Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Listen to Static Noise 94: We give our thoughts on Demolicious.

Photo

Two shot at Middle School in Atlanta

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Vespertine

Vespertine
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2009
  • 411 rep

Atlanta school officials confirm a shooting at Price Middle School in Georgia. 
School officials say two people were wounded in the shooting. One of the victims was a 14-year-old, MyFoxAtlanta.com reports.
Police say they have two people in custody in connection with the shooting, according to MyFoxAtlanta.com.
The school was placed on lockdown and authorities say parents are not being allowed to pick up their children at this time. Price Middle School is located in southwest Atlanta.

Yet another school shooting in the US... :S

Apparently nobody was killed, fortunately. One of the students, however, was shot in the head, and their condition is unknown. 

JIGD13

JIGD13
  • I Turned into a Martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
  • Joined Jul 02, 2012
  • 2,571 rep

I'm tired of hearing everyday of some shooting on USA, Please someone do something about the guns thing, R.I.P for the people who died

Mary711

Mary711
  • Living for the next show

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,279 posts
  • Joined Jun 30, 2010
  • 2,211 rep

That's awful!

LazyPhil

LazyPhil
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Joined Sep 18, 2010
  • 501 rep

Congress must make the right decision, and quick!

Ilda_25

Ilda_25
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Joined Jun 26, 2010
  • 56 rep

another one?  :o

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 13,840 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,657 rep

Isn't even the first this year, and it's still January.

This has passed the point of pitiful.

Amanda

Amanda
  • Loved Very Much by Joey

• 29,483 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2005
  • 5,928 rep

I'm tired of hearing everyday of some shooting on USA, Please someone do something about the guns thing, R.I.P for the people who died

So tired that you didn't read the OP, which consists of two sentences, saying that no one has been killed?

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • http://ask.fm/ceadog

• 15,541 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,159 rep

http://www.slate.com...k_shooting.html

1472 Americans of all ages killed by guns since Sandy Hook.

Time for some politicians to get their thumbs out of their asses, methinks.

John.

John.
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 28,885 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 6,789 rep

Nevermind the fact that there has been a bill introduced in the Senate to restrict assault weapons, that Obama already did as much as he had the power to do via executive order, and that there have been congressional hearings on the issue of gun violence all through the last few weeks, it will shatter peoples' delusion that no one in the USA gives a fuck or is trying to solve it.

Gregorovich

Gregorovich
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined Oct 20, 2012
  • 481 rep

Never in my life have I been so frustrated by human stupidity than when I hear of Americans against firearm restrictions. These people don't need a punch in the face; they need a lobotomy.

JIGD13

JIGD13
  • I Turned into a Martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
  • Joined Jul 02, 2012
  • 2,571 rep

So tired that you didn't read the OP, which consists of two sentences, saying that no one has been killed?

hehe sorry anyway, there's one guy that got shoted in the head and that's almost as awful as if someone got killed

Tman684

Tman684
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 10,062 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 4,422 rep

Y'know what? I'm sick of this shit. Why is it that these shootings happen in America? What is it about Europe that they don't have all these shootings? This obviously has nothing to do with automatic weapons. If you really wanted to kill someone, you'd use any weapon! If we're to ban guns, let's ban everything but handguns, shotguns, muskets, antiques, and crossbows. We'll keep those for hunting, sports, collecting, and self-defense. Everything else is unnecessary. Why does it seem like shootings are at a peak this past year? Or are they always this common, but just swept under the carpet by the industry? Let's face it. Kids are mean, bullying will always happen. That doesn't mean you need to shoot people! The media is to blame for this. 1. They make the shooters famous. 2. Call of Duty. There are fucking SEVEN YEAR OLDS playing MW3 online, learning the worst words from older kids playing, these little shits think they're so cool, and they grow up to be little douches because they play M rated games and swear at such a young age it completely fucks them up. 3. Movies. The Dark Knight Rises was awesome! But the amount of violence in it? Jesus! And again, seven year olds want to see a Batman movie, but the new ones simply aren't appropriate. Also, I think single-parents have an effect on psychological shit and stuff that really screws up kids, especially if the parent works a lot or is a complete whore.

John.

John.

• 28,885 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 6,789 rep

That post amounts to "I'm going to pass judgment on everything conceivable all at once" which is totally pointless. 

ANJI

ANJI
  • Drenched in Syn!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2009
  • 922 rep
Ohh that's really sad. I hope they can recover quickly, and change gun laws =/

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,541 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,159 rep

Y'know what? I'm sick of this shit. Why is it that these shootings happen in America? What is it about Europe that they don't have all these shootings? This obviously has nothing to do with automatic weapons. If you really wanted to kill someone, you'd use any weapon! If we're to ban guns, let's ban everything but handguns, shotguns, muskets, antiques, and crossbows. We'll keep those for hunting, sports, collecting, and self-defense. Everything else is unnecessary. Why does it seem like shootings are at a peak this past year? Or are they always this common, but just swept under the carpet by the industry? Let's face it. Kids are mean, bullying will always happen. That doesn't mean you need to shoot people! The media is to blame for this. 1. They make the shooters famous. 2. Call of Duty. There are fucking SEVEN YEAR OLDS playing MW3 online, learning the worst words from older kids playing, these little shits think they're so cool, and they grow up to be little douches because they play M rated games and swear at such a young age it completely fucks them up. 3. Movies. The Dark Knight Rises was awesome! But the amount of violence in it? Jesus! And again, seven year olds want to see a Batman movie, but the new ones simply aren't appropriate. Also, I think single-parents have an effect on psychological shit and stuff that really screws up kids, especially if the parent works a lot or is a complete whore.

First half of that was fine and dandy. Second half (bolded) I have serious issues with, mainly because it's fucking stupid logic. In fact it's one of the stupidest posts I've seen on the subject.

You think America is the only country in the world where kids watch inappropriate TV, play violent videogames, or have shitty parents? That's beyond ridiculous. Violence in the media is a worldwide phenomenon. Take a look at your culture that glorifies soldiers going into war. It's cool to have guns and fight "the bad guys". Anyone can become the bad guy if your mind is fucked up enough. And fucking sort out licensing and the widespread availability of guns, that's the major problem. Anyone can get their hands on something thats whole function is death and injury.

Advertising

Amanda

Amanda
  • Loved Very Much by Joey

• 29,483 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2005
  • 5,928 rep

POPULAR

Also, I think single-parents have an effect on psychological shit and stuff that really screws up kids, especially if the parent works a lot or is a complete whore.

Seriously? So someone is unfortunate enough to suffer a failed marriage, they do their best to get a job and provide for their kid and that makes the kid more likely to shoot their friends at school?
There are people out there who should never have had kids, but they aren't all single parents and they certainly don't all "work a lot".

AfterShock

AfterShock
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2010
  • 320 rep

The people that do stupid shit with guns aren't going to be affected by gun laws. They'll find ways to get guns regardless. What needs to be addressed is MENTAL HEALTH. Obviously more than a few of these people that are the shooters have had serious issues, which led to them snapping (not saying this is always the case, but obviously addressing these issues would save a lot of lives). Gun control won't solve the problem, IMO.

Btw, I'm not conservative, so don't pin that on me for being anti-gun control.

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Resident Tree Hugger

• 16,415 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 1,306 rep

POPULAR

What the fuck does "being a complete whore" have to do with anything?

Dr. Queen Schultz

Dr. Queen Schultz
  • feel the boogie all night long

• 16,252 posts
  • Joined Jul 27, 2008
  • 4,329 rep

Just wow. 

Okay so let me tell you that the accessable violent media you blame for all this, exists in ALL counries? In European ones, in Australia, in Asia....everywhere.

I do see young kids playing ego-shooters and violent games here too. I see young adolescents watching movies that are 18+ based on their brutality.

I have seen violent movies, I have practically been raised by a single mom and have been bullied in school too. Now do I shoot someone? No.

You say even if I would want to, I could just grab a gun. No I couldn't because in Europe you can't just "grab a gun" you know?

And that is why this shit happens a lot less here....A LOT LESS. You know why we don't need no fucking gun for "self defense"? Because there are no other people with guns you would have to defend yourself against in the first place.

The Media we have in Europe or anywhere else is the same as in the US. The same violent, the same inappropriate and the same accessable for youngsters.

Yet they CAN NOT just grab a gun because they legally own it and start a shooting.

That's the point...you can't blame the gun violence in America on shooting games while we have the same ones here and not nearly as much problems with shootings.

Tman684

Tman684

• 10,062 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 4,422 rep

Just wow. 

Okay so let me tell you that the accessable violent media you blame for all this, exists in ALL counries? In European ones, in Australia, in Asia....everywhere.

I do see young kids playing ego-shooters and violent games here too. I see young adolescents watching movies that are 18+ based on their brutality.

I have seen violent movies, I have practically been raised by a single mom and have been bullied in school too. Now do I shoot someone? No.

You say even if I would want to, I could just grab a gun. No I couldn't because in Europe you can't just "grab a gun" you know?

And that is why this shit happens a lot less here....A LOT LESS. You know why we don't need no fucking gun for "self defense"? Because there are no other people with guns you would have to defend yourself against in the first place.

The Media we have in Europe or anywhere else is the same as in the US. The same violent, the same inappropriate and the same accessable for youngsters.

Yet they CAN NOT just grab a gun because they legally own it and start a shooting.

That's the point...you can't blame the gun violence in America on shooting games while we have the same ones here and not nearly as much problems with shootings.

I'm not blaming it all on media, but it does play a role. There are kids I know that don't play video games that don't have blood in them. That means kids are developing a "want" for violence. Why are these shooting games so popular? Why do kids want to be in a pretend war? War isn't fun. Ask any veteran. Let's ship these kids off to iraq if they want realistic war-games so badly. Whatever happened to Mario or Madden or Metroid? The good kind of M-games?

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,541 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,159 rep

I'm not blaming it all on media, but it does play a role. There are kids I know that don't play video games that don't have blood in them. That means kids are developing a "want" for violence. Why are these shooting games so popular? Why do kids want to be in a pretend war? War isn't fun. Ask any veteran. Let's ship these kids off to iraq if they want realistic war-games so badly. Whatever happened to Mario or Madden or Metroid? The good kind of M-games?

tumblr_m28uhrOMyz1qd4z6go1_400.jpg

Yeah, read that. Kids have always loved violence. 

If you're seriously blaming shootings on video games I don't think I can even have a conversation with you about this, because you are the silliest of the silly poos.

Hannah!

Hannah!
  • WHO IS KMAN

• 20,762 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2004
  • 7,389 rep

Blaming violent video games is just stupid. Just because a kid plays fucking Call of Duty or whatever doesn't mean they're going to go out and shoot up their school. The US just has a violent culture in general and that's where the problem lies.

John.

John.

• 28,885 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 6,789 rep

My friend in Afghanistan spends half of his down time playing Black Ops, you don't know shit. 

Dr. Queen Schultz

Dr. Queen Schultz
  • feel the boogie all night long

• 16,252 posts
  • Joined Jul 27, 2008
  • 4,329 rep

Well no.

They are JUST AS popular here...just as many kids play those games....here kids just as much long for that kind of virtuality, but they do not fucking shoot around.

So how do you explain that apprently here kids can deal with playing shooters and yet have a peaceful life? If it was about the games, if they were the reason these shootings happen, then they would also happen here but they don't. Just because you play these games doesn't mean you'll confuse reality with it....

It's not about the games....ask any other country in the world.

Tman684

Tman684

• 10,062 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 4,422 rep

Well no.

They are JUST AS popular here...just as many kids play those games....here kids just as much long for that kind of virtuality, but they do not fucking shoot around.

So how do you explain that apprently here kids can deal with playing shooters and yet have a peaceful life? If it was about the games, if they were the reason these shootings happen, then they would also happen here but they don't. Just because you play these games doesn't mean you'll confuse reality with it....

It's not about the games....ask any other country in the world.

My friend in Afghanistan spends half of his down time playing Black Ops, you don't know shit. 

Blaming violent video games is just stupid. Just because a kid plays fucking Call of Duty or whatever doesn't mean they're going to go out and shoot up their school. The US just has a violent culture in general and that's where the problem lies.

I don't know. Sorry I'm so wrong. I'm sure all of you know exactly why all these shootings are happening and can easily stop them. What do you think I am, a school shooting expert? Jeez

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • even lovers drown

• 14,422 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 2,358 rep

i hope you're trolling. if not, fuck you. how the fuck dare you suggest my amazing, wonderful single mum would raise me so terribly that i'd go into school one day and shoot anyone who's ever bullied me. fuck you.

also, congrats on recognising that mental problems can be caused by chemical imbalances on the brain, not just environmental factors.

Céadóg

Céadóg

• 15,541 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 16,159 rep

Strange how Barack Obama didn't shoot up schools when he was a kid, seeing how he was raised by a hard working single mum.

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love
  • No, this is Patrick

• 30,268 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,413 rep

What shocks me the most is that it's not even as shocking anymore to hear about a school shooting in the US. It's another school shooting. Nothing less than a tragedy of course, but the amount of US shootings in the news in the past less-than-two months... I don't even have words for it. 

Vespertine

Vespertine
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2009
  • 411 rep

The first known school shooting that took place in America was the Enoch Brown school one; It happened in 1764. Throughout the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, there were various reports of shootings that happened on school properties in the United States. Take a look at this list: http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States (I know Wikipedia is not always a reliable source, etc., but this article is trustworthy.)

Did those kids have video games in the late 1700s? In the nineteenth century?

Video games are definitely not to blame for school shootings. Let's be rational here.

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • British Idiot.

• 14,120 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 1,865 rep

Time to arm the teachers, surely? Coz only more guns can solve the problem of too many guns, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users