Fan Made Instrumentals - ¡UNO!

Liam

We tried this a few months ago but I wasn't liking the way it was going, mainly because of there was that many songs to do at once, it became too much. After a little break and me getting the downloads section sorted, I've decided to restart it starting with Uno.

The idea is to get members to recreate the tracks but without vocals of course. They are free to do it all themselves, with real life or with the wonderful people of GDC. We are looking at having instrumentals made as close to the original as possible BUT if you want to recreate an instrumental (like doing dookiefied for example) you are welcome to. We only want one recording as close to the original, but as many people can make alternative ones.

The quality doesn't have to be studio quality, but it should be pretty reasonable. Try not to have it mixed from camera audio, at least do a line in on your computer, there's lots of ways and free programs you can use.

If you (and whoever else) are doing a song, please post in the replies with what song and if you're doing it with anyone else and I'll update this OP.

1. Nuclear Family - DatBass
2. Stay The Night - Jon Benjamin

3. Carpe Diem - matteo263

4. Let Yourself Go - Rick567
5. Kill The DJ - Sensei21
6. Fell For You
7. Loss Of Control - Mike_1996
8. Troublemaker - Patrick.
9. Angel Blue
10. Sweet 16
11. Rusty James
12. Oh Love

We don't have a set date for when it needs to be done by, but ideally I'd love to have it done by mid March so we can start Dos ;)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic Idea! I've been wanting to do an instrumental version of one of these songs, I'll do one on each album!

I'd be interested.

I knew you would. Weren't you working on one last time?

Fantastic Idea! I've been wanting to do an instrumental version of one of these songs, I'll do one on each album!

Choose a song and let me know and I'll put your name in the OP next to the song :)

Choose a song and let me know and I'll put your name in the OP next to the song :)

I'm feeling Kill the DJ would be most fun! Instrumental only right? I could attempt vocals, but it would take longer. I work electronically typically so I'll make a fun version hopefully. ;) I'll take Kill the DJ. My display is obvious, but my musical name is Tokyo Wellness Organization (www.facebook.com/pages/Tokyo-Wellness-Organization/538178739540909). I'll have it done a.s.a.p.

I'm feeling Kill the DJ would be most fun! Instrumental only right? I could attempt vocals, but it would take longer. I work electronically typically so I'll make a fun version hopefully. ;) I'll take Kill the DJ. My display is obvious, but my musical name is Tokyo Wellness Organization (www.facebook.com/pages/Tokyo-Wellness-Organization/538178739540909). I'll have it done a.s.a.p.

Nah not doing vocals, you usually get too many complaints with it

Nah not doing vocals, you usually get too many complaints with it

All the better. Bad vocals can ruin a fantastic song. I'll get on it then!

Yeaah, I never got a reply back from that guy after I sent the guitar tracks... :unsure:

I might be interesting in doing Oh Love because I know how to play all the instruments on it, the last half of the solo might be a bit choppy though.

Yeaah, I never got a reply back from that guy after I sent the guitar tracks... :unsure:

I might be interesting in doing Oh Love because I know how to play all the instruments on it, the last half of the solo might be a bit choppy though.

If thats what you definitely want to do I can put your name down for it :)

If thats what you definitely want to do I can put your name down for it :)

Actually, I think I'll do Troublemaker. That solo is fun to play and less boring on the guitar. Haha.

I'd love to do one but not the best musician.

Do we have to be perfect? I can only play guitar. I could do Sweet 16

Here is my current sample of the in progress Kill The DJ. It's much better than yesterdays xD It'll take a few days, I've got some ideas in mind for this one, but I'm still ironing out the basic aspects of it before I start really experimenting.

https://soundcloud.com/tokyowellness/green-day-kill-the-dj-sample-2

I like it. You've got one too many "Someone kill the DJ/Shoot the fucking DJ"s in the chorus though!

I like it. You've got one too many "Someone kill the DJ/Shoot the fucking DJ"s in the chorus though!

I thought so too, I think I put in one too many. Oh well, I'll fix it before it's done. Thanks! ^.^

ill do troublemaker, and attempt the solo :P

Edit: didn't see Patrick had trouble maker. Can I do rusty James?

I could try and do you a bass track to go with it if you want?

Also, could I have Nuclear Family? Pretty pwease? I adore that song so much.

I've got bass on it I just didnt mix with speakers so I was very cautious with it, I'd do another song with you if you want I'm just not good at soloing

Hi everyone! I just recently set up my new studio os this is perfect. I play every instrument and would like to cover LET YOURSELF GO if that's ok :)

Archived