¡Cuatro! premiere at X-Games in Aspen

Cori

Why does it seem that X games was a bad idea. Cos everyone seems to be absorbed in the games, well it is about the games, so yeah. I think if they premiered it in some movie festival, it would have been better.

Does anyone know why they chose this event? It seems to me like an odd place to try to create fuzz about their trilogy. I don't know, it just don't see any correlation between X-games and Green Day whatsoever... :/

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know why they chose this event? It seems to me like an odd place to try to create fuzz about their trilogy. I don't know, it just don't see any correlation between X-games and Green Day whatsoever... :/

It made perfect sense...Green Day...X-Games...it has an X in it...ta da!!

It made perfect sense...Green Day...X-Games...it has an X in it...ta da!!

Yep! And don't forget about X - KID :D

I dont think this is a matter of people only caring about billie joe... It's that we are all just waiting anxiously for that moment when we can finally see the band united again. its only disappointing because we have to keep waiting. It's only about billie joe because he's the one on hiatus

This. I love Mike and Tre but it's incomplete without Billie.

It's one thing for somebody to say he's doing well but I'd really like to see for myself.

If he's not ready to deal with the questions about rehab, I don't blame him. But it's going to come up eventually. If he decides to just never talk about it, it will always be the elephant in the room, the forbidden topic. That's why I suggested before that he do an interview with a trusted magazine. It's less pressure and he can take time to think before answering where on a talk show, they have time limits. Also he could ask for certain things to be edited out before it goes to print.

I remember reading an interview during the American Idiot era where he was asked about his DUI and while he didn't really go into detail, he handled it pretty well.

This. I love Mike and Tre but it's incomplete without Billie.

It's one thing for somebody to say he's doing well but I'd really like to see for myself.

If he's not ready to deal with the questions about rehab, I don't blame him. But it's going to come up eventually. If he decides to just never talk about it, it will always be the elephant in the room, the forbidden topic. That's why I suggested before that he do an interview with a trusted magazine. It's less pressure and he can take time to think before answering where on a talk show, they have time limits. Also he could ask for certain things to be edited out before it goes to print.

I remember reading an interview during the American Idiot era where he was asked about his DUI and while he didn't really go into detail, he handled it pretty well.

Wait are you his PR assistant now or something...lol he can do what he wants its his life and it was his problem if he doesnt want to go into detail he doesnt have to go into detail. End of. Just because you want to hear the dirty laundry doesnt mean he should go and do a tell all with a ''trusted magazine'' as you say. Lol thats bullshit! And again its a documentary about Green Day which has three main members not just Billie Joe. People upset because he's not there...why? we know hes doing okay they wouldnt have resheduled the tour if he wasnt common sense. Its his life let him deal with it the way he wants and not pander to fans who just want to get personal details. So lame.

Don't know if someone mentioned this, but one of the guys of X-games yesterday wrote on Twitter that the video will be available "most likely late tonight or tomorrow."

Waiting...

There's no point in speculating about what Billie Joe should do after making a decision to show in public, about why he didn't come to Aspen and whining about it! If he needs time - then fine! I'd prefer to see him not becoming angry at thousands of questions concerning his unspecified substance abuse. And - Green Day consists of FOUR MUSICIANS: Billie Joe, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool and Jason White! It's Green Day - not Billie Joe and the band.

No ones asking him to spill his soul... i wouldnt be surprised if the band never mentioned his rehab again. we just wanted him to be there because we miss him. Obviously he'll reemerge eventually but sooner is better than later. i dont know why people are getting so worked up. its just a bummer thats all.

No ones asking him to spill his soul... i wouldnt be surprised if the band never mentioned his rehab again. we just wanted him to be there because we miss him. Obviously he'll reemerge eventually but sooner is better than later. i dont know why people are getting so worked up. its just a bummer thats all.

Actually no sooner isnt better than later... he needs as much time as he needs to get his head straight so he comes back into view when he wants to

Wait are you his PR assistant now or something...lol he can do what he wants its his life and it was his problem if he doesnt want to go into detail he doesnt have to go into detail. End of. Just because you want to hear the dirty laundry doesnt mean he should go and do a tell all with a ''trusted magazine'' as you say. Lol thats bullshit! And again its a documentary about Green Day which has three main members not just Billie Joe. People upset because he's not there...why? we know hes doing okay they wouldnt have resheduled the tour if he wasnt common sense. Its his life let him deal with it the way he wants and not pander to fans who just want to get personal details. So lame.

1. Calm down.

2. No I'm not his PR assistant. I'm just sharing an opinion like everybody else does around here.

3. I never said he HAD to do anything. I was just making a suggestion. If he had went into rehab at a time when the band was not in the middle of promotion, he might not have to deal with the questions. But it happened right after the iHeartRadio incident which made it very public. I would think not talking about it would cause more pressure because every interviewer would just be dying inside to get the exclusive on it. Why not take the pressure off and get it out of the way? Then if it gets brought up again, he could say he already discussed it, let's move on. If he doesn't want to talk about it, fine. I'm not going to fault him for it.

4. its a documentary about Green Day which has three main members not just Billie Joe. Exactly. THREE members. Four if you count Jason. Not two.

5. Billie didn't show. Fine, I'm over it. But don't get all pissed because other people wanted him to be there.

oh you want them to play at american idol again? before or after justin bieber?

people post so much dumb stuff....

They played at the XGames in 2002, even aired it on ESPN (named EXPN for promo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcGfLfL1Adk

Actually no sooner isnt better than later... he needs as much time as he needs to get his head straight so he comes back into view when he wants to

Well he wouldnt come back until he's ready anyway so yes we want him to recover as soon as possible. I'd like to see him well again

They shouldve played it on the moon... would have got a lot more publicity that way :P

oh you want them to play at american idol again? before or after justin bieber?

people post so much dumb stuff....

Thank you for your kind response, you make life worth living again. My point was that the x-games is hardly a relevant place to market something like this, with the main focus being on the sport-events. I think there are many other places that would have been more prudent in regards to actually reaching a larger, perhaps more interested crowd.

So, next time, please think twice before you act like a dick.

Because Warner and Disney (ESPN, ABC, etc) butt fuck. They love each other. Warner artists are ALWAYS played on ESPN shows/events.

I'm always amazed how every thread, no matter what the topic, eventually just turns into an angry debate about who cares about Billie's well-being more, who's selfish, who's dumb... geez, people. Calm down. :P

ESPN just did a bit more promo for them and the premiere. 60 sec ad showing Mike and Tre and a bit of the film. Very cool, indeed.

1/2 of Green Day... :woot:

Jason being acknowledged as a member makes me happy.

Me too! Unless they just mean Billie's worth the same as Tre and Mike combined :creep:

They Just showed a little clip on X games right now and it showed Mike and Tre answering questions and talking to fans. The host also said Cuatro was well recieved!

Archived