Are there any Green Day music videos that weren't released?

Charlie Boston

I was going through some Green Day videos on youtube and all of a sudden I found the un-released music video for whatsername and I was just wondering if there are any other Green Day videos that are un-released?

That Whatshername video is fake.

Are you sure? The girl from the Jesus of Suburbia video is in it.

Fake

There's Mother Mary, Stop Drop and Roll, Maria, Poprock & Coke, Supermodel Robots, Joe Robot, Hungry Hungry Models, Love & Money, Transistors Gone Wild, Last Night On Earth, Cigarettes and Valentines, Hybrid Moments, and Troublemaker

I think the pop rocks and coke vid was released before. I remember seeing it before on tv or something.

It's not fake, it's just not official, aka fan made.

Fan made doesn't mean that it's filmed with an iPhone, it just means people who likes the music made the video on their own account.

This is some fan made trailer for a movie called the Butterfly Effect, it's as good a music video as any for the song itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SynlkD1Qr-Q

Fake

Last Night On Earth, Cigarettes and Valentines, Hybrid Moments, and Troublemaker

How are those "not released" when they were all released on the official Green Day Youtube channel?

How are those "not released" when they were all released on the official Green Day Youtube channel?

How the fuck am I supposed to know? You think I go on Green Day's official youtube channel? Cause I love reading comments from 12 year old boys arguing about punk and saying how 21 Guns is so gay? :mad:

How the fuck am I supposed to know? You think I go on Green Day's official youtube channel? Cause I love reading comments from 12 year old boys arguing about punk and saying how 21 Guns is so gay? :mad:

Chill.

That video has some scenes from a movie called the Butterfly Effect (prety good movie)

Wow, what an agressive and out-of-nowhere comment. Yeah, sorry for assuming you go on Green Day's Youtube channel, I mean that's where the videos are... and stuff...

That video has some scenes from a movie called the Butterfly Effect (prety good movie)

Were talking about this one:

That Whatsername video has been floating around the internet forever, but yeah it's not official. But it does have the actress in it that played Whastername in the JOS video. I read a story somewhere on GDC which said that the footage was leaked somewhere on the internet but without the audio, and a fan put the song on it, added some stuff and uploaded it. Not sure if that's true. But that makes some sense because it is shot in the same style as the JOS video, but seems unfinished and kinda boring. I think it was just a demo or something, maybe they wanted to release Whatsername as a single at some point but scrapped the idea and the video.

That Whatsername video has been floating around the internet forever, but yeah it's not official. But it does have the actress in it that played Whastername in the JOS video. I read a story somewhere on GDC which said that the footage was leaked somewhere on the internet but without the audio, and a fan put the song on it, added some stuff and uploaded it. Not sure if that's true. But that makes some sense because it is shot in the same style as the JOS video, but seems unfinished and kinda boring. I think it was just a demo or something, maybe they wanted to release Whatsername as a single at some point but scrapped the idea and the video.

It looks like she's lip syncing the song at parts.

Wow, what an agressive and out-of-nowhere comment. Yeah, sorry for assuming you go on Green Day's Youtube channel, I mean that's where the videos are... and stuff...

Lol, yeah, because the only place you can find Green Day video's is on their official youtube channel. :P I just went there, now I'm downloading Know Your Enemy music video in HD. I didn't have that one before.

This is correct. It's not fake, the footage was shot by Sam Bayer to be used in a Whatsername video and it got leaked (with no audio on it) a few years ago. We had a thread about it on here, and someone uploaded a version with the audio added so we could see/hear what it'd be like.

Since then it's been labelled as an offical unreleased video on youtube which is incorrect, it's not a finished video it's just some footage shot for a video that they never made in the end so for all we know they might've only used clips from it as one small part of a video. So yeah, it's footage shot for a video but it's not a finished video.

There's an alternate video of Warning to the one you'd see on TV, pretty boring though as it's just studio footage.. I'm surprised they never did any home made videos pre Dookie considering they have two albums worth of material, i guess since there was no internet back then to get coverage on bands didn't do it as much as they do these days.

This is correct. It's not fake, the footage was shot by Sam Bayer to be used in a Whatsername video and it got leaked (with no audio on it) a few years ago. We had a thread about it on here, and someone uploaded a version with the audio added so we could see/hear what it'd be like.

Since then it's been labelled as an offical unreleased video on youtube which is incorrect, it's not a finished video it's just some footage shot for a video that they never made in the end so for all we know they might've only used clips from it as one small part of a video. So yeah, it's footage shot for a video but it's not a finished video.

I'm glad I got clarification about this. I have been wondering about that Whatsername video! That's pretty cool that we get to see some footage though! :)

Poprocks and coke video is official (I watched it on MTV and another chilean music channel called Via X around 2002). The unofficial one at that time was Maria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic5XuHxD6J0

She (Taken from Chicago 1994 Gig) and Welcome to Paradise videos are unofficial, too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgumG6Oeg1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTKm2Tf97D4

FakeThere's Mother Mary, Stop Drop and Roll, Maria, Poprock & Coke, Supermodel Robots, Joe Robot, Hungry Hungry Models, Love & Money, Transistors Gone Wild, Last Night On Earth, Cigarettes and Valentines, Hybrid Moments, and Troublemaker

Troublemaker was released, I could go buy it if I felt the need

Archived