Broadway Idiot - American Idiot Show Documentary

Dirntbag

Filmed at Jingletown, while waiting around. Did not make it into the movie.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Broadway Idiot Facebook:

So far, we've got shoutouts from England, Mexico (#2 in our facebook followers), Brazil (several), India (several), Hong Kong (that was the editor's Mum), the Philippines, Holland, Narnia (who knew there were Green Day/Broadway musical fans there?), Italy, Wales, Honduras, Portugal, Argentina and we got some spectacular swearing from Germany.

Who else outside of the US/Canada wants to see this?

We're talking to foreign distributors and we're going to send this post to them.

Yay, México!!!! :dance:

• 3 weeks later...

Theater showing dates posted to Idiot Nation today... Can't believe Columbus got a date! :yay:

Billie Joe and Broadway Idiot are coming to YOU this October. See the doc behind the show behind the album.

11-Oct

NY Angelika/VE

15-Oct

St. Louis Tivoli

Indianapolis Keystone

Minneapolis Lagoon

San Diego Hillcrest

Denver Chez Artiste

Atlanta Midtown Art

Detroit Main Art

18-Oct

LA Noho/Royal

Pasadena Playhouse 7

Encino Town Center

Seattle Sundance

Columbus Gateway

Tempe Valley Art

Miami O Cinema

Santa Ana CA South Coast Village

19-Oct

Pelham Picturehouse

20-Oct

Philadelphia The Troc

22-Oct

New Orleans Zeitgeist

24-Oct

Albany Spectrum 8

1-Nov

Chicago Music Box

8-Nov, 9-Nov

Albuquerque Guild

22-Nov

Hartford CT Real Art Ways

Stay tuned for theatrical pre-sale tickets, giveaways, and more!

• 3 weeks later...

Amazon has pre-order for $14.99 for the DVD. It will be released January 28, 2014.

Amazon has pre-order for $14.99 for the DVD. It will be released January 28, 2014.

Aw shucks, it's a digital download only. :(

Aw shucks, it's a digital download only. :(

I thought it was going to be on a DVD too. I was looking forward to having a physical DVD? I'll wait until the end of January then, unless something changes from now until then. Thanks for all of your updated posts. Still :(

I thought it was going to be on a DVD too. I was looking forward to having a physical DVD? I'll wait until the end of January then, unless something changes from now until then. Thanks for all of your updated posts. Still :(

It'll be dvd as well as my screenshot of amazon shows

was hoping to watch this on the big screen :(

I guess ondemand it is!

I keep forgetting I have On Demand cable. Thanks for reminding me! (finally ondemand is worth paying for) I hope I can still afford it come January

It'll be dvd as well as my screenshot of amazon shows

Thank you Tim, I was confused :)

broadway.com @broadwaycom 11h

Exclusive clip! Billie Joe Armstrong on St. Jimmy's journey to the stage in new documentary BROADWAY IDIOT: http://bit.ly/1fMiZID

Exclusive Clip! Billie Joe Armstrong on St. Jimmy's Journey to the Stage in New Documentary Broadway Idiot

Green Day fans are counting down the days until October 11, when New York movie theaters will begin screening the new documentary Broadway Idiot, which chronicles the 2010 musical American Idiot's road to Broadway. The doc’s official wide release and video on demand is October 18, but you don’t have to wait to get a glimpse at the buzzy new film. In Broadway.com’s exclusive clip, watch as Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong and American Idiot director Michael Mayer go in depth about one of the show’s most memorable characters, the devilish St. Jimmy (played by The Voice alum Tony Vincent). The clip is just a taste of the backstage access fans will get in the film, which tells the whole story of the behind-the-scenes journey from Green Day's acclaimed album to Broadway. When Broadway Idiot hits theaters and VOD, we know we’ll be tuning in! Check out the doc's website or pre-order it on iTunes now!

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/172109/exclusive-clip-billie-joe-armstrong-on-st-jimmys-journey-to-the-stage-in-new-documentary-broadway-idiot/

http://www.amazon.com/Broadway-Idiot-Billie-Joe-Armstrong/dp/B00EZB5RTE

Broadway Idiot
Billie Joe Armstrong (Actor), Michael Mayer (Actor), Doug Hamilton (Director) | Format: DVD
  • Format: NTSC, Widescreen
  • Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
  • Number of discs: 1
  • Studio: Virgil Films and Entertainment
  • DVD Release Date: January 28, 2014
  • Run Time: 80 minutes

Crossing my fingers that the DVD has extra bonus footage. At the Q&A at Lincoln Center they mentioned how they literally just let the cameras roll through days and days and weeks worth of footage. I could easily watch all 600 hours of that and waste an entire month watching it.

youtube.com/watch?v=7MhexLgaEsA&feature=player_embedded#t=0

It find it funny the way that play button covers his face.. :lol:

That video made me very, very happy. We haven't really gotten a whole lot in terms of interviews since they came back from the rehab hiatus, so even that little clip was enough to brighten my day. That's the dude I know and love. :happy:

Billie Joe talks passionately about his father, and the song Wake Me Up When September Ends, how the lyrics came to be and the meaning of 7 years and 20 years in the song. Of how September is probably the worst month ever. Throughout the film he tears up anytime it is played or talked about.

oh great, I'm going to be a mess lol.

What a DORK! How precious. :lol::hug:I love how he goes for the cue card once he blanks about the debut date.

:wub:

Archived