Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fall Out Boy

• Please log in to reply
598 replies to this topic

AfterShock

AfterShock
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2010
  • 320 rep

I actually really loved Thriller as the opener. It was like "holy shit they are back". :lol: But I can definitely see how The Phoenix would be a killer opener though. I really liked how they had the music video playing in the background, it gives it so much more power. I hope they keep it like that.

Yeah, Thriller was kind of awkward in the middle of the set...but The Phoenix just has so much energy it was perfect! That and then I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy right after it makes the crowd just go nuts  :lol: I was sad to see Hum Hallelujah and Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes dropped, hopefully those make a comeback

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,937 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,791 rep

Yeah, Thriller was kind of awkward in the middle of the set...but The Phoenix just has so much energy it was perfect! That and then I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy right after it makes the crowd just go nuts  :lol: I was sad to see Hum Hallelujah and Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes dropped, hopefully those make a comeback

I bet! I liked The Phoenix in the middle because it was right after a TTTYG song (I think?) and it made the whole place go so frikin' crazy. It definitely brought back the energy. They dropped Hum Hallelujah and Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes? That sucks, I would've been so mad haha. I remember when they played Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes they skipped the beginning and started at the "Fell out of bed..." part and I didn't recognize what song it was until the "detox to retox" part happened. :lol: I'm still confused why they cut the beginning, it's like the best part.

AfterShock

AfterShock
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2010
  • 320 rep

I bet! I liked The Phoenix in the middle because it was right after a TTTYG song (I think?) and it made the whole place go so frikin' crazy. It definitely brought back the energy. They dropped Hum Hallelujah and Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes? That sucks, I would've been so mad haha. I remember when they played Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes they skipped the beginning and started at the "Fell out of bed..." part and I didn't recognize what song it was until the "detox to retox" part happened. :lol: I'm still confused why they cut the beginning, it's like the best part.

Those are two of my favorite FOB songs I was so sad I didn't get to see them :( but yeah I like the beginning too, it gives the song a great buildup. I really hope they bring it back for this tour!

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,196 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 9,642 rep
Fall Out Boy announced as NFL Pro Bowl halftime performers

It has been revealed that Fall Out Boy will be the halftime performer at the 2014 Pro Bowl in Honolulu, Hawaii. The NFL press release provided some more details about the event:

“They will perform their new hit “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)” and their breakthrough single, “Sugar, We’re Goin’ Down” while accompanied by a card stunt, Hawaiian drummers, fire knife dancers and the Pro Bowl Cheerleaders.”

The band recently announced they will be co-headlining a tour with Paramore this summer.

http://dyingscene.co...ime-performers/

HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade
  • And now for something completely different...

• 4,780 posts
  • Joined Feb 15, 2013
  • 2,786 rep

I actually really loved Thriller as the opener. It was like "holy shit they are back". :lol: But I can definitely see how The Phoenix would be a killer opener though. I really liked how they had the music video playing in the background, it gives it so much more power. I hope they keep it like that.

Thriller is great live cuz no Jay Z :lol:

I respect their penchant for guest contribution on albums, but I always hate their choices, and the amount of them. Lil' Wayne, Jay Z and Big Sean DO NOT belong, Courtney Love is a joke, etc... Elton John is fine though.

westendriot

westendriot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2006
  • 534 rep

I love Thriller and Jay Z on that song but I definitely don't care for every guest contribution.

Also I got a pit ticket for the Detroit show and M&G  :runaround:

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 4,937 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,791 rep

Also I got a pit ticket for the Detroit show and M&G  :runaround:

oh my god! :D I'm so happy for you!! Have you met them before?

westendriot

westendriot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2006
  • 534 rep
Only Patrick!

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 4,937 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,791 rep

They are all super sweet! Especially Joe! I'm so excited for you omg. I wish I could meet them again, last time I was so starstruck I completely forgot to tell Patrick that he was my favorite person ever and all of that shit :lol:

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 1,947 rep

Oh god I think I'd die if I got the chance to meet them. It's not really their celebrity-ness that would freak me out, but it's just so weird like 'hey I've spend like 5 years listening to your albums and me and my brother sing the words together' like that's so strange :lol: It'd be wicked though.

westendriot

westendriot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2006
  • 534 rep

They are all super sweet! Especially Joe! I'm so excited for you omg. I wish I could meet them again, last time I was so starstruck I completely forgot to tell Patrick that he was my favorite person ever and all of that shit :lol:

Awww. That's good to hear! I'm sure I'm going to be super nervous haha  :lol: When I did meet Patrick before, it was at one of their first small club shows last year in Paris and he thought it was really cool that my friend and I were there and that we were from the same area in Michigan as his wife. My friend did most of the talking and at one point I just blurted out 'I love you' for no reason so hopefully this time will be more smooth ahaha I rarely get nervous around band members but Fall Out Boy will be an exception I'm sure. 

AfterShock

AfterShock
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2010
  • 320 rep

Got my tickets for the Chicago Monumentour show today :)

Who else is going to shows on this tour?? And what do you think we can expect from them?

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 4,937 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,791 rep

Awww. That's good to hear! I'm sure I'm going to be super nervous haha  :lol: When I did meet Patrick before, it was at one of their first small club shows last year in Paris and he thought it was really cool that my friend and I were there and that we were from the same area in Michigan as his wife. My friend did most of the talking and at one point I just blurted out 'I love you' for no reason so hopefully this time will be more smooth ahaha I rarely get nervous around band members but Fall Out Boy will be an exception I'm sure. 

Oh my god :lol: That must have been really embarrassing! Looking back on when I met them I was so awkward too. All I could do was muster out a "thank you" to Patrick, Andy, and Joe, and when we took a picture Patrick had to wave me over by him because I was just standing there looking confused :lol: And I almost didn't even hug Pete because he scared the crap out of me (not because he looked mean or anything, he's just...Pete Wentz haha). I'm surprised I was at least able to thank him for writing What A Catch, Donnie.

Yes, I definitely need a re-do at meeting them. :lol:

Got my tickets for the Chicago Monumentour show today :)

Who else is going to shows on this tour?? And what do you think we can expect from them?

I think we can expect a duet with Patrick and Hayley of some sort. Not sure whether it would be a Fall Out Boy song or Paramore song, though.

AfterShock

AfterShock
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2010
  • 320 rep

I think we can expect a duet with Patrick and Hayley of some sort. Not sure whether it would be a Fall Out Boy song or Paramore song, though.

That's what I was thinking, too! For some reason my mind jumped to Hayley taking Courtney Love's part of Rat a Tat, hahaha! Maybe Just One Yesterday? 

westendriot

westendriot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2006
  • 534 rep

Just One Yesterday would be so good! 

I would love to hear Rat a Tat live but just without Courtney's part altogether. 

Advertising

AfterShock

AfterShock
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2010
  • 320 rep

I would love to hear Rat a Tat live but just without Courtney's part altogether. 

Rat a Tat would be one of the best songs on the new album if there was no Courtney Love....

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 4,937 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,791 rep

Agree with both things! :happy:

I'd kill to see Just One Yesterday live. I remember reading/hearing somewhere that Patrick likes singing that song a lot, so I can definitely see it happen. Hayley's voice would fit the part too.

AfterShock

AfterShock
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2010
  • 320 rep

Plus it's a new song, and they've been playing the new stuff pretty frequently! Maybe we'll get lucky  :happy:

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • even lovers drown

• 14,434 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 2,374 rep

just popping in to say that they debuted just one yesterday when i saw them at leeds

tee hee

also, they had foxes with them :happy:

AfterShock

AfterShock
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2010
  • 320 rep

just popping in to say that they debuted just one yesterday when i saw them at leeds

tee hee

also, they had foxes with them :happy:

...not even jealous...

AndrewW91

AndrewW91
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,170 posts
  • Joined Feb 13, 2008
  • 496 rep

So I'm officially going to the show in Tinley Park.  Got seats in section 101.  We tried for the pit, but they were sold out during all the pre-sales.  I'm happy though!  Tinley Park isn't too big of a place, and 101 is a good section.

I know the pit is pretty damn small, so that's why they sold out so fast.  I'm pretty stoked!

TheJesusOfSuburbiaIsALie

TheJesusOfSuburbiaIsALie
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,075 posts
  • Joined Aug 14, 2011
  • 1,010 rep

I just got into FOB and I cannot believe that I didn't take the time to listen to them before! They're sooo good!  :woot:

Jean

Jean
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • Joined Dec 01, 2012
  • 3,754 rep

I just got into FOB and I cannot believe that I didn't take the time to listen to them before! They're sooo good!  :woot:

Better late than never.

Asa.

Asa.
  • Raptor Vampire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  • Joined Sep 24, 2012
  • 991 rep
Damn, even almost a year later I am still blown away by SR&R. Sure, it's a change, but it's a fantastic change and from start to finish it is amazing.

HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade
  • And now for something completely different...

• 4,780 posts
  • Joined Feb 15, 2013
  • 2,786 rep

Damn, even almost a year later I am still blown away by SR&R. Sure, it's a change, but it's a fantastic change and from start to finish it is amazing.

I was decently impressed with it for the first few months, but I've grown more and more disenchanted with it as time has passed. Pax Am Days was a godsend for me. That said, TTTYG is tied with Folie a Deux (ironically) as my favorite album, so it's not that I don't like that kind of thing

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • even lovers drown

• 14,434 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 2,374 rep
THEY PLAYED CHICAGO IS SO TWO YEARS AGO!!!

sorry for the caps but omg. fucking amazing.

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 8,196 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 9,642 rep

Interview: Pete Wentz Just Wants Fall Out Boy To Be Like Metallica

http://live105.cbslo...like-metallica/

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 8,196 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 9,642 rep
Fall Out Boy nominated twice for Billboard Music Awards

http://www.altpress....rd_music_awards

Drain Bramaged

Drain Bramaged
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined Jun 16, 2013
  • 21 rep

Their first two records are pretty cool, I like their song, 'Reinventing The Wheel To Run Myself Over' and '7 Minutes In Heaven (Atavan Halen)'. Their new "hardcore" EP is pretty cool, if not a bit pretentious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users