songs wouldn't even say the title, I do that in my band because of him! He was my biggest idol at 10 years old.

Dave Grohl - One of my true idols. I agree with almost everything he says/does. Foo Fighters are a big influence.

Ian MacKaye - Same thing as Dave Grohl...

Joe Strummer and Mick Jones - Definitely the best songwriting partnership in music history. Fuck Lennon/McCartney and Jagger/Richards, Strummer/Jones is the real deal! One of my biggest songwriting inspirations!

Kurt Cobain - Kurt was a huge influence on me. Once I heard Nevermind, that's when I decided what direction I wanted my band do go in. His lyrics are brilliant too. Listening to Nirvana, I realized that mostly what counts is the music, lyrics are secondary.

Metallica - Another one of my main inspirations for music. They're what got me off my ass and did something with my music. Before that, I figured I'd just write songs and stuff later, but with Metallica I decided to write songs and actually start a band! Plus Cliff Burton was a fucking genius! Metallica's song "Orion" was particularly a really, really big influence to me, it's what inspired me to do some instrumental songs with my band. I still get goosebumps everytime I hear the part of "Orion" from 5:40 to 6:35. Kirk, Lars, James and Jason are fucking awesome too! Robert's cool too, but I'm not a big fan of that era of Metallica. Cliff is another true idol of mine, he's actually probably my biggest idol. I mean, I grew my hair long, I wear a jean jacket and/or a flannel shirt and even grew a fucking mustache so I could be like him!

There's more, but those are the most important I'd say.

Advertising

!

!
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Joined Aug 03, 2012
  • 379 rep
Is this a most important band to me thread or most important to the music industry in general?

Cob

Cob
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,978 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,569 rep

Is this a most important band to me thread or most important to the music industry in general?

Personally. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users