¡Tré! song meanings

Jessica22

I've searched this topic and I think it's not posted yet.

So this is to discuss on the meaning of the lyrics of ¡Tré! songs as we did with the songs of ¡Uno! in other topic.

To put my two cents, I read an interview where Billie said that X-kid is about a friend of them that committed suicide because he couldn't face that his youth was over. And I've heard rumors that says that 'Little boy named Train' is about a Billie's friend that was hermaphrodite or something like that, but I haven't seen them saying it. Also I feel curious about 'Dirty Rotten Bastards', there appear lot of references to old songs, but I can't figure out the whole meaning.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure Amanda is about Amanda. I could be wrong though.

It might be about his cat.

Pretty sure Amanda is about Amanda. I could be wrong though.

It might be about his cat.

I wanna be as smart as you when i'm older xD

Drama Queen is about Billie Joe's ongoing pedophilia, and that's a fact.

I do sense some sarcasm in this thread already :o

Anyway, as far as I've noticed, many of the songs on Tre could be about fading into adulthood and quit being a kid and dealing with that.

Shouldn't it be made clear that they're someone's personal interpretations? Not really fair to Billie otherwise.

I agree

I think from all the songs on Tre, I've only figured out Walk Away so far.

It's about walking away from a certain scene or situation.

99 Revolutions is about a Merry-Go-Round

What do you mean? Which lyrics make you think like that?

I though it was actually about the theory 1999 turning to 2000.

What do you mean? Which lyrics make you think like that?

I though it was actually about the theory 1999 turning to 2000.

I think I'll have to revisit my statement. It's actually about Billie Joe riding a merry go round in 1999

I was actually excited to see about some song meanings but all you guys are, are sarcastic twats.

I heard that drama queen is about tres and mikes daughters tho! Not sure if confirmed.

I was actually excited to see about some song meanings but all you guys are, are sarcastic twats.

I heard that drama queen is about tres and mikes daughters tho! Not sure if confirmed.

It's about a young girl growing up under the Hollywood spotlight and having it eventually poison her.

I am confused in The Forgotten what is the/our abandon/abandoned. Is it the people who have been abandoned or something else

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my interpretations

Brutal Love - Some guy broke up with his girlfriend, starts drinking to sober his depression, and finally kills himself

Missing You - This guy misses his girlfriend

8th Avenue Serenade - Teenage lust

Drama Queen - Celebrity children who can't take being famous and go slowly insane from it

X-Kid - A guy couldn't grow up and kills himself

Sex, Drugs, and Violence - A guy fucked up in school and now he's just fucked up

Little Boy Named Train - Some guy is totally lost and doesn't know where to go

Amanda - Some guy is wondering what happened to this girl he liked but broke up with

Walk Away - A couple is having relationship issues and the one of them thinks that it's not worth fighting for anymore

Dirty Rotten Bastards - A guy is sick of being a loser, goes insane, kills a girl named Julianna, and realizes that he went insane

99 Revolutions - A rallying cry for the Occupy Wall Street movement

The Forgotten - It's saying to people who feel rejected, this rejection won't last forever, people love you, and tomorrow will be better

Here are my interpretations

Brutal Love - Some guy broke up with his girlfriend, starts drinking to sober his depression, and finally kills himself

I personally don't think it is about a break up. The line 'how long is this brutal love?' suggests to me that the very idea of splitting up is unthinkable. The way I see it, the couple in question would much rather spend the rest of their lives waiting for one of them to die so the other could be free than actively 'break up'. The suicide idea is really good and kinda fits with what I was thinking, too...

I don't generally care all that much about what a song means. There are sometimes I do, but mostly I just care if It's a great song and all of these are.

Archived