¡Tré! song meanings

Jessica22

I don't generally care all that much about what a song means. There are sometimes I do, but mostly I just care if It's a great song and all of these are.

American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are two exceptions, I hope.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are two exceptions, I hope.

Yeah, I like how they're concept albums and there's a story.

I personally don't think it is about a break up. The line 'how long is this brutal love?' suggests to me that the very idea of splitting up is unthinkable. The way I see it, the couple in question would much rather spend the rest of their lives waiting for one of them to die so the other could be free than actively 'break up'. The suicide idea is really good and kinda fits with what I was thinking, too...

I see Brutal Love as a song about tension between a couple, with no intention to get it resolved, and it builds worse and worse to the point where, as you said it, it seems unthinkable that they can even split up because they know they cannot live without one another, but they still seem to have that tension.

I think, and it´s mi opinion, that try to find the meaning of a song it´s stupid, i mean, yeah you can say "yes, i think this song talks about this", but in the end you will never know, as long as Billie say it, but the only one that really knows it´s him .

Archived