Broadway Idiot - American Idiot Show Documentary

Dirntbag

I can't wait for this! I'm so excited! And it will be on the same day as Green Day's debut! How cool is that?! :woot:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

via Broadway Idiot ~~~

"Back in the mix with Greg McCleary dropping in the audio for the new 11-yr-old Billie Joe archive sequence, before mastering the Dolby Surround 5.1 mix. It sounds awesome!"

xQlxukR.jpg

This is pure selfishness speaking but... I kind of hate it when things get a lot of publicity (whether they ask for it or not) and then aren't released to the public. Like, a few months ago we heard that this existed and that the cast got to see it and there was a private screening at a university in Indiana, and although I was really hopeful, that kind of low-key murmuring of the film made me feel like "OK, this isn't going to be released to the public and I just have to accept that." But once you start showing it at festivals and releasing trailers that get picked up by Perez Hilton (I know, that's not Green Day nor the filmmakers' doing), that's when I start to feel entitled and needy and demand a DVD release :P

How the hell did i not know there was a screening in Indiana

Am I the only one is afraid the documentary might be in replacement for American Idiot musical movie? :unsure:

I was really looking foward to that. :lol:

Am I the only one is afraid the documentary might be in replacement for American Idiot musical movie? :unsure:

Am I the only one hoping the documentary might be in replacement for American Idiot musical movie?

I was really not looking forward to that :P

And is it just me or were there parts in the interviews where Billie finally looked like he was... old? Which is funny because he looks younger now then he did then.

It's definitely not. This would've been filming before the film rights for AI had even been optioned.

Am I the only one hoping the documentary might be in replacement for American Idiot musical movie?

I was really not looking forward to that :P

And is it just me or were there parts in the interviews where Billie finally looked like he was... old? Which is funny because he looks younger now then he did then.

They better make that American Idiot movie too, dammit! And have Billie play St. Jimmy in it! :mad:

Are the parts you talking about the parts where he has a beard? Because I think that scruff makes guys look older than they are. I hate beards so... It wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason for the illusion of age on Billie. I want to see all of his pretty face all the time. :wub: No scruff!

Going to be seeing this and Cuatro on Friday! Hubby and I are going with a friend who got platinum badges! Can't wait!

I hope this leaks after the screening somehow but probably not.

Going to be seeing this and Cuatro on Friday! Hubby and I are going with a friend who got platinum badges! Can't wait!

Ugh! Can you sneak me in inside your purse?! :lol:

I wish so much that I could go to this and to Green Day's concert! I do have a cousin living in Texas, but she's nowhere near Austin and it would be such short notice anyway. Plus I don't have the money for airfare or tickets right now. Fuck my life. :cry:

btw, sorry for being such a whiney bitch.

:sorry:

Broadway Idiot

We began filming Broadway Idiot four years ago. It's been an incredible experience, and we can't wait to share it on Friday!

Please take copious notes. Mental or otherwise (preferably a full written report with photographs and videos, but i'm not picky... mental notes are fine.)

I'm so excited to see this tomorrow. Is it the same length as Cuatro?

Have a good time. Are you seeing the concert after as well?

Have a good time. Are you seeing the concert after as well?

Yes, will be there too.

Companies dont usually put in all this work and effort into something just to show it to one room full of people... I'm sure it will be released in some shape or form because if theres money to b made theyd be idiotic not too. It looks pretty well invested too, not just some mash of clips for the sake of nostalgia for the cast and crew. And besides theyre already advertising!

*cough* Heart Like a Hand Grenade *cough*

Which may or may not be released in 2014?

*cough* Heart Like a Hand Grenade *cough*

Which may or may not be released in 2014?

that wasnt a produced by a company though was it? it was that dudes project, i forget his name. i used to want it to be released but now im just pissed off about it. fuck it

that wasnt a produced by a company though was it? it was that dudes project, i forget his name. i used to want it to be released but now im just pissed off about it. fuck it

Well, it was made by John Roecker, but if I'm remembering correctly, Warner Bros has had a lot of say in it (which is why it hasn't been released).

Well, it was made by John Roecker, but if I'm remembering correctly, Warner Bros has had a lot of say in it (which is why it hasn't been released).

Warner Bros would've released it, if it had been finished sooner. John took a long time to cut it down to whatever the final edit was. When he finished, we all got excited, thinking it would be released, but that's when Warner said they preferred to wait until the 10th anniversary. I guess they felt they had missed the optimum window of relevance or some other crazy business reason :P But I know we kept asking for it, and John, supposedly, kept fighting for it's release. The special screening we eventually got seemed more a compromise on Warner's part to get all parties involved to stfu :P

But Broadway Idiot's circumstances are completely different. The fact that it's being shown at a film festival and has been getting a bunch of press already, even more than Cuatro has, says that the makers clearly intend for this thing to come out. And if the film is as well-received today as it's buzz has thus far warranted, I'm sure a DVD release of some kind will eventually follow.

I'm actually quite happy you're one of the ones going. Have a blast!

This is really cool but...

Are we NOT getting a movie (not a documentary) based on the album?

The one they'd been talking about for the last years and Billie used to tweet about it too.

Anyone knows about this??

Warner Bros would've released it, if it had been finished sooner. John took a long time to cut it down to whatever the final edit was. When he finished, we all got excited, thinking it would be released, but that's when Warner said they preferred to wait until the 10th anniversary. I guess they felt they had missed the optimum window of relevance or some other crazy business reason :P But I know we kept asking for it, and John, supposedly, kept fighting for it's release. The special screening we eventually got seemed more a compromise on Warner's part to get all parties involved to stfu :P

But Broadway Idiot's circumstances are completely different. The fact that it's being shown at a film festival and has been getting a bunch of press already, even more than Cuatro has, says that the makers clearly intend for this thing to come out. And if the film is as well-received today as it's buzz has thus far warranted, I'm sure a DVD release of some kind will eventually follow.

I'm just bitter :P Anyhow, I actually decided to ask John Roecker about it and it's being released next year, so woo! Anyway, to get back on topic...haha.

This is really cool but...

Are we NOT getting a movie (not a documentary) based on the album?

The one they'd been talking about for the last years and Billie used to tweet about it too.

Anyone knows about this??

Green Day is excellent at talking about movies that end up never being made :lol:

Archived