Broadway Idiot - American Idiot Show Documentary

Dirntbag

How awesome (and unlikely) would it be if they released this as a DVD and include a bonus disc with the Musical in it. :woot:

I just want to be able to see it somehow :shy:

Yeah this would be awesome :runaround:

Because I'm sure that I won't have the chance to see this :sorry: (the same happened by Cuatro)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely looking forward to seeing this documentary one day! I loved the musical so getting more "behind the scenes" information will surely be amazing :)

Okay, so when/how does anyone who can't go to Texas for this premier ever get to see this? This is a rhetorical question...I know no one has any idea.

I was going to say that exactly. When was this recorded? Because BJ looks SO old here =/

According to the website filming interviews wrapped August 2012, so they probably interviewed Billie last summer.

He is almost 41 years old.It's not possible for him to look always like 25 years old.

Exactly. He looks his age, and in the interviews he looks like he just washed his face and was having a sunburnt peely day :lol:

According to the website filming interviews wrapped August 2012, so they probably interviewed Billie last summer.

Exactly. He looks his age, and in the interviews he looks like he just washed his face and was having a sunburnt peely day :lol:

I've always thought he looks ten years younger than he is. I think he looks good though and he is going to get older, however, he's still looking fine.

Can't wait! I am almost positive they will make this into a DVD. Why would they go through all that editing just to show it at a few exclusive showings? Looks really good!! Love the Donald Trumph part. :lol:

Can't wait! I am almost positive they will make this into a DVD. Why would they go through all that editing just to show it at a few exclusive showings? Looks really good!! Love the Donald Trumph part. :lol:

Same reason they did it with Heart Like A Hand Gernade

Have a feeling that will finally be released next year for the 10 year anniversary of American Idiot.

Why wasn't it released?

No idea

Supposedly it's going to be included in the 10th AI anniversary AI edition but that's not til next year

No idea

Supposedly it's going to be included in the 10th AI anniversary AI edition but that's not til next year

Oh. So is there really going to be an AI 10th anniversary edition? But I think they will release Broadway Idiot.

Oh. So is there really going to be an AI 10th anniversary edition? But I think they will release Broadway Idiot.

No idea

And probally will

Is it wrong I'm kind of more interested in this than Cuatro? And I love Cuatro, I think it's top-notch, but Billie on Broadway is more mysterious to me than the making of an album, no matter how awesome lifestyle-y it was filmed.

Is it wrong I'm kind of more interested in this than Cuatro? And I love Cuatro, I think it's top-notch, but Billie on Broadway is more mysterious to me than the making of an album, no matter how awesome lifestyle-y it was filmed.

I am too, always wanted to see more about the musical, and it'll be interesting to see Billie a little out of his comfort zone

I'm not obsessed with the musical like a lot of people (saw the traveling show, loved it, though), but I think it will be really intriguing for the reasons you said.

Yeah, HLAHG just breaks my heart every time I think about it :sad: I really hope it doesn't happen again.

I agree, and I haven't even seen the Musical!

I am too, always wanted to see more about the musical, and it'll be interesting to see Billie a little out of his comfort zone

The part where Michael Mayer said Billie was shitting himself... THAT I want to see! (Not literally :P )

Yeah, HLAHG just breaks my heart every time I think about it :sad: I really hope it doesn't happen again.

I agree, and I haven't even seen the Musical!

I just saw the musical for the first time last week on the regional tour. It was great, but not the best musical I've ever seen (though it did have the best music I've ever heard ;) ) My performance had some amusing technical difficulties, like the electric guitar wasn't turned on for the opening chords of American Idiot, so it was TRAGICALLY anti-climactic :lol:

Anyway, seeing this from Billie's perspective makes it a lot more intriguing, and I hope it features a lot of footage of St. Billie, not just the before-he-joined parts, though that will be fascinating too.

The part where Michael Mayer said Billie was shitting himself... THAT I want to see! (Not literally :P )

Yes! And all the various costumes Billie decided to wear during rehearsals (nurse, spiderman, g-string... :) )

Hope it shows how much Mike and Tré were involved too

I think this is going to be super interesting. I only saw the musical once, but wish I'd seen it more, and think it's going to be really interesting seeing how it all came together. This is slightly random-but did anyone else think that Billie looked really orange in the interview snippets?! lol! :P

I think this is going to be super interesting. I only saw the musical once, but wish I'd seen it more, and think it's going to be really interesting seeing how it all came together. This is slightly random-but did anyone else think that Billie looked really orange in the interview snippets?! lol! :P

He did, but it seems like these interviews were done last summer, so he was probably on the beach every day, which explains his coloring and peely skin :lol:

He did, but it seems like these interviews were done last summer, so he was probably on the beach every day, which explains his coloring and peely skin :lol:

Glad I wasn't the only one too notice, and I'm not going mad!!

me too! Actually, I recognize some of this footage from the special that was aired on MTV prior to the Broadway opening (which is still on my DVR :ninja: ), and I loved watching that, so I'm way excited to see more stuff, especially with the St. Billie bits. I was fortunate enough to have seen American Idiot 6 times when it was on the Great White Way (was not able to see the regional performance, unfortunately, even though I was curious to see some of the changes that had been made), and this brought back sooo many memories. I miss the whole cast something fierce.

Archived