If Green Day ever did the superbowl...

Jean

If it were this superbowl, I guess a possible setlist would be 21st Century Breakdown, American Idiot, Basket Case, Oh Love, 99 Revolutions.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure with the paranoia of avoiding incidents in the aftermath of Janet Jackson's exposed boob of universal cataclysm, there is no fucking way they will ever let Billie "one fucking minute!" Joe Armstrong ever perform a half time show. :P

Although it would be cool, I would think that they wouldn't want a band playing that is known to use a lot of swears. I agree, it would be awesome, I just doubt it will happen anytime soon.

These are why I could never see Green Day doing it. Billie is as predictable as British weather, not something you want for that kind of situation. They have a lot of colourful lyrics to their songs & I think after the iHeart incident, not many people are gunna wanna touch them for big performances where a younger audience is likely. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it to happen & one day it might, but I doubt it will any time soon.

Plus, what kind of Green Day show is it if Billie doesn't swear, strip down or pretend to masturbate?

Also "Billie 'One Fucking Minute' Joe Armstrong" make me choke on my tea :lol:

12-minute medley of the following:

American Idiot

Holiday

21 Guns

Basketcase

Minority

That's exactly what I'd expect, maybe with KYE thrown in. Maybe they'd do a NOLA show and The Saints Are Coming would be on the list, too.

I could see them playing plenty of songs (Beyonce had like 8 this year), especially considering many of them are fast paced and they could easily get creative mixing them up and having them flow together. The AI cast could be in it if the musical's still a thing, and I'd personally love it if they were. Watching some of the videos from the surprise encore for the last show on Broadway, the Last of the American Girls performance, Grammy and Tony award shows, etc, they could easily do some choreography and additional vocals that would only add to the great live show the guys put on. I could see a setlist being something like..

American Idiot
Holiday/Boulevard
Brain Stew or Oh Love
Basket Case
When I Come Around or Longview
21 guns
Wake Me Up When Sept. Ends
Good Riddance

I could see the later half maybe including some different tunes, like KYE, Stay the Night, King for a Day (it's quite theatrical), Welcome to Paradise, Minority, St. Jimmy, 2000 Light Years, etc. And I would love it if they played some of their most obscure and older tracks instead of their biggest hits, even though it would be a huge show and playing their most recognizable hits would make the most sense to do (they have like 10+ I hear on the radio regularly, haha). Also, depending on if/when they perform it, they'll probably have some new material out so they'd likely want to showcase some of that, y'know?

idk, I just know it'd be incredible! ^_^

Green Day absolutely must perform the Super Bowl some day. Preferably within the next few years. They're one of the biggest bands in the world, and while they've gained lots of respect after having so many hits and such staying power the last 2 decades, they're also still young and energetic enough that they're not the "aging rock stars" yet. Plus, Green Day has broad appeal. It doesn't matter if you're a guy or a girl, young or old, a wide range of people love Green Day.

I'm not yet sure on the set list - that would also depend on when they do it and what new songs they may have.

But as much as I love the musical, I don't want the AI cast to be anywhere near Green Day's Super Bowl halftime show. It needs to just be Green Day.

I hope they do so one day soon & I would LOVE to hear Dirty Rotten Bastards at the SuperBowl :happy:

The 5 I'd want them to do:

Stop When The Red Lights Flash

Know Your Enemy

Basket Case

Dirty Rotten Bastards

99 Revolutions

Aome of yall are really making the iheart wayyyy too much big of a deal of it

It's not gonna affect them from getting booked hell ABC would book them in a second for Fallon and ABC are S&P hard balls

They probally will do so

Aome of yall are really making the iheart wayyyy too much big of a deal of it

It's not gonna affect them from getting booked hell ABC would book them in a second for Fallon and ABC are S&P hard balls

They probally will do so

EXACTLY

I'm very surprised Green Day never did the superbowl honestly. Especially during the AI era.

• 6 months later...

Ooooh that would be awesome!! I don't know why I never thought of that... Usually the half-time shows suck, but Green Day would put on a hell of a show.

And, I don't really care what songs they would perform, I would just sit back and keep my fingers crossed for a Billie Joe wardrobe malfunction. Sorry, it had to be said :lol:

Seriously though, it needs to happen! And I don't think the I heart radio, OR his history of using bad language would be an issue. He's sober now, and I truly do think they would behave themselves.

I don't see it happening purely on the fact that Billie doesn't write about going to the club to get wasted and pick up bitches

I don't see it happening purely on the fact that Billie doesn't write about going to the club to get wasted and pick up bitches

well....

Ummm... they did in 2006.

look on youtube.

Or am I just confused?

It was with U2.

They performed in 2006 in the Superdome, which is where the New Orleans Saints play. It was their first home game back after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. As I said in my post back in February they have done a fair amount of performances for the NFL. It's just that none of them have been at the Super Bowl. Now thinking about it, this would be a nice kickoff for the 10/20 anniversaries coming next you. A big way to promote Green Day that people will pay attention to. There's a concept that would work!!!

well....

Just a joke haha

I'm taking a stab at mainstream music that they always seem to have at those shows

They performed in 2006 in the Superdome, which is where the New Orleans Saints play. It was their first home game back after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. As I said in my post back in February they have done a fair amount of performances for the NFL. It's just that none of them have been at the Super Bowl. Now thinking about it, this would be a nice kickoff for the 10/20 anniversaries coming next you. A big way to promote Green Day that people will pay attention to. There's a concept that would work!!!

Ah ok.

Just a joke haha

I'm taking a stab at mainstream music that they always seem to have at those shows

yeah I know haha

• 4 weeks later...

I think they would play these 7.They would he my pick at least.

Welcome to Paradise

Holiday

Blvd. of Broken Dreams

Stay the Night

Waiting

Brutal love

Good Riddance

I would have thought American Idiot, Know Your Enemy, BOBD, Basket Case, Good Riddance. They're probably the most well known singles so it'd make sense for a show like that.

Archived