Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Broadway Idiot - American Idiot Show Documentary

• Please log in to reply
451 replies to this topic

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,643 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 11,726 rep

Sky Arts @SkyArts 2h

.@GreenDay's @BJAofficial turns theatre impresario as he takes #AmericanIdiot to Broadway - tonight on @skyarts at 10pm.

IrelandCalling

IrelandCalling
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined Aug 26, 2014
  • 16 rep

I caught it on SkyArts when it was shown a few days ago, and was pleasantly surprised. It was very well done; I thought maybe it would be a tad too much a sycophantic, self aggrandising ego-show ; but Green Day haevn't morphed into Bono/U2 or Jon BonJovi just yet, thankfully. 

I remember the cries of surreality when it was mooted, announced, and then in theatre; a pop punk band, an album more-or-less literate if a bit naive in poltiical stance, and taking that to Broadway. However, it works, and it works bloody well!! The music - especially the uptemop, high octane numbers, worked brilliantly.

It's a well paced realisation of the project, and after viewing, you do come away with a respect, an understanding of the whole deal, and a wish to see it for yourself!

• nothing_wrong_with_me likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users