Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Legend of Zelda

- - - - - Game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

GreenRanger

GreenRanger
  • Probably Someone Else

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 1,522 rep

Okay, so since I'm pretty excited about having "Games" in the title of this here forum, and this series was one of the more common topics in the Gaming thread, I figured it merited it's own (again, in fact, since I time travelled using an ocarina once and found that there was once a Zelda thread in the past).

Luckily, we've got a fair bit of news to go on thanks to the Nintendo Direct from last week.  Not only are we getting a remake of The Wind Waker, but an all new Zelda got discussed.  I was actually pretty excited about some of things they mention in that article.  I mean, a new visual style?  What haven't they done?  Free roam of all the dungeons?  M...multiplayer?  This game sounds pretty ballsy, and I like that.  So what are your thoughts?  What do you want to see in future Zelda games?

I also wouldn't mind starting a conversation about Wind Waker...one of the quirky gems in the Zelda series.  It really took a departure from the formula, and it feels great because of it.  The HD remake has got me thinking...wouldn't it be awesome to have a sequel to this game?  I think there's a lot they could bring to it with the tecnology they've developed in the last 10 years...and I'm not just talking about graphics.  Well, slightly.  I'm kind of imagine beautiful sunrises over the sparking ocean here...

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Purée

• 15,568 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 9,671 rep
Zelda has never had any form of multiplayer in it's games ever (Well, 4 swords is MP, but god that sucked). Playing as one of the characters in Super Smash doesn't suffice enough to me :P
I don't really want mp either, what would you do? Co-up like in 4 swords?

I also don't get why they didn't make Twilight Princess again instead of Wind Waker. That is supposed to be a cartoon-ish game, while if they did Twilight Princess, the Wii U could shine. Stupid Nintendo.

Backyard Skulls

Backyard Skulls
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2009
  • 1,037 rep
I love zelda. Favourites are probably Minish Cap and TP.
I didn't even know they were remaking wind waker. I really liked the visuals for it. I don't think Nintendo could've used ~real~ graphics for it, it just wouldn't have worked.
Dunno if this is what will make me get a WiiU, I much prefer portable gaming tbh. I still need to get Skyward Sword too, I'm quite behind aha.

GreenRanger

GreenRanger
  • Probably Someone Else

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 1,522 rep

Zelda has never had any form of multiplayer in it's games ever (Well, 4 swords is MP, but god that sucked). Playing as one of the characters in Super Smash doesn't suffice enough to me :P
I don't really want mp either, what would you do? Co-up like in 4 swords?

I also don't get why they didn't make Twilight Princess again instead of Wind Waker. That is supposed to be a cartoon-ish game, while if they did Twilight Princess, the Wii U could shine. Stupid Nintendo.

Yeah, I'm not sure where they're going to end up taking the multiplayer in Zelda, but I imagine it'll be a pretty casual drop-in, drop-out system, which is kind of what they like over there at Nintendo. Then again, it could be more like that Zelda-based game in Nintendo Land...the Wii U is a whole new world regarding multiplayer, I think, and it's definitely their chance to implement mp (which I kept thinking was Magic Power) into Zelda, if ever there was one.

And that's true, a TP remake would be pretty cool.  I think they might have gone with Wind Waker because ten years ago that was a really experimental style.  It had a few flaws and blips (like Link's eyes clipping through his hair, the kind of choppy lighting in places) that could be done more subtly and effectively now.  But if these remake trends are anything to go by, maybe we'll get TP in 2016...I'd love to see it with Skyward Sword's controls and a world that's slightly less empty.  Also they should put Malon's ghost in Hyrule Field.

Cob

Cob
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,992 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,572 rep

Probably my favorite game series of all time, alongside Halo and right above Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, GTA, and Super Mario. Incredible games, I can still remember staying up until 5 o clock in the morning playing Wind Waker the first time I rented it. Ocarina of Time to me is the greatest video game of all time, and Twilight Princess was an absolute blast. 

This thread reminds me that I have yet to beat Spirit Tracks. Hmm....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users