How amazing is a Green Day concert?

Bam-Itz-GreenDay

So April 7th will be my first Green Day concert (General Admission), and I just want to know... how amazing is a Green Day concert? I watch live videos all the time and they sometimes just make me cry tears of joy. Is it the same emotions in person? Like, what kinds of things should I expect. And do they always do King For A Day? Because I have always wanted to be in the crowd when they play that song. I'm probably going to sound like a major 'fangirl' when I say this, but Billie, Mike, and Tre are my biggest heroes. If I were so meet them, I honestly would not even know what to say. I hope to be so amazed by their live performance that I leave with tears in my eyes. I almost feel like it is never going to come, but I know it will because Jan 16th was my original date, so it will be here before I know it.

So what I am really wondering is, what kinds of things did they do at a concert you have been to? What was it like to finally be a part of the crowd, swinging your arms and jumping around like a fool? (Or idiot, I should say ;) )

If this isn't the place for this kind of thread, I'm sorry ): I'm just very curious and want to hear from a lot of people their opinions. Seriously though, don't say anything bad about them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's alright, like. There's this bit where Billie will scream "HEY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH" for about 3 hours, then play Through The Fire And The Flames on a ukelele, but once you get through that it's not that bad.

I only been to one in 95 and it was good

I think GD are an excellent live band to me thats where they really excel (they are good in albums too but the energy at shows make them better if ya know what I mean)

Green Day is my favorite band to see live. So much fun, Tre always wears a bra at some point, they played king for a day at the second concert i went to and Billie is always yelling HEYYYYYYYY OOOOHHHHH. It's like the best experience ever and I was screaming along to every song, I never want thier shows to end. You'll have fun :) and I did freak out and cry like a moron when they first came out on stage. The music is just awesomeness and they play shit from every album; I could go on forever but you get it- it's awesomeness

It will be the single best experience of your life! Your wedding day and your 1st child will mean nothing to you compared to the day you saw Green Day live! It's that good! :D

IMO Green Day's up there with Springsteen in terms of their live performances, and that's saying something.

Like salty milk and coins.

Wait, what?

Oh a GD concert. I don't know. Really amazing, I imagine. Green Day are consistently ranked among some of the best live bands.

They put on a hell of a show, that's for sure. You will NOT be disappointed, ever.

but prepare to "get those hands up in the aaiirrrr" and repeat "heeyyyy-ohhhh" on Billie's command many, many times :lol:

I mean, from what I've seen they seem amazing! I know a few people who have called the constant HEYYYY OHHHs annoying, and I don't really like them much either :P

But they're supposed to be awesome!

They're absolutely great live! Sometimes the constant hey-ohs can get annoying if Billie does it too often on too many songs. But overall, they're amazing. Their crowd interactions make the concert entertaining.

They definitely know what they're doing.

You will not regret going. The show will be filled with a litle dirtyness (that can be taken in many ways), Hey-Oh's, whatever city you are in will be said multiple times, there is no way to describe the energy there (both the audience and the band). It will be a life changer, that is for sure.

Horrible, simply horrible, from what I've seen, he just interacts with the crowd by masturbating, or showing his ass, screaming "Hey oooh" (as Ceadog mentioned) and just runs around the stage holding a guitar while Mike and Tre and the other musicians just play the same riff over and over again, cause they are sick of his shit. And if you are lucky, he'll have a rage and smash his guitar on the ground, or get some people up on stage to sing part of a song, he just interacts with the crowd and doesn't play shit :mad:

I've never seen them live, and I am just poking fun, not hating on them

:)

It's one of the best things you'll ever experience. I've had the pleasure of attending numerous concerts from all types of artists, but nothing compares to Green Day.

First and foremost, the acoustics and other sound parameters are fantastic. Also, the lighting on the stage for various parts of the show is great as well. If it wasn't for the stage crew, then the shows would be nowhere as good as they are. They are always behind the scenes, but one of the most important ingredients for a fantastic evening.

Next, the setlist is always top notch. A lot of bands overkill their new songs to death, but I'd like to think that Green Day doesn't. They typically always begin the shows with their newer songs and singles, but a gigantic chunk of the show is old songs that everybody knows or should know. The last couple songs of the main set are typically some of their newer material. They then go into the encore and perform a few old and new songs before Billie Joe plays "Good Riddance". I've attended concerts where big name artists played almost their entire new album in its entirety the entire show and only a couple old songs. It's safe to say I haven't attended another one of those.

To end my rant, it'll probably be the best concert you've ever attended. From the energy, to the crowd interaction, to the songs, to the stage design, etc. Green Day does it and they do it right. There's a reason they've been praised for such great shows :)

Green Day concerts are one of the best experiences in your life. I've been to 2 concerts in 2009 and im going to my 3rd in June. You will have memories that will stay with you your whole life :)

That will be the best day of your life.. At least my first Green Day concert was!!

How amazing is Green Day concert? Hmmm.... So amazing that it's gonna be the best day of your life. Nuff Said

if you want to really experience how a 'real' concert should be, you should see them live all over again ;)

emotions,fun,music,entertaining,dancing,....

i saw them live three times now, and i can really say that these days are the best days of my life so far :)

If Green Day weren't good the first time I saw them I would never have gone to see them again.

As it happens I've seen Green Day live 6 times, I have traveled to another country 3 times to see them and I would love to see them again.

best show ever! I' saw them in 2005 with my dad and a friend. We were all blown away it was so awesome, and they didn't even love green day like I do. Toward the end, it seemed like every song would be the last but it kept getting better. Wake me up when september ends felt like it was the ultimate show closer, and then they played Maria, Basketcase, She and Hitching a Ride. and then Minority, which went on for about 10 minutes and was epic. How can they top that, I asked!!! and then they went into King for a day/shout - and then We are the champions with everyone's lighters in the air and people in tears. How can they top that???? They played Boulavard of Broken Dreams which was the biggest hit of that year, and I thought, It just can't get any better. I'm in heaven. The band left the stage, only to come back a few minutes later and played Good Riddance to close the night out. Even after that, people waited around for 20-30 minutes screaming for them to come back. But 20 songs and 2:30 hours was perfect and that was it.

Archived