Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

Broadway Idiot - American Idiot Show Documentary

• Please log in to reply
451 replies to this topic

#451 desertrose

desertrose

Best Thing In Town

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,333 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Sky Arts @SkyArts 2h

.@GreenDay's @BJAofficial turns theatre impresario as he takes #AmericanIdiot to Broadway - tonight on @skyarts at 10pm.

#452 IrelandCalling

IrelandCalling

Welcome to Paradise

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined Aug 26, 2014

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

I caught it on SkyArts when it was shown a few days ago, and was pleasantly surprised. It was very well done; I thought maybe it would be a tad too much a sycophantic, self aggrandising ego-show ; but Green Day haevn't morphed into Bono/U2 or Jon BonJovi just yet, thankfully. 

I remember the cries of surreality when it was mooted, announced, and then in theatre; a pop punk band, an album more-or-less literate if a bit naive in poltiical stance, and taking that to Broadway. However, it works, and it works bloody well!! The music - especially the uptemop, high octane numbers, worked brilliantly.

It's a well paced realisation of the project, and after viewing, you do come away with a respect, an understanding of the whole deal, and a wish to see it for yourself!

• nothing_wrong_with_me likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com