Dirntbag

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks I was planning on going.

I want full details and as many photos as you can manage! :lol:

Have fun! So jealous!!

Who's in the SF area?

Billie Joe Armstrong will be in SAN FRANCISCO - Vogue Theater at 7 PM showing of @BroadwayIdiot!

via twitter

Omg, i hope we get some really good pictures from this!!! :woot:

Lucky the people who's going!

Driving home from seeing Broadway Idiot. It was so amazing I honestly have no idea how to even comprehend what I just saw. If nothing else, seeing the documentary only made me love the band and ,mostly, Billie Joe even more than I already did. Which I honestly didn't even think was possible.

We missed the first 10 minutes or so due to traffic (Ohio State and their homecoming fucked us so hardcore), but I enjoyed what I did see. I'm glad we saw it in a theater (we traveled two to three hours to see it in theaters :lol:) because goddamn, the sound was awesome and it helped make the scenes powerful. I enjoyed Michael's enthusiasm for the project and the band, and Billie is just so awkward and ridiculous, it was sweet to watch his reactions. The cast seemed so fun, too. I thought the ending was awkward (and by "awkward," I mean there wasn't an obvious ending, it just cut to the credits like that); that was probably my biggest complaint.

Oh, and if anyone cares, Billie said "yknow" at least 33 times. :lol:

That’s the brilliance of this upbeat documentary. It makes you pay attention to the lyrics of Green Day’s songs. Armstrong is one humble and down-to-earth musician. He’s a likable soul that is not afraid to tell it like it is. He understands that some criticize his punk band for winning Grammy awards but at the end of the day, he and Green Day earned everything they have achieved in the music industry.

http://www.examiner.com/review/broadway-idiot-documentary-review

Saw it in theaters last night and absolutely loved it! Ended up in tears three times and I have no idea why. There were just some moments/scenes that were so powerful that they just triggered that emotional reaction in me. It was incredibly well done and gave great insight into everything involved with putting on a Broadway show. One of my favorite scenes was when Billie, Michael Mayer, and Tom Kitt were just sitting around the piano talking about music. Tom makes the connection between classic Broadway music and the styke that Billie writes in. It was all just very insightful and amazingly awesome.

Yes it was all very nice. Now let me try and blow all your minds here a little bit:

Did anybody else notice that when they were all sitting around the piano (Billie, Michael and Tom), that Billie was wearing a Trilogy-era coat, complete with X's on? Despite that this was filmed before the trilogy was written? Anybody?

Yes it was all very nice. Now let me try and blow all your minds here a little bit:

Did anybody else notice that when they were all sitting around the piano (Billie, Michael and Tom), that Billie was wearing a Trilogy-era coat, complete with X's on? Despite that this was filmed before the trilogy was written? Anybody?

Yes I noticed that too.. It's so weird, I actually have been thinking about it today and trying to find some explanation, maybe they met last summer again because they wanted to include some more scenes in the film? But he's wearing his trilogy clothes also in the scene where he explains to Michael Mayer who Jesus of suburbia is and that he wishes Whatsername had a name. That's really weird that he would explain it to him in 2012 when Michael obviously knows everything about it already and the musical was done long ago.. But I don't know, it's a little weird.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of it was filmed after the fact, but I assume that about every documentary :lol:

So what exactly is this? Is it another play or a movie or what? [/badfan]

So what exactly is this? Is it another play or a movie or what? [/badfan]

"Broadway Idiot" is a documentary about "Amerian Idiot: The Musical". It shows the start (Oakland) and as it goes on Broadway (also some footage of BJ as St. Jimmy). It mostly shows backstage stuff/the production of the musical.

It's worth watching, if you like Billie Joe and/or the musical :)

So is there a way non North American people can see this yet? I'm out of the loop.

So is there a way non North American people can see this yet? I'm out of the loop.

There is a Link of Download somewhere on Facebook, I let you the research ;)

There is a Link of Download somewhere on Facebook, I let you the research ;)

Ahh I see, thanks. I was wondering if there was an official way of getting it yet, looks like I'll be finding it an unofficial way then :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Totally pre-ordering this! I wasn't expecting it on DVD so soon.

Maybe UK/Europe will get it later? I hope so!

They commented on the Facebook post

Broadway Idiot Unfortunately, it's only available in the US at this time. But plans for international release are in the works!

I hope the international release is soon

I was surprised by how many times I teared up watching this doc. Enjoyed it so much more than Cuatro.

Edit: Let's pretend I made this post in the Your Thoughts thread.

Archived