How amazing is a Green Day concert?

Bam-Itz-GreenDay

I've been to 2 shows, one inside, one in a stadium. The stadium was the far better one, they were both in the 21stcb era, so the setlists were pretty standard. They played When it's Time on the outside show, that was cool.

Also a girl got to slow dance with Billie all the way through Give Me Novacaine, she cried, I lol'd.

The shows themselves were amazing. Flames, confetti, tshirt canons, toilet paper and pick flicking all the way.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well first of all, it's awesome that your very first Green Day show will be in the GA area. The first time I saw Green Day, I had shitty ass lawn seats. The closest view I had of them was the stupid screens they have set up. I'm not complaining TOO much though, because the show completely blew me away. I saw Green Day twice on their 2010 summer tour, and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had in my life. I traveled 6 hours to see them, everything about the ride there, to even waiting in line was amazing. Getting to see so many Green Day fans, and just the feeling that you belong there, because people love Green Day just like you do. Once the show started and AFI was finished playing (AFI was amazing), the wait for Green Day to come out just made me anxious and anxious. But when they finally did, and I saw Billie, Mike, and Tre, I'll admit, I did cry. After waiting years to finally see them live, and then my favorite band right in front of me. My idols, my inspiration right before my eyes, how can you not cry?! The show ROCKED, even from the lawn, it was fucking amazing. There is nothing like going to your first Green Day show. The feeling of it, and just the sound of the music, and Billie's voice, and Mike's bass, and Tre's drums, Jason's mad guitar skills. :P Oh man, I'm trying to describe how it felt, but I really can't. You just have to experience the amazingness for yourself. I guarantee you that you will most definitely not be disappointed.

So just to sum it up for you...Green Day is amazing live, and it's awesome that you are seeing them!!!!

I'm seeing them in April too, my first time in GA, being close to them! I'm soooooo excited! :D

Even if it's going to be another 6 hour drive for me, lol.

Woo for road trips, right?

It'll be everything you're imagining from watching live videos only a thousand times better. You'll be enthralled, entertained, happy, laughing and amazed :D. I feel the same as you about King For A Day so I'm hoping they'll keep playing it, but honestly once you're there you won't care what they play. There's nothing better and you'll love it, enjoy!

Never seen them live (Sad face) but I've seen Bullet In a Bible... IT LOOKS FREAKING AMAZING.

Be in the moment and have no expectations from the get go, that will give you the best experience, and they do not disappoint. Especially not if it's your first concert, then the concert is guaranteed to rock your world from first to last and beyond. And yes, I would say King For A Day is 100% certain, they have played it in its 'current form' at every single standard show since at least 2004, the only chance of it not being played is if the band decide the gag is getting old and they'd rather make room for new songs or other oldies, but I doubt it.

do you know why green day got so famous as band,and why so fast?

ok there are many reasons but one important is: green day is the best fuckin live act!

it has always been so and it will be always be so

the whole crowd is one family,your a part of it,and everyone takes care of you,

at punk and rock concerts the people are always really nice to each other,you wont have any problems

on my first gd concert(last year;)) everybody was nice to me,i am 13 and very small,so they all wathce dout and i sat on many shoulders

what will happen:

they aölways play king for one day

you will be in the middle of an awesome moshpit(jump and act liek an idiot,like everyone and the 3(4) idiots on stage)

you will feel stains of beeer running down your back(feels good,smells awful)

just be able to be with the band must be so AMAZING, i have never been in the same time zone with them :rolleyes:

I have only been to one show and it was during the first leg of the 21st Century Breakdown tour. It was an incredible experience. I considered myself a big Green Day fan at the time, but after that show my love for them grew exponentially! All of the emotions I had wrapped up in their songs came pouring out during the show. This may sound really lame but it's the only way I know how to describe this feeling. It almost felt as if all of these burdens I had in my life had suddenly been lifted and I felt "new" (if that makes any sense). I'm seeing them again March 29th and I am so excited! I know what to expect, but at the same time, it's Green Day and we all know to expect the unexpected from them! :)

Enjoy your show! It will be an experience you will NEVER forget!

For me it was too amazing to describe it in words. When they went on the stage, I was like "OMG, they are REAL!" :lol: Every single minute was unforgettable.. And after first show you can't wait for the next one :)

It's hard to describe it, I was actually pretty nervous before I saw them for the first time because I didn't know what to expect. Now I want nothing more than to be at a Green Day show, where I'm completely happy. :happy: For sure it's an experience you will never forget. Let yourself go and have an awesome time! :P

It's alright, like. There's this bit where Billie will scream "HEY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH" for about 3 hours, then play Through The Fire And The Flames on a ukelele, but once you get through that it's not that bad.

tumblr_lhpkccUhKr1qcum2zo1_400.jpg

So April 7th will be my first Green Day concert (General Admission), and I just want to know... how amazing is a Green Day concert?

My POV; I have seen many bands over the last 40 years and Green Day is up there as one of the very best live acts.

My daughter's POV (like you she is 14 and has been to one concert, at Shepherds Bush in September); she loved every second of the whole day, struggled to take it all in, loved meeting other Green Day fans (note: meet up with other GDCs in our experience they are a great bunch). For her the concert seemed to go for ever but it was also all over too quickly. It took her a week to come down, and she had the widest grin on her face for days afterwards.

I think there is a pretty good chance you will enjoy yourself.

never seen them live (my first concer1t will be May 24) but from what I've read I'll think that's goona be incredible

I'm honestly not sure why some people are so aggravated with Billie's "Hey-Oh's." I don't see why there is anything wrong with getting the crowd pumped up, and that's exactly what he's trying to do. It just makes him a lot more alive in concert. I know I wouldn't be amused if he just stood there and sang boringly with no expression. But that's just my opinion..

The best band I've ever seen live! They are so amazing! I think it's awesome they let fans on stage and play for about 3 hours! I can't wait to see them again!

well, i've seen them once and believe me, i had very, very, VERY high hopes, cos i've seen a lot of live performances and i thought they were awesome, so when i got the news they play in my country, i seriously almost started to cry although i didn't already know that i'd get tickets...when my mom told me she allows me to go, we bought the ticket and my friend said she' also allowed to go, i almost died (btw all happened at the same day)

anyways...it was a festival and i've seen some other great live bands, some even better than expected, but really no one could top Green Day...they are a FUCKING AMAZING live band...

okay, maybe it's just cos i was in first row and i had no idea how we did it and was just so high through that you could have told me that the world goes down and i would have said "I don't fucking care, cos I'm at a fucking Green Day show" but oh well :lol: ...but no seriously, whether first row or not, they were amazing and i would have loved the show even if i just stood anywhere in the last row and couldn't even see them xD

to the question what awesome things they did: they played King For A Day - and yeah as far as i know they play it on every show - Jason did a little moonwalk, Billie played the harmonica and one of my favorite moments was when Billie played bass while Mike sang...and believe me, Billie rocked the bass but the reason why i almost started to cry was cos Mike's voice is sooo amazing *-* they interact with the crowd a lot and you'll for sure have a lot of fun and if you'll make it somewhere into the first rows, you'll maybe even get a guitar pick or can come on stage (it's really not as difficult as i always thought it would be) and they'll probably look at you sometimes...

if you make it into the mosh pit, be careful, cos it's really pretty dangerous but it can be fun as well ;) ...and if you're somewhere in the middle of the crowd you'll probably have a lot of party andthere's still the chance of getting a t-shirt :D

...though better don't listen to 99% of what i just wrote cos always when i write about my concert experience i'm kinda high again and it gets way too hysterical :D

in short: yeah they play King For A Day to 99%, the show is more than awesome and you'll most probably have fun :D

But is the best-day-of-your-life thing much depending on where you're standing/sitting, or is it really that amazing either way?

I've only been to small concerts before, where it's been easy to get to the front. I'm going to see Green Day for the first time in July, and I'm worried that I won't get close to the stage and not get a good view of the band, and that that will reduce the experience...

It's an indescribable experience! So much more emotional and intense that just watching a video of their performances. I would give almost anything to see them again and I feel like I became a Green Day fan too late and missed out on the American Idiot era. I wish I could go back in time to experience that too. I can say without a doubt that seeing Green Day live when they came to my city at the start of the 21st CB tour and then seeing Billie Joe as St. Jimmy on Broadway were the two greatest nights of my life and I will never, ever forget them. I was up in the highest seats of an arena for the concert and it was still incredible.

A Green Day concert isn't like any other concert on the planet. It's so much more. You will have an amazing time! If you're anything like me, though, prepare yourself in advance for the crash after the concert. The experience affected me so deeply that I grieved on and off for about a month after it was over. But it also inspired me to study how music can affect our emotions and thoughts so powerfully and I'm still on that path. I have a lot to thank Green Day and that concert for. No band I have ever seen can even come anywhere close to how special Green Day is when they play live. I guarantee you will love it!

But is the best-day-of-your-life thing much depending on where you're standing/sitting, or is it really that amazing either way?

I've only been to small concerts before, where it's been easy to get to the front. I'm going to see Green Day for the first time in July, and I'm worried that I won't get close to the stage and not get a good view of the band, and that that will reduce the experience...

i'm sure it's awesome no matter where you're standing ;) ...when my friend and me went to that festival to see Green Day we didn't plan anything and i really think the best thing to really enjoy the show is to not plan anything...just go there, do everything spontaneously and be happy with every cm you're closer to the stage ;) ...though if you're not like me who has to pee all five seconds (yeah okay a tiny bit exaggerated :D ) you can try to be fast and run and stand first row from the beginning on...that's the only really safe place to really be first row in the end...

cos usually it's not easy to come into first row, i still have no idea how we managed that and i guess it's just cos we were totally lucky and didn't plan too much (cos always when i start to plan anything, everything fails xD) and cos it was a festival and more importantly a one day festival and even a smaller one..."just" 25.000 people, so it was still possible that there were fans of other bands in front of you who might leave before your fave band comes ;) for concerts what we did wouldn't have worked

I have never gotten a chance to go because no one is ever willing to take me to one :mellow:

But honestly i imagine it to be like the best sex you could ever have with the hottest person of all time. Just me though.

It will be the single best experience of your life! Your wedding day and your 1st child will mean nothing to you compared to the day you saw Green Day live! It's that good! :D

Imma need to put this in my quotes on Facebook.

Anywho. How amazing is it? I've only cried tears of joy 3 times in my life, 2 of those times were at the 2 Green Day shows I've been to. My first time I was talking to another fan in the crowd, and I told her it was my first time. She said to me, "When they come on stage, you'll forget how to breathe." And that's exactly what happened.

I went to a show in 2010 in my country and it was the happiest day of my life. They have this huge energy on stage that takes your breath away. They let you have fun with them, they interact with the crowd and its like they are your friends and .. its fucking amazing. The Greatest Show on Earth..oh no wait, i mean its Awesome As Fuck ;)

Archived