¡Cuatro! premiere at X-Games in Aspen

Cori

In case anyone is interested in a couple more pictures from the premiere, here are some of the ones I took last night:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tess_uh/sets/72157632628031222/

I understand why they had it in Aspen, but I feel like the premiere would have been an even bigger success if it was in Denver or Boulder, CO.

We had a good time and the film was amazing, but the atmosphere was definitely a lot different than what I was expecting

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case anyone is interested in a couple more pictures from the premiere, here are some of the ones I took last night:

I understand why they had it in Aspen, but I feel like the premiere would have been an even bigger success if it was in Denver or Boulder, CO.

We had a good time and the film was amazing, but the atmosphere was definitely a lot different than what I was expecting

Thanks for the update! By the atmosphere being different, do you mean it in a good or bad way?

What was the Q&A like? What was asked and answered? :)

Thanks for the update! By the atmosphere being different, do you mean it in a good or bad way?

It just didn't feel like it was a Green Day production. I mean, obviously, there were fans there, but there was a fashion show before the film started and it seemed like a lot of the VIP attendees were from those clothing companies. I guess it had a more corporate feel, for lack of a better word. Just not what I'm used to when I see Green Day-affiliated projects.

That's just my take, though. I'm sure others felt differently

What was the Q&A like? What was asked and answered? :)

There weren't endless questions- they asked about the shooting of the film, like how much footage they had that wasn't used, which seemed to be thousands of hours.

Some of the questions from the crowd were blatantly obvious to Green Day fans, like why was "Amy" written, and what "Wake Me Up When September Ends" is about (I mean, really?)

Also, someone asked whether or not we'd ever hear anything from Cigarettes and Valentines. Mike said that although songs will sometimes reappear in different forms, that the band's deal is that they eventually release everything. So basically, yes.

Other questions were would they ever want to play Red Rocks (Mike said he would love to), where Billie was ("he's finishing up a stint, let's leave it at that"), and just a lot of goofing around and making fun of people by Tré

I'm sorry I don't remember everything verbatim, but that's really the jist of the important stuff :happy:

Was there any tour-related stuff answered ?

Was there any tour-related stuff answered ?

Not really at all, actually.

It just didn't feel like it was a Green Day production. I mean, obviously, there were fans there, but there was a fashion show before the film started and it seemed like a lot of the VIP attendees were from those clothing companies. I guess it had a more corporate feel, for lack of a better word. Just not what I'm used to when I see Green Day-affiliated projects.

There weren't endless questions- they asked about the shooting of the film, like how much footage they had that wasn't used, which seemed to be thousands of hours.

Some of the questions from the crowd were blatantly obvious to Green Day fans, like why was "Amy" written, and what "Wake Me Up When September Ends" is about (I mean, really?)

Also, someone asked whether or not we'd ever hear anything from Cigarettes and Valentines. Mike said that although songs will sometimes reappear in different forms, that the band's deal is that they eventually release everything. So basically, yes.

Other questions were would they ever want to play Red Rocks (Mike said he would love to), where Billie was ("he's finishing up a stint, let's leave it at that"), and just a lot of goofing around and making fun of people by Tré

I'm sorry I don't remember everything verbatim, but that's really the jist of the important stuff :happy:

Interesting about Cigarettes and Valentines.

Interesting about Cigarettes and Valentines.

Yeah, that was actually the most coherent question to come out of the crowd haha

Not really at all, actually.

Can you describe some of the stuff from Cuatro that didn't make it into TV version? I'm especially curious about the flashback scene of Billie and Mike on acid. How many songs did they show the recordings of? Any more live footage from secret shows?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tess_uh/sets/72157632628031222/

How can I share that slideshow?

Oh one more thing I remember:

One of the hosts asked if the band builds stuff together a lot, as in the film they show them building a half pipe and longboards and a stage. Mike said that they just kind of do what they want to do, and that Billie really wanted a half pipe. "And I'm like, hey, you're 40, but ok let's build a half pipe"

Oh one more thing I remember:

One of the hosts asked if the band builds stuff together a lot, as in the film they show them building a half pipe and longboards and a stage. Mike said that they just kind of do what they want to do, and that Billie really wanted a half pipe. "And I'm like, hey, you're 40, but ok let's build a half pipe"

You're never to some a pipe!

Can you describe some of the stuff from Cuatro that didn't make it into TV version? I'm especially curious about the flashback scene of Billie and Mike on acid. How many songs did they show the recordings of? Any more live footage from secret shows?

The film was about an hour and fifteen minutes long, so most of it made it on TV. What would you like to know about the flashback? It was a reenactment scene with actors with Billie's voiceover that lasted maybe a minute. Just a little piece of storytelling filler. They did something similar with the recording/playing of "Makeout Party". They had a scene that was quick cuts of a party in a hotel room, (like cocaine, someone peeing into a toilet, women's legs, etc) that really didn't seem to be actual footage from the band, just a visual representation of the song.

Again, it was a lot to look at and remember, and I haven't seen the TV version since it aired. The recording of songs was a lot of overlapping. They would show bits of recording, then fade it into some of the secret shows, and then move on to another bit or another live set.

The credits at the end, which would include all recording bits, live takes, or soundtrack music, included at least 35 songs in my estimation.

I know you want more specifics, I'm sorry I can't be as helpful

How can I share that slideshow?

Here is the link to that Flickr set, if you'd like: http:// www.flickr.com/photos/tess_uh/sets/72157632628031222/

What was the complete version of Cuatro like?

Extremely similar to the TV version. Probably some more footage of the secret shows, and extended scenes of ones that were already on TV. There were a couple things that I didn't remember being on TV, like little moments of them goofing around or more shots of Billie songwriting. Also, more of them in NY.

Any pics of them in Aspen with Billie? All I've seen are Mike and Tre (not that I'm complaining :lol: )

Any pics of them in Aspen with Billie? All I've seen are Mike and Tre (not that I'm complaining :lol: )

Billie wasn't there :)

I'm curious to know why it's only 1hr 15minutes ?

Yeah that I don't know. I was kind of expecting at least an hour and a half, preferably 2 hours. I know it started about 9:20, and we were back in the car by 11:10, and we were the last ones to leave.

Billie wasn't there :)

Oohh..I'm so dense I didn't know! :lol: Okay thanks! Still wish I could've seen it on Tv or something

only 75 minutes? hmmph. i guess it makes sense being just an extra coming along with the boxset but sill. i thought someone said it was close to 2 hours. lies!

only 75 minutes? hmmph. i guess it makes sense being just an extra coming along with the boxset but sill. i thought someone said it was close to 2 hours. lies!

Yeah, that's what I was expecting as well. To the film's credit, it feels longer than 75 minutes haha

The rough draft version my friend watched (co VP of Access Industries who owns Warner) was close to 2 hours but he had watched it back in July so things could change

The rough draft version my friend watched (co VP of Access Industries who owns Warner) was close to 2 hours but he had watched it back in July so things could change

Yep you never claimed otherwise...if people jumped to conclusions about the length they have themselves to blame lol.

why? just catching her up on the news. its not my fault hes not going to be there

I know lol relax. It just sucks because she had high hopes of him being there.

Archived