InvaderPhantom

Fall Out Boy

18 minutes ago, Emilie said:

Mm they have. Save rock and roll wasn't bad. But I do tend to forget that ABAP even happened. It didn't feel like a full album, it was like an album of fillers and the real good stuff was missing. It's a shame 'cause I love fall out boy. The lyrics are still great, it's just the choices they make with the music that make it unenjoyable

Honestly, that run of the first four albums is unstoppable, they honestly challenge Green Day as my favourite band around that time. Then something weird happened. I don't even get where it's come from. Joe's a metalhead, Pat's into his soul stuff and Pete never looks like he's enjoying himself, so what gives? Ever since the Monumentour it's like they've tried to take a similar direction to Paramore and have just kind of failed. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Honestly, that run of the first four albums is unstoppable, they honestly challenge Green Day as my favourite band around that time. Then something weird happened. I don't even get where it's come from. Joe's a metalhead, Pat's into his soul stuff and Pete never looks like he's enjoying himself, so what gives? Ever since the Monumentour it's like they've tried to take a similar direction to Paramore and have just kind of failed. 

Yeah I agree with it being so unlike any of them. I find it strange regarding Joe and Andy because the music seems unlike them (especially compared to their other bands) but since the hiatus ended they've apparently been contributing more and more to the writing process. Pete had that electronic thing during the hiatus so it fits his style more, but afaik Pete is more of a lyric writer than the music. Music is mostly Patrick, and now Joe and Andy. It's just weird and doesn't seem to fit them right.

I really can't imagine not enjoying these post-hiatus records, it's funny seeing how people react here, on a community based around pop punk, versus other communities I go to with a different variety of userbase. I am not saying it's wrong to dislike these!! I can understand why people wouldn't enjoy this sound and prefer their older sounds. Personally, I think the only records to hold a candle (outside of nostalgic purposes because this band has meant a looooot to me) to Save Rock and Roll, AB/AP and now MANIA is maybe Infinity on High and Folie a Deux being the best thing they will probably ever do. 

But like... the songwriting on these new songs, I really think it's Pete at his best. His most clever and biting, but still lovable and relatable like he's always been. I think the production is pretty amazing as well and I love how they've managed to adapt to the pop whirlwind without losing their sense of self. They're just an insanely talented band either way you look at it.

Yeah after listening to the album yesterday and today, I do find it generally quite forgetable, except a few decent moments. Like some have said on here, a couple of the singles are quite good, such as TLOTRO and HMTOD. The rest of the album tracks didn't offer anything to top those in my opinion, which is disappointing. I heard all five singles when they were released, and out of the remaining five on the album I hadn't heard, the only one I like is Stay Frosty and even that is massively let down by one very awkward line.... those of you that have heard it probably know what I'm talking about. 

The only tracks I will likely come back to are the two singles I've mentioned and possibly Stay Frosty, the rest is pretty bad and in the case of Y&M, Champion, Sunshine Riptide awful. Wasn't worth waiting 9 months for at all. 

12 hours ago, Malleus said:

I really can't imagine not enjoying these post-hiatus records, it's funny seeing how people react here, on a community based around pop punk, versus other communities I go to with a different variety of userbase. I am not saying it's wrong to dislike these!! I can understand why people wouldn't enjoy this sound and prefer their older sounds. Personally, I think the only records to hold a candle (outside of nostalgic purposes because this band has meant a looooot to me) to Save Rock and Roll, AB/AP and now MANIA is maybe Infinity on High and Folie a Deux being the best thing they will probably ever do. 

But like... the songwriting on these new songs, I really think it's Pete at his best. His most clever and biting, but still lovable and relatable like he's always been. I think the production is pretty amazing as well and I love how they've managed to adapt to the pop whirlwind without losing their sense of self. They're just an insanely talented band either way you look at it.

this place does indeed lack a variety. It's pop punk or gtfo! :lol: 

5 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

Yeah after listening to the album yesterday and today, I do find it generally quite forgetable, except a few decent moments. Like some have said on here, a couple of the singles are quite good, such as TLOTRO and HMTOD. The rest of the album tracks didn't offer anything to top those in my opinion, which is disappointing. I heard all five singles when they were released, and out of the remaining five on the album I hadn't heard, the only one I like is Stay Frosty and even that is massively let down by one very awkward line.... those of you that have heard it probably know what I'm talking about. 

The only tracks I will likely come back to are the two singles I've mentioned and possibly Stay Frosty, the rest is pretty bad and in the case of Y&M, Champion, Sunshine Riptide awful. Wasn't worth waiting 9 months for at all. 

"Are you smelling that shit" :lol:

4 hours ago, Eric said:

this place does indeed lack a variety. It's pop punk or gtfo! :lol: 

Sure... it's because it's not pop punk. Whatever you say.. That's the only reason we don't like it... Even though I liked AB/AP... Ok.