Is Gibson ever going to release a Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior Silver Sparkle?

MrNickPeters

I was wondering if Gibson was going to release a Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior Silver Sparkle. Because they did release the TV Yellow dubble cutaway. If they release one I'm definately going to buy it because the white Billie Joe Armstrong signature has been sold out one week before I wanted to order one -.-.

Thanks!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's a signature model, I think Billie painted it himself. I haven't actually ever seen him play with one of his signature guitars except the double cutaway.

I don't think it's a signature model, I think Billie painted it himself. I haven't actually ever seen him play with one of his signature guitars except the double cutaway.

Ahem. The Billie Joe Jr?? The one he always plays live

I was wondering if Gibson was going to release a Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior Silver Sparkle. Because they did release the TV Yellow dubble cutaway. If they release one I'm definately going to buy it because the white Billie Joe Armstrong signature has been sold out one week before I wanted to order one -.-.

Thanks!

I'm sure something like that would be widely publicized, signature guitar releases always are. So be patient.

In future ask questions here :)

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/90051-green-day-qa-thread/

I don't think so , but please I know you're new But these could go On Q&A thread

If he's new, do consider linking him to the thread. He might not know where to find it.

it's definitely a signature model. i'm sure will see it in the next year or so since the DC just came out.

it's got the right type of serial stamping along with the sig.

edit: ohhhh i see what you're saying, it's possible. if we can find a clear shot of the serial number on this guitar i'd be able to give you a definite answer.

greendaycelebratesthela.jpg

Billie only plays vintage guitars. Except for the custom-painted Silver Sparkle Junior and the TV Yellow DC Signature which he used for promotional purposes.

it's definitely a signature model. i'm sure will see it in the next year or so since the DC just came out.

it's got the right type of serial stamping along with the sig.

edit: ohhhh i see what you're saying, it's possible. if we can find a clear shot of the serial number on this guitar i'd be able to give you a definite answer.

greendaycelebratesthela.jpg

thats just his "old" signature Les Paul Junior (ebony). Just the body got painted in that sparkle color.. maybe Hans did it!

Hans also repaired the DC that BJ smashed at the iHeart Radio festival.

The white one he plays is not his signature, the sunburst is not a signature either, it's Floyd, the ebony one he plays has black knobs, if you look closely the signature one has brownish amber knobs and the TV Yellow one, well there's no TV Yellow Billie Joe Junior with a single cutaway.

The white one he plays is not his signature, the sunburst is not a signature either, it's Floyd, the ebony one he plays has black knobs, if you look closely the signature one has brownish amber knobs and the TV Yellow one, well there's no TV Yellow Billie Joe Junior with a single cutaway.

There is a tv hello single cutaway. He used during the back end 21st Century Breakdown Tour

There is a tv hello single cutaway. He used during the back end 21st Century Breakdown Tour

Which is not a signature model. Don't get me wrong, I didn't say there wasn't a TV Yellow one.

I would really like this guitar too. :P I'd like to see it as a signature model but there's got to be a place where you can already buy this guitar. It doesn't really look like something that he painted, but I may be wrong.

He could easily have had his guitar tech paint it or had a guitar shop do it real easy to do strip the orginal paint and paint it to whatever color you want

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/11410/Gibson-Custom-Shop-57-Les-Paul-Junior-Electric-Guitar-Silver-Sparkle---Used/

Here's a link to the guitar.

I don't think Billie decided one day to paint one of his signature guitars. I know he loves those 57 models and probably came upon this one somewhere along the way.

Billie's is not silver all over just on the front the side and back is black

Billie's is not silver all over just on the front the side and back is black

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Leubm_dV9sg

Look at this performance and you can see just about every angle. the final seconds of this even clearly shows the back of it being silver all over. Unless you're just talking about the neck itself.

Just sayin that there IS a Les Paul Jr out there that is sparkle silver...

Look at this performance and you can see just about every angle. the final seconds of this even clearly shows the back of it being silver all over. Unless you're just talking about the neck itself.

Just sayin that there IS a Les Paul Jr out there that is sparkle silver...

I was lookong at the photo of Billie and the guitar that posted in the thread and viewing on the phone the back looked black but after blowing up your right its silver all over (well save for the neck) it's a cool color

So did he buy the 57 model and just get one of his signature necks refitted? Probably a 2012 neck since the tuners aren't together. I wonder what the story is behind this.

Archived