How amazing is a Green Day concert?

Bam-Itz-GreenDay

I've seen them twice. I think the best word to describe it is energy. From the moment they open the show to the moment it's over, Billie doesn't stop running around the stage. They just don't stop, it's like they've got the energy of teenagers. It's just purely fucking amazing.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it bad that this thread is making me cry? This is just all so unreal. I can't believe it is going to happen. "When they come on stage, you'll forget how to breath" I just broke down at that. :')

Well, if it is your first time and Green Day is your favorite band I will tell you in this way: You can't describe it, you must feel the experience!!.

October 24th, 2010 has been the best night of my life. An incredible experience seen Green Day Live, so many classic songs, remembering my teenage years. I almost cried when the boys started to play basket case!! So many feelings, waiting for that night for 13 YEARS!!! I'm really excited to see them live again, here in Chile!!

Enjoy the April 7th!!

REAL

it's just the only time I am out in public and feel completely free.

LIFE CHANGING (i am completly obsessed with the band after my first concet)

Just live in the moment (don't let anyone ruin the time..(no other worries.. shoving if you are in ga, just live for the beat of tres drum, the energy that billies antics create, and mikes "dirnt dirnt dirnt"

HAPPINESS - Nirvana to a green day fanatic.

I saw them live for the first time at Irving Plaza back in September. It was the best fucking night of my life. The best live band in the world. It was truly a spiritual, cathartic, emotional, crazy, unreal experience. Words can't do it complete justice.

Let's just say that seeing them live becomes an addiction.

I've been on this wonderful planet for 45 years and have seen many bands including Rush, Scorpions, Bryan Adams, Simple Minds, REM, Faith No More, Styx etc. Green Day is by far the best (joint best with Rush) live band I've ever seen - I've seen them twice - one in Giants Stadium and once in the PNC Artscenter in NJ. IN Giants stadium we were very far away but with the big screens we were close up and personal! They were electrifying, raunchy and full of energy. The atmosphere was incredible.

In NJ I was lucky enough to be in the 12th row with my wife and kids - again their energy was incredible and they played solid for 2 and a half hours - the only time they rested was when they all laid down but continue to play. Their music was exceptional and so was their passion - as you watched them you could see the passion and feeling they put into every note. While they were brilliant I was also amazed by their heart - a lady in the crowd was 'signing' to a group of death children - the band invited her on stage, played a song while she signed and then Billy Joe presented her with his guitar. It was a very touching moment and proved that they are more than simply angry political punk rockers but really care about those who come to see them!

Soon as you hear Rock N Roll Radio you know its real!

[Providing they still play it before they come on]

Prepare to cry too. I did as soon as I heard SoTC when i saw them the last two times but again you might not get song of the century.

but yeah prepare for an emotional overload xD

Soon as you hear Rock N Roll Radio you know its real!

[Providing they still play it before they come on]

Prepare to cry too. I did as soon as I heard SoTC when i saw them the last two times but again you might not get song of the century.

but yeah prepare for an emotional overload xD

Those opening minutes completely ruined me on 21CB tour oh god.

For anyone who hasn't seen GD Live, the absolute closest you can get to it is watching Bullet in a Bible. The amount of raw energy in that DVD is like the second best thing you can get, next to seeing them live of course.

Think of the most amazing thing ever, multiply it x 1000 and then it comes close to the feeling when you're seeing them perform. :)

I always thought I already loved them before I went to my first concert, but I had to change my mind: I fell in love with them again, and even harder than I could ever imagine. They are a million times better on stage than on the CDs, in my opinion, if that is even possible.

Is it a "full" GD concert you’re going to? Because if it’s a festival, it may not be that overwhelming, which has nothing to do with the band itself, but with the audience. I experienced that the audience at festivals sometimes sucks when GD is headliner, because many of the people (which I of course don’t understand) don’t come because of GD, some even hate them (yeah, suckers). But if it’s a full GD concert, the whole audience becomes one big community, and they all sing along, and it’s just awesome.

Unfortunately, I only get to see them at a festival in Germany this year, there are no full GD shows in my country (yet, I hope!!). But a festival is still better than nothing, of course :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For anyone who hasn't seen GD Live, the absolute closest you can get to it is watching Bullet in a Bible. The amount of raw energy in that DVD is like the second best thing you can get, next to seeing them live of course.

How close does AAF come to BiaB for the ability to recreate the "live+in person" feeling?

They are one of the best band to see live. Some bands just play and thats it and only for an hour and a half. With Green Day they make you feel like you are part of the show. You even have a chance to be part of the show if you get on stage. At every show at least 1 person gets on stage. But recently they have been pulling up like 20 people to dance along which I think they will continue to do. And they play for almost 3 hours. Billie also tries to look out for the audience also like if someone looks like they are going to get hurt or if someone is starting shit sometimes Billie will say something especially if you stage dive he always makes sure the person makes it without falling which I think is really nice.

How close does AAF come to BiaB for the ability to recreate the "live+in person" feeling?

AAF was pretty close, it was still energetic enough, I'd say it comes close by like, 80% or so. I just never felt AAF was the best representation of it.

I was talking to some friends, and I realized something. It makes me sound like a hippy, but I think I'm sensitive to picking up energies. When I'm at a Green Day show I am so overwhelmed because I can feel everything. I can feel what everyone is projecting, I can feel what the band is projecting. It's an indescribable phenomenon.

And I can't wait to feel it again.

green day show are...perfect.: energetic, cheerful, crazy, engaging, dynamic, unpredictable in some respects. just perfect

Archived