Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Your favorite way to listen to music?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

What's in a name

What's in a name
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined Jan 20, 2013
  • 43 rep

Other than with your ears of course. Between Vinyl, CDs, Mp3s, cassette tapes and all that other stuff.

I've strongy preferred vinyl for a long time now, just something about it sounds so fuzzy, almost vintage.

Gregorovich

Gregorovich
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined Oct 20, 2012
  • 481 rep

Definitely vinyl. Obviously that isn't a possibility most of the time, so I have all my CDs in Apple Lossless in iTunes. Unfortunately, being Apple Lossless means each album is about 500MB, so I can only fit a few on my iPod, which is a pity because even though it doesn't have the power necessary to get the most out of my Senns, the Apple EQs are really great.

As a rule, I never listen to music under 256kbps. I don't think anybody uses cassettes anymore apart from airhead hipsters; there's nothing they do better than vinyl or CD.

Big Cheese

Big Cheese
  • Tom's Other Lackey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,645 posts
  • Joined Nov 04, 2011
  • 1,453 rep
I listen to pretty much everything you mentioned above. I have cassettes, CD, vinyls, and a few MP3s, though I perfer MP3s the least outta them. And all the MP3s I have are just ripped off CDs, cassettes or vinyls.

desecrator09

desecrator09
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2012
  • 157 rep
Probably via iPhone although my new speakers kick ass so that too haha.

Eva

Eva
  • Rebel Without a Car

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,438 rep

Vinyls, casettes, CDs, iTunes. That's my order of preferred listening. Also, I love just sitting in a room doing nothing and listening to music. That way I get to focus on the songs more than usual, you know? Cause usually I'm reading or doing homework when I get a chance to listen to something. I like being able to listen to an entire album all the way through without having any interruptions.

Definitely vinyl. Obviously that isn't a possibility most of the time, so I have all my CDs in Apple Lossless in iTunes. Unfortunately, being Apple Lossless means each album is about 500MB, so I can only fit a few on my iPod, which is a pity because even though it doesn't have the power necessary to get the most out of my Senns, the Apple EQs are really great.

As a rule, I never listen to music under 256kbps. I don't think anybody uses cassettes anymore apart from airhead hipsters; there's nothing they do better than vinyl or CD.

I like cassettes if the album was originally released on cassette. I like underground punk band or indie bands on cassette. I prefer vinyl though. 

inthehallwaynow

inthehallwaynow
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,848 posts
  • Joined Sep 22, 2012
  • 5,265 rep

POPULAR

stoned

• Billie Hoe is my hero, chewychorizo, Heisenberg and 14 others like this

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,497 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,619 rep
With my ears.

CH₹IS

CH₹IS
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined Apr 12, 2009
  • 159 rep

Directly from my PC blasting out of the Speakers.

Louiejub

Louiejub
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 433 rep

With my face, definately.

In all seriousness though, I honestly don't really care as long as I'm listening to my favorite bands. I need to have a physical copy though, unless it's digital only. I only own CD's however, but I always really liked the way cassette tapes looked, though. :D

• may10 likes this

Malleus

Malleus
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,977 posts
  • Joined Jan 30, 2010
  • 1,515 rep

CDs and vinyl records are definitely my favourite way to listen to music. It's just way nicer than digitally listening to music.

Green Day In Seattle

Green Day In Seattle
  • fuckdatshit

• 3,992 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2012
  • 2,893 rep
I don't have a record player, so I'm limited to a stereo or my laptop or iPod. I generally just listen to music through headphones.

fiercecircus

fiercecircus
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Joined Aug 21, 2011
  • 527 rep

I would love to have a vinyl party with my friends and just sit around listening to records.

But alas i usually listen on headphones at the gym, or in my car (blasting.) Hooray for car singalongs!

• Harry Potter. likes this

BJA TC MD

BJA TC MD
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,371 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2011
  • 734 rep
I mostly listen to music through my iPod, but CD's as well sometimes. Ive always loved that feeling of putting a CD into a player and listening to it that way. Generally, I love CD's because they are are physical objects you had touch and hold, as opposed to a file.

Platypus2000

Platypus2000
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Joined Dec 09, 2012
  • 126 rep

My dad has a huge collection of vinyls in the attic, I hope to one day just sit there and listen to all the old school stuff like Maiden and shit like that. As of now, it's always CD's, (I know people are going to kill me for saying this) but I think CD's have the best quality. I only listen to one cassette tape and that's Offspring's "Smash" :P

• fiercecircus likes this

Nemo.

Nemo.
  • Unterm Tisch... sind die Füße.

• 6,155 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 1,875 rep

I prefer listen to music with my headphones. it gives me the best feeling. :) But i don't download the music, I buy all on CD because Vinyls are too expensive although I have a Vinyl-Player :)

Advertising

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 3,892 rep
In the car, via a CD. There's just something I've always loved about listening to music in the car! I used to hope for long car journeys when I was younger just to sit there and listen to my iPod, looking out the window. :) Now I mainly drive myself around I play CD's, and nothing is better than driving somewhere at night blasting some tunes, and singing along at the top of my voice.

Other than that, my boyfriend's dad has a HUGE collection of cassette tapes that he recorded from the radio charts in the 80's, so whenever we have seshes at his house (all the time) we play those. They're amazing. I've got a few of the songs on my iPod but its just not the same. It sounds wrong for them to be so clear!

LazyPhil

LazyPhil
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Joined Sep 18, 2010
  • 503 rep

I love listening to music when I'm going back home from my friend's place after spending the afternoon smoking pot

TheJesusOfSuburbiaIsALie

TheJesusOfSuburbiaIsALie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,099 posts
  • Joined Aug 14, 2011
  • 1,042 rep

I've never owned a vinyl or heard any song on one, so I'm gonna say CD. I love listening to any CD while sitting on my couch and singing along or while riding in the car and, of course, singing along :D I like listening on my iPod too but my ear hurts if the earplugs are in for a long time so yeah :dry:

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love
  • No, this is Patrick

• 30,642 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,611 rep

My iPod or computer speakers because that's the only way I can listen to music. My ancient boombox is pretty wonky so it won't play CDs most of the time :lol: I should try and find out if my discman still works...

EastCaitlinNowhere

EastCaitlinNowhere
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2012
  • 122 rep

CD's definitely, with a pair of good headphones, it's magical

Sam Smith

Sam Smith
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined Oct 19, 2012
  • 42 rep

hanging over a shark tank upside down with the rope on fire

BAD

ASS

• fiercecircus likes this

Backyard Skulls

Backyard Skulls
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,253 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2009
  • 1,045 rep
I tend to use headphones now seeing as my CD player was broken and had to throw it away. It kept on scratching brand new CDs and making them jump :( I still have my docking station but its kinda gathering dust and only gets used at parties lol.
I always listen to music on the bus though.

insomniax

insomniax
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Joined Jan 01, 2010
  • 291 rep

with headphones in the middle of the night in my room while working on some piece of art.. it's magic.

frunsi

frunsi
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Joined Feb 06, 2012
  • 349 rep

either on vinyl when i'm at home or 320kbps mp3s from my cell phone through my headphones on the way to work/home

Miracless

Miracless
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Joined Jun 01, 2012
  • 222 rep

On CD or via my mobile phone. I'd love to own some vinyls and a player though.

Spider Tre

Spider Tre
  • The Magic Man with the Magic Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2007
  • 317 rep
earphones, whether it's playing out of a CD or my computer

Caractériel

Caractériel
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2010
  • 415 rep

I have Spotify on my phone so I'm happy with that. At home I just use Itunes or Spotify. I haven't bought a CD in years, although I see the appeal of having something physical to own. I collect vinyls too, that's more of an aesthetic thing rather than something to listen to, I don't own a record player unfortunately. I might go on ebay and see if I can get hold of one, I've got tons of vinyl records that are just begging to be played.

whatshername0303

whatshername0303
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Joined Jul 18, 2010
  • 155 rep

I prefer listening to music in mp3 or with cds that I can put my car, my computer or my iPod. :happy: I love to buy cds! I don't have the same feeling when I download something than when I buy a cd. I like to get physical copy of cds of my favorite artists.

missminority182

missminority182
  • You Can't Kill the Me in You

• 8,289 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 1,745 rep

i like digital, since it's quick access. but on the other hand, i love CDs, b/c if my computer were to crash, i'd have most of my playlist on a Cd.. and cds i love b/c they're 90's and i personally like the vibe of cds, though they tend to get ruined easily.... but when i'm with my sister, we listen to vinyl and cassettes on top of cds and digital

Sugaree

Sugaree
  • Jamaican Jerk Sauce

• 7,738 posts
  • Joined Mar 29, 2007
  • 1,692 rep

vinyl and Spotify. I recently got a turntable so my record collection is not that big.

I am addicted to Spotify

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users