Broadway Idiot - American Idiot Show Documentary

Dirntbag

So according to this website: http://schedule.sxsw.com/2013/events/event_FS13822

A Broadway Idiot documentary film will be made, which follows the musical American Idiot’s journey to Broadway, and will have it's World Premiere at this year’s film festival.

Check out the http://broadwayidiot.com/ website for more information.

I did a quick search and I don't think there are any threads for this. Feel free to delete if it's not thread-worthy/ already posted.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read about this a while ago in some magazine. It sounds very exciting and I'm kinda hoping it will include a video of the whole performance (just so I can relive this awesome fantastic journey) but I doubt it as the tour continues. Looking forward to seeing this and get an insight into how the musical came together.

Plus, Michael Esper :ninja:

I heard about it myself as well, but thanks for the info I had no clue it was actually coming soon :D

Just saw this on twitter. Very excited, have heard good things. Hopefully we will get to see it too.

Billie looks like he got a really bad spray tan in the trailer. :lol:

Regardless, I'm super excited!

Great news! :woot: But I'll wait to feel excited to get/see this, 'cause you know... it's a documentary :mellow:

This sounds awesome! :woot: If it happens, that is. I think it should absolutely include footage of one entire performance where Billie Joe is St. Jimmy.

Just watched the video on Tumblr and OHMYFREAKIN'GOD! I didn't have a chance to see the musical so if they include a full performance of it (preferably with Billie as St. jimmy?) I will die happy.

well, first Cuatro needs to be released, I'm really excited about this but I don't want another Heart like a handgrenade...

but I guess that's not that likely, can't wait! :dance:

Like everyone else, I hope the DVD will include a full performance with Billie as St. Jimmy. I would love to be able to watch the show whenever I want, and to be able to see St. Billie again would be wonderful.

The documentary looks really interesting. I love the Donald Trump quote! :lol: Oh Billie.

I love how generous Green Day is to their fans! Three albums and two documentaries all in a span of six months! Amazing!

I loved Billie's reaction to Donald Trump being at the premiere (Because lets be honest: That would have been all of our reactions too)

it looks pretty fucking awesome!! I guess they only mention Billie Joe and not Green Day because he was the one who played St.Jimmy role...but i would like it to be "the Green Day process" .. anyways it looks great and i want to see his performance too :shy:

Please premier at TIFF!

LOL nvm clearly i did not read it was premiering in Texas.. ugh

OMGOMGOMG I WASN'T EXPECTING THIS.

Billie on Donald Trump: What the fuck are you doing here, really?!

Tre: THIS IS A HOLY PLACE!!!!!

I just love Michael Mayer (and his voice :lol: not sure why) he's just awesome

Judging by the trailer and the photos, there's a lot of St. Billie there :happy: I simply hope we all can see this at some point!

As I'm getting ready to bawl my eyes out over the loss of 30 Rock, this was a nice surprise to make me feel better :)

New favorite thing in the history of forever:

xgbo7.jpg

Archived